Sao Paulo DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
Hey y'all,

Well, after the massive dissapointment of the tour postponement, I decided I needed a big U2 fix and have bought the DVD from the first Sao Paulo show on Ebay. I was gonna wait till after I saw the show but its 8 MONTHS away now so fuck it!

Just wondering what its like from people who has seen the DVD:
Is it a good show? How is Bono's voice? How is the DVD shot? Is there any commercials or interuptions? Any stand-out tracks?

Im very excited! :drool:

Last edited:
The version I have has a couple of commentators who talk all the way up to the very first words of COBL and then come in and have a chat between encores. Apart from that there are only intermitent subtitles to deal with... learning songs in Spanish can be fun. :wink:

Stand out tracks... Until The End Of The World blew me away both musically and visually, The Fly, Zoo Station all the rockers. The Pride -> Streets thing was tonnes better than on Chicago.

Great little DVD, you should enjoy it. :drool:

Sao Paulo was amazing. The band was so into the performance and having a great time. Bono spoke Portuguese a lot and it was just a great show.

The best thing was the crowd, they were so into it!!!! ELEVATION is amazing :drool: :drool:

I wish they had more camera lights because it seemed really dark. If they did that and it came out like Slane with more lighting on the crowd, it would be perfect.

Great show though. Get it if you can. Probably my favorite streets from this tour.

It was a great show, specially second night :drool:

The shows in Brazil and Chile were the best of the Latin American tour, and those 3 shows were FAR better than Chicago DVD :bump: :rockon: :camera: :heart: :shocked:

PS: Don´t worry about Bono´s voice, in those 3 nights his voice was amazing, clear, rich and powerful :bono:

Yeah it's like that line in the Making of Boston , the cameras are never in the real magic nights , not that the 1st concert was bad , it was awesome , but look what Edge said :

"1st show was excellent. But the second..... wowwww ! Unbelievable."

U2 should for once not tape a concert in US , for a dvd . If they keep doing this , a dvd with a indoor and outdoor concert , why don't they film the indoor in Canada , heard it's a great and pretyt loud crowd , specially in Montreal , I think . and for the stadium why not one of South America or Mexico , or even better a best of L.America , sure it would please a lot of people , and people would get the chance to see 4 great kinds of crowd .

timothius said:
The version I have has a couple of commentators who talk all the way up to the very first words of COBL and then come in and have a chat between encores. Apart from that there are only intermitent subtitles to deal with... learning songs in Spanish can be fun. :wink:

Stand out tracks... Until The End Of The World blew me away both musically and visually, The Fly, Zoo Station all the rockers. The Pride -> Streets thing was tonnes better than on Chicago.

Great little DVD, you should enjoy it. :drool:

Hey Timo, you can see me in several places while you watch this show. I'm the front row, the tall blonde guy with a white tshirt in front of where Adam stands. Look during Elevation and you'll see me.

Ready for the Enz tour? Tim Finn had said he'd like to play in L.A., along with NY and London, so I just may be able to see this tour.

Overall, a great show.

Streets had a couple of minor glitches. Bono fumbles for his ear monitors for a few seconds at the start, and seems to trip on the ramp missing a word.
Also, the video has a couple of odd-looking slomo shots of the crowd jumping up and down.

A definitive version of this DVD has not yet surfaced.
What happened to AmagnyZoid?
Supposedly his version was superb...

You'd think, but for some reason, a lot of people can't bothered to learn about BitTorrent and all the intricacies of DVD burning.

Many people are still on dial-up, which effectively prevents video downloads. Others are only allowed a certain monthly limit to their bandwidth capacity. Hence, some fans think that they have to buy U2 boots on eBay, which is a shame. Maybe someday they will learn how generous the U2 trading community is, if they just ask.

Anyway, the 2-disc version of the Sao Paulo show currently torrented is pretty good. The seeder, for some reason, decided to chop off the beginning of COBL because the TV announcer is talking over it, so that sucks.

In addition, there are those Portuguese subtitles translating Bono's holy lyrics at the bottom of the screen, which is pretty annoying. I don't know why these overactive producers have to always interfere with U2 concerts, just point your cameras toward the stage and get the hell out of the way.

Also, there is a small logo of the TV channel in the upper left corner of the screen for the entire show... another idiotic decision by some exec down there. One does get used to it after awhile, though, kind of like how one gets used to a toothache after a few days.

These are small criticisms, however. At least U2 chose to broadcast one their Leg 4 shows live on TV. It's a wonder why they don't do it for all their shows and put them all on Pay-Per-View at $10 a pop. I guess it's not economically viable, otherwise somebody would have done it by now.

Last edited:
trabantland said:
With 1600+ posts you'd think you would've learnt by now where to get the dvd for free and not buy it from Ebay...

poor bugger

Thanks for your input knobhead :)

Your comment had no relevance to what was being talked about at all. Did you ever consider I may not be able to d/l entire shows because of my computer? Maybe I only post from my work computer and cant download. Maybe Im richer than you and $20 doesnt matter at all to me.

You're new here, learn to respect people before you post, okay? It should be something a person should already know but hey, maturity comes to one eventually.

Hmmm. I can't seem to find any mention of me referring to you downloading material. However, I do know of numerous people in your vicinity who would be able to offer you a B&P or trade for what you're looking for. Please refrain from making any further assumptions and in future a little more research may help you get a lot more for a lot less hassle.

I also hope the Sao Paulo dvd you're getting comes in a case with nice artwork ...

Back
Top Bottom