Pyrotechnics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:
So what do you think about Pink Floyd shows that use lasers?

I'm not a Pink Floyd fan, so I don't really have an opinion about their shows. To be honest I think U2 did well on the Elevation tour when they stripped things down and put the music back in the center of the show. If they started using lasers, fireworks, explosions and so on....I'm not sure I would appreciate it. These guys should much rather concentrate on learning to play some more of their own songs than on fireworks and lasers.

U2Man said:

I'm not a Pink Floyd fan, so I don't really have an opinion about their shows. To be honest I think U2 did well on the Elevation tour when they stripped things down and put the music back in the center of the show. If they started using lasers, fireworks, explosions and so on....I'm not sure I would appreciate it. These guys should much rather concentrate on learning to play some more of their own songs than on fireworks and lasers.

Well I agree too much lasers/fireworks and all that crap would be too cheesy. But it could be nice if they explored some creative production ideas that they havent done before. I think that is something that is lacking from this tour.

i hope ouizy posts in this thread :drool:

Last edited:
P8827.jpg

Chizip said:
:edge: Hey Bono, what do you think about some red lasers shooting out into the crowd during my Bullet solo

:bono: Don't be silly the Edge, that's over the top and cheesy

:edge: Hmm, well how about we ride around in a huge lemon shapped mirrorball?

:bono: Brilliant!!!

:lmao:

Chizip, try to put one from Pulse era... :)

Pink Floyd shows were fantastic and it would be great to see U2 doing shows with lasers. I'm not even mentioning explosions... just lasers. That would be great.

tommycharles said:

Really? Looks a lot like pulse to me...

Well I got the picture from wikipedia and the caption under the picture was "1987 World Tour," it could be wrong

just thinking about what they could do with lasers during Miracle Drug gives me chills, or how about during Streets, oh man :drool:

Well, that sinches it then. U2 can not use either flames or lasers because then they would then be copying Coldplay and people would get upset and have pissy-fits about it.

:wink:

Chizip said:
:edge: Hey Bono, what do you think about some red lasers shooting out into the crowd during my Bullet solo

:bono: Don't be silly the Edge, that's over the top and cheesy

:edge: Hmm, well how about we ride around in a huge lemon shapped mirrorball?

:bono: Brilliant!!!

:lmao:

:up:

I'd love U2 to walk out and play on an empty stage. Bugger all the fancy shit, they just come out and play some tunes.

But just when you lot are starting to get annoyed about the lack of technology, smoke rises, shrouds the stage so none of you can see it, and as it dissipates, you begin to catch sight of an awesome set made entirely from lasers and other such lights.

Then it vanishes at the end of the main set and reappears in completely different form as U2 charge out for the first encore. It vanishes for good at the end of the first encore and the second is played on the bare stage.

Thus, the start and finish of the show are on an empty stage, allowing for a lot of setlist variety and spontaneity at both ends of the show, leading into a hyped up U2 feeding off a hyped up crowd during the part of the show when U2's sets would be more stagnant due to the restrictions (they seem to perceive) technology creates.

Well, I like it. :drool:

I don't think it's really necessary for U2 to use lasers and fire, but whatever. I'm sure if they did do it, it would rule.

nobody reads this

At least, for City Of Blinding Lights in Europe they could've used some fireworks.. those are really blinding lights...

or maybe they're saving them for Electrical Storm :hyper:

There was an INXS concert on the telly the other night and the fireworks looked ridiculous..

Quite happy to see them use the latest technology though, lasers might work I suppose.

A little explosion when the concert begins
Exp1.gif

And a little explosion at the end of the show
Finalexp.jpg

yimou said:
A little explosion when the concert begins
Exp1.gif

And a little explosion at the end of the show
Finalexp.jpg

:hmm:

I'm gonna sell my tickets and move to the Southern Hemisphere.

i think this lasers/smoke/firecrackers is totally a guy thing. :tsk:

oops, i think i meant fireworks :laugh:

male fans are probably the whole reason the Pop tour happened--and in fact, Bono said they were even thinking of naming the album Pop for Men. :rolleyes:

Really ?, I did not know about the Pop for men bit :hmm:

Well thank god for men, if we are the reason why PopMart ended up the way it did :up: ... Men = woohoo

Back
Top Bottom