Oots??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JHunt121

Babyface
I was really hoping they would have "species" in the setlist. I realize its only one the 3rd show (and they shook up the setlist yet again) and theres plenty of time for it to appear, but am I the only one disappointed by its absence? Its one of the best songs off of HTDAAB in my opinion. However the first shows are amazing (thanks to the people on here I can listen). Gotta wait til May for my turn to see them ;-)

As u say yourself - plenty of time for it to appear, so no point being disappointed just yet.
I reckon it'll crop up sometime during this 1st leg.

The song doesn't really stand out to be so I don't really care if it's included or not.

That said, I would be surprised that it's not there if it weren't for the fact that it just plain didn't work well on the promo tour. U2 shouldn't play it until they can actually pull it off. Remember, Kite wasn't played for almost the first month of Elevation and then was introduced and became a highlight, so maybe that will happen with OOTS.

very true Axver, in fact I didn't care for Kite until I heard it live. I didn't hear it on the promo tour (though I wish I did) but I'll take your word for it. I agree with you though, I don't want them to play it (or any song) unless they "have it."

Axver said:
The song doesn't really stand out to be so I don't really care if it's included or not.

That said, I would be surprised that it's not there if it weren't for the fact that it just plain didn't work well on the promo tour. U2 shouldn't play it until they can actually pull it off. Remember, Kite wasn't played for almost the first month of Elevation and then was introduced and became a highlight, so maybe that will happen with OOTS.

Hmmm, 3 weeks ago you were sooo sure they would play it... Well, I´m sure that it will show up--> acoustic

whasjoewahn said:

Hmmm, 3 weeks ago you were sooo sure they would play it... Well, I´m sure that it will show up--> acoustic

I was pretty confident, as it had been played on the promo tour, but then they didn't rehearse it in either Vancouver or LA. Seems baffling to me, as Bono has mentioned it as being a single candidate, but I guess that because it didn't work so well on the promo tour, they want to give it more time. I hope they haven't given up on it, as despite the fact it doesn't stand out as exceptional to me, it seems popular and would go down a treat live.

during the iPod performance, at the bridge, right before Bono began to sing the 'do do's, he said "this is the part where it becomes a hit"

discothequeLP said:
during the iPod performance, at the bridge, right before Bono began to sing the 'do do's, he said "this is the part where it becomes a hit"

He's right there! It's my favourite part... to me he sounds young and fresh again just in that part... tears me up...

I'm sure they will play it sometime, I have a feeling they are gonna mix up these setlists all through the tour... expect the unexpected...

Last edited:
Well Bono said he expects Sometimes and Original to be the biggest hits, and it was played on the promo tour so it will show up sometime.
They probably just need to figure out how to play it. Brooklyn, compared to Apple performance, was a step in the right direction IMO. Keep the piano and get Edge to play guitar.

I agree- I think it will show up eventually. Bono and Edge both spoke about loving that song, and I think with a little practice they can make it a very moving performance.

actually, in a little while was played from the get go on elevation. also, OOTS is talked about in the tour program. you wouldn't think they would do that if they were never going to play it.

james

James U2 said:
actually, in a little while was played from the get go on elevation. also, OOTS is talked about in the tour program. you wouldn't think they would do that if they were never going to play it.

james

Nope. Unfortunately it looks like my favorite song from the album, Crumbs, will be the odd one out. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom