The official I hate the internet threat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zwervers2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Was just thinking about the setlists of the rehearsel and the feeling of dissapointment I had afterwards...You see in da good ol'days, the boys would play in rotterdam and start their european leg their and I woudl open my bedroomwindow just to hear when they would rehearse...take my bike and cycle like hell to hear them. Feeling like Oh my God they play bullet and PRIDE! and Sunday bloody sunday was rehearsed for the first time etc..

You didn't realy know what to expect because a: there was no internet b: you had one loosy bootleg of the first concert of the american leg which sounded like crap. This was in the zooropa era. Then came popmart and the information then became easier to find...same setlist etc but still blown away by rehearsels again in rotterdam oh my god they play PRIDE, bullet etc...

4 years later: elevationtour, internet has been globally accepted and suddenly you find yourself at work looking at songtitels and thinking wow they play the same stuff every night...bootlegs show up you hear the arrangements and everytinh and they play bullet, pride and a lot of the same. BUT: you go to slane castle the 25th aug 2001 and you cry and you cheer and during bullet you scream your longs out and the same goes for pride, one etc..

Present: 20 bootlegs later no chance in setlist whatsoever with the acception of some oldies they can dream like WOWY or bad and something has changed. The spontanity that problably wasn't their in the first place has dissapeared and it's not even the boys fault or my own..I love the internet and all possibilities but it took away a lot of magic and I'm too much of an blue crack addict to look the other way when they rehearse..

I wish I could go back once more to 1993 and stand outside the feyenoordstadium and listen to bullet and pride and thinking wow I love it that hey play this....

Must be getting old I guess
:|

You could also just do like my brother does.....
Which is not checking the internet for u2 news since the start of the tour...

He's got discipline....

I'm weak :(

Vorsprung said:

He's got discipline....

I'm weak :(

I know I know but I just can't help myself. Can you imagine standing in Brussels tonight and not knowing elec co and zoostation etc being played. total insanity...

Vorsprung said:

I actually did that, from just before the San Diego show until Boston May 24. It was tough, but made that first Boston show just UNREAL for me. It was a long 2 months at work with not much I could read online! But for every single song to be a surprise was well worth it. I totally freaked at Electric Co, The Ocean, Zoo Station, 40. And not knowing which HTDAAB songs were going to make the cut was cool as well.

However, now I'm already back on the Damn These Static Setlist Bandwagons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom