Pre-sale codes on ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This seems like one big scam. Look at the other items that seller is auctioning (recipes), look at some of the feedback the seller got. More precisely, look for which items feedback was given. It is one big network of positive feedback for $0.01 recipes. So it looks like it is a very reliable seller, while he hasn't sold a real thing yet, but only got positive feedback through some backslapping network.
:madspit:

They've only been a member since yesterday and have positive feedback dated tomorrow.

That's really weird.

but do check back once the presales are over, because even when they don't have the tickets yet, Ebay will have tons of brokers offering them. I hate to think of the "price range" U2 tickets will go for this time from brokers. Josh Groban's 3rd, 2nd, 4th rows in Vegas, the brokers are selling for $1k a tkt.

But the 23rd is tomorrow. Well, it isn't for me anymore (as it is 1:48 AM here), but for those in the USA it is. So when you have:
Buyer nyctkts ( 1801Feedback score is 1,000 to 4,999) 23-Jan-05 09:59
where nyctkts (hey, doesn't that translate to something like New York City Tickets) has as profile:

Then something fishy is going on...
:eyebrow:

Zootomic said:

The 22nd is today. :)

Maybe it's the way I'm setup I'm ebay (or I've lost it with this whole presale thing) but I see Member Since January 21. 2005 (yesterday) and Positive Feedback dated January 23, 2005, (tomorrow). And yes today is the 22nd, ( I think) :huh:

Actually its on the Australian ebay site. I have a code too but I dont know if its any use. Will they release new codes later when the Australian tour dates are announced? If so then the code I have for this North American and Euro announcement is of no use to me and I could technically give the code away. I won't cause I'm paranoid it will be the same code needed for the Australian dates.

This sale isnt as dumb as it looks.

ramblin rose said:

Maybe it's the way I'm setup I'm ebay (or I've lost it with this whole presale thing) but I see Member Since January 21. 2005 (yesterday) and Positive Feedback dated January 23, 2005, (tomorrow). And yes today is the 22nd, ( I think) :huh:

Thats an Australian link. Its Sunday the 23rd here.

beli said:
Actually its on the Australian ebay site. I have a code too but I dont know if its any use. Will they release new codes later when the Australian tour dates are announced? If so then the code I have for this North American and Euro announcement is of no use to me and I could technically give the code away. I won't cause I'm paranoid it will be the same code needed for the Australian dates.

This sale isnt as dumb as it looks.

Wow, thank God you cleared that up. I thought I was going nuts.

ramblin rose said:

I see member since January 20, 2005 and feedback dated the 21st and 22nd. Must just be different preference settings.

ops sorry. I can see whats happened. Because BonoMan is Australian he has been looking at Australian ebay (as you would expect). The link is to the Australian ebay but the seller is Canadian and he/shes listed worldwide. Please ignore all of my posts in this thread. :crazy:

Okay, now that we've cleared all this up.

Why would this person pay $40 dollars for a U2.com membership and then sell their presale code and not even set a reserve?

Seems very stupid.

Unless of course they only joined for the exclusive videos and access to the member section of Zootopia.:|

Maybe. I dont know. Its not a risk Im personally prepared to take.

The auction closes after the cut off of Monday night for new subscriptions at u2.com. Perhaps this person is trying to catch the audience of people who go to buy tickets on Tuesday, dont have a code, and the bidding goes through the roof.

Maybe, perhaps. Im just guessing and Im still stunned at how badly I interpreted this thread initally. Man this thread contains my dumbest posts ever :slant:

Back
Top Bottom