S.O.L. for the Vertigo Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawk269

Acrobat
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the following parties responsible for both me and my fiancee being ticketless for the coming Vertigo Tour.

In no specific order, U2.con, Ticketbastard, ClearChannel, the wonderful scalpers and moochers (including those great souls at Ticketsnow.com who are *kind* enough to offer U2.con fan club members a $40 discount on $2,000 U2 tickets) who have shown how ugly pure unrestrained capitalism can be, Sebastian Clayton (somebody call the Donald to dismiss him) , and, of course, U2 themselves for not caring enough about their fans to secure an appropriate number of fan club only tickets in the locations that were desired.

Before I continue, let me show you this wonderful response I received tonight from Ticketbastard sent after 10 PM on January 31st:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: customersupport@ticketmaster.com <customersupport@ticketmaster.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:38:02 -0800 <-- Sent at 10:38 PM on 1/31!
Subject: RE: U2.com Pre-sale
To: xxxx@gmail.com

Thank you for contacting us regarding U2 scheduled at Madison Square Garden. Currently, there are no seats remaining for this event in the pre-sale, however, you may buy tickets when the event goes onsale for general public on Monday, January 31, 2005, at 9:00 a.m. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

If you have any further questions, please reply and include all previous correspondence.
----------------------------------------------

Really? No seats, eh? You don't say...I never noticed that at 9:01 AM when the hit storm prevented me from getting past the first screen.
Notice that she was telling me to participate in the general ticket sale over 13 hours after it was sold out. Now that's great service.

And U2.con is offering me my money back! Well thanks - should I use that money to buy some tickets off of a scalper at 400% mark up? The fact that they are offering my money back does little to mollify my complaints. And why do I speak to Dave Matthews and Pearl Jam fans, and find out that their favorite band's ticketing system is seamless and precise?

All of you with tickets might feel better now about things, but it does not change what went on and I will not let this go until a band member comes out and apologizes. U2.com is not a real person. That's just not good enough.

AJ

I requested MSG tickets too when responding to that email. But when I thought about it more I sent them another email saying I would also take any tickets, 2nd on the list was Philly. I got a call back a couple hours later and bought 2 GA's for Philly just like that. Driving 2 hours down I-95 to Philly is not that big of a deal and is better than paying scalper prices.

I am a member of the Ten Club (Pearl Jams fan club) and yes it is better but its been established for a long time.

Hawk269 said:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the following parties responsible for both me and my fiancee being ticketless for the coming Vertigo Tour.

In no specific order, U2.con, Ticketbastard, ClearChannel, the wonderful scalpers and moochers (including those great souls at Ticketsnow.com who are *kind* enough to offer U2.con fan club members a $40 discount on $2,000 U2 tickets) who have shown how ugly pure unrestrained capitalism can be, Sebastian Clayton (somebody call the Donald to dismiss him) , and, of course, U2 themselves for not caring enough about their fans to secure an appropriate number of fan club only tickets in the locations that were desired.

Before I continue, let me show you this wonderful response I received tonight from Ticketbastard sent after 10 PM on January 31st:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: customersupport@ticketmaster.com <customersupport@ticketmaster.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:38:02 -0800 <-- Sent at 10:38 PM on 1/31!
Subject: RE: U2.com Pre-sale
To: xxxx@gmail.com

Thank you for contacting us regarding U2 scheduled at Madison Square Garden. Currently, there are no seats remaining for this event in the pre-sale, however, you may buy tickets when the event goes onsale for general public on Monday, January 31, 2005, at 9:00 a.m. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

If you have any further questions, please reply and include all previous correspondence.
----------------------------------------------

Really? No seats, eh? You don't say...I never noticed that at 9:01 AM when the hit storm prevented me from getting past the first screen.
Notice that she was telling me to participate in the general ticket sale over 13 hours after it was sold out. Now that's great service.

And U2.con is offering me my money back! Well thanks - should I use that money to buy some tickets off of a scalper at 400% mark up? The fact that they are offering my money back does little to mollify my complaints. And why do I speak to Dave Matthews and Pearl Jam fans, and find out that their favorite band's ticketing system is seamless and precise?

All of you with tickets might feel better now about things, but it does not change what went on and I will not let this go until a band member comes out and apologizes. U2.com is not a real person. That's just not good enough.

AJ

Larry Mullen JR- I think hes talking to you

Back
Top Bottom