Tickets...is there a way to tell if they're fake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenn121

The Fly
Okay, besides the obvious UTWO or something, is there a way to tell if my tickets are legit? I just bought them from someone on craigslist who said he wouldn't be able to attend the show. They came in the mail today and look legit, but I know lots of people have been scammed by tickets that looked real. Any ways to tell the difference?

I don't even care so much about the money as much as the disappointment of showing up to the show in December all pumped up only to find I have fakes. I used ticketfast for the show I saw in June, so I have no stubs to compare.

Thanks!

I know of 2 ways 2 do this.
tear a small part of the ticket. the front and the back of the ticket is white but a ticketmaster ticket has light blue paper on the inside. I guess its like carbon paper. the other way is to put a match under the bottom of the ticket for about 1 or 2 seconds. do this away from the bar code. the bottom of the ticket will not turn black but the top will. try this on an old ticket stub first. and I guess a better way would be to light a match put it out and then touch the bottom of the ticket. if the ticket goes up in flames it was a paper ticket and it was a fake.
I shouldnt have to say this but this is for regular tickets not ticketfast.

Or... You can send the tickets to me, and I'll use a trustworthy scanner. I'll send the tickets back to you promptly... after the show. :wink:

BTW, Fuzz's recommendations are spot on.

Fuzz332 said:
Ithe other way is to put a match under the bottom of the ticket for about 1 or 2 seconds. do this away from the bar code. the bottom of the ticket will not turn black but the top will. try this on an old ticket stub first. and I guess a better way would be to light a match put it out and then touch the bottom of the ticket. if the ticket goes up in flames it was a paper ticket and it was a fake.

I can confirm firsthand that this is true and it works. :whistle:

well, if it doesn't have the hollogram, if it doesn't at least say something about "u2" on it, and most importantly, if it's printed on a cracker (and partly eaten) - i'd say it's a fake.

7ust ask homer. :sexywink:

Put it in a bucket of tepid water for three-five minutes, then hold it up to a 100W light at an angle of 45 degrees to see the hidden watermark.

You'll be able to read the lyrics from one of Bono's (now returned) October scripts.

Thank you for all of your helpful suggestions. I have now burned, soaked, and then eaten my tickets. When I held them up to the light they said "The song is called 'WAKE UP' by Arcade Fire". I guess I'll hope that they are real and that my scorched, soggy, half-eaten tickets scan in.

Okay, I really did tear the corner a bit and it has blue paper inside....I feel better, thank you, Fuzz!

Back
Top Bottom