Setlist party Amsterdam2 7/15/2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Spain said:

...and "stuck in a moment", the unique song rehearsed in Los Angeles that have never been played this tour.

That March 26th LA dress rehearsal is officially considered the first show of the Vertigo tour, as per Bono's announcement at the end of the show that it was not a rehearsal, that it was the first show. Since it was a show open to the genral public, which is how I got in (not being a contest winner), it was a full Veritgo show.

As a result, I consider Stuck to have been played once on this tour. I saw and heard it played with my own eyes and ears.

U2@NYC said:

MADDA FACKAS... U2 SUX. THEY SHOULDA LEARN FROM SNOOP DOGG...

Yuck, I seriously dislike Snoop Dogg.
Does he think he's COOL or something?
'Cause I definitely don't think so.

As for the Killers. I wouldn't know. Never heard anything by them.
Apparently the Amsterdam audience hadn't either. They didn't seem to like them very much the 1st concert.
Or was that another band playing?
Darn it, I better check that.

Halup said:

That March 26th LA dress rehearsal is officially considered the first show of the Vertigo tour, as per Bono's announcement at the end of the show that it was not a rehearsal, that it was the first show. Since it was a show open to the genral public, which is how I got in (not being a contest winner), it was a full Veritgo show.

As a result, I consider Stuck to have been played once on this tour. I saw and heard it played with my own eyes and ears.

How the played it?? like in ET or acoustic??

Miringeltje said:

Yuck, I seriously dislike Snoop Dogg.
Does he think he's COOL or something?
'Cause I definitely don't think so.

Apparently the Amsterdam audience hadn't either. They didn't seem to like them very much the 1st concert.

It was the Kaiser Chiefs i think at Amsterdam 1....pretty good too.

metallica%20as%20simpsons.gif

south_park%20metallica.gif

METALLICA RULEZZZZZ. THEY ARE THE SHIIITEEEE.

LJT said:

Didn't they have both the Kaiser Chiefs and The Killers?

Miringeltje said:

Think it was Kaiser Chiefs :)

U2Spain said:

How the played it?? like in ET or acoustic??

It was played by Bono and The Edge with The Edge on piano (if my memory serves me correct it was piano) and Adam and Larry joining in on about the final minute of the song.

LJT said:

Kaiser Chiefs were way better than The Killers in Amsterdam, although the audience didn't give both of them a very good reception.....

neutral said:

Hmm I must have missed Chris's beanies on all my bootlegs. :wink:

(obligatory :tsk: face)

he has only copied Edge up til the Unforgettable Fire Era so far:wink:

I am not really that anti-Coldplay i just find it fun too be so:D

I am definitely anti-Apple though a baby should not be allowed to look that cute:madspit:

U2Man said:

Seems like you can have your bed for your self tonight, Axver...:wink: Say ColdPlay sucks, and you will get rid of a couple of thousands more :wink:

Hehehe!
I really wonder why everybody seems so easily offended or affected if somebody doesn't like the same things they themselves do.

Different people, different opinions, different tastes.

Vorsprung said:

Kaiser Chiefs were way better than The Killers in Amsterdam, although the audience didn't give both of them a very good reception.....

Killers frontman is a nervy guy they generally dont play well unless the crowd is all for him.

i haven't had a chance to read all 16 pages of this thread yet but i thought y'all might like to see 2 pics that rono sent me today from his cell phone, live from amsterdam :D

Afbeelding037.jpg

Afbeelding035.jpg

Axver said:

G. K. Chesterton is one of the British literary giants from the late 19th and early 20th century. Some say he's the most quoted man in the English language. In any case, he wrote incredibly well in a diverse range of genres, from mysteries to theology to poetry. The man was a genius.

My copy of The Innocence Of Father Brown is about 200 pages. Each story isn't particularly long but they're all meticulously crafted and well written.

Oops. Never heard of him before. :reject:
Then again, I'm not English or from the Commonwells, which might explain why.
All sounds very intruiging (sp?) though.

Now let me check what U2 is up to in Amsterdam..

Axver said:

I don't sleep in on any day, heh. I'm more for early nights. 8:30 last night.

That's the secret about people going all the way to a Ph.D....:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom