North American 3rd Leg, Fall 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
does any one know the numbers of POPMART at Winnipeg Stadium?

U2 PLAY THE MTS CENTRE IN 2005

thetitans2k said:
does any one know the numbers of POPMART at Winnipeg Stadium?

U2 PLAY THE MTS CENTRE IN 2005

June 12, 1997 : Winnipeg, Man. : Winnipeg Stadium : ATTENDANCE: 42,270 GROSS: $1,653,884 SHOWS: 1 SELLOUTS: 1

shmeedt said:

So where are you getting these figures? By the way, could you get the data for the Lexington, KY, May 4, 2001 show?

are you in Lexington?

Don't know if this has been posted yet but I found this on U2Tours.com...

U2tours.com is hearing tips on several fronts that U2 will announce the 3rd leg of the Vertigo Tour as soon as early March, with ticket sales to follow immediately. One tip, for example, comes from Buffalo, where the word on the street is a November 22nd concert, with tickets going on sale March 19th.

U2Girl1978 said:
U2tours.com is hearing tips on several fronts that U2 will announce the 3rd leg of the Vertigo Tour as soon as early March, with ticket sales to follow immediately. One tip, for example, comes from Buffalo, where the word on the street is a November 22nd concert, with tickets going on sale March 19th.

Seriously?? Wow... Why so early? :ohmy:

Nerfherder said:

Seriously?? Wow... Why so early? :ohmy:

Maybe they want to make happy the people who couldnt get tickets for this leg before the tour starts, and make them forget about all the ticket fiasco.

Also by having ticket sales this early they are able to start earning interest on the money. It sounds like this tour is going to be one of their most expensive so it helps to have as much cash on hand as possible. They sold POP tickets extremely early for this same reason.

u2gator

It will be harder to coordinate things with people once school's out, so I really hope they do announce the third leg in March. And the whole cash-on-hand idea makes sense too.

Latest tour rumors...

"U2tours.com is hearing tips on several fronts that U2 will announce the 3rd leg of the Vertigo Tour as soon as early March, with ticket sales to follow immediately. One tip, for example, comes from Buffalo, where the word on the street is a November 22nd concert, with tickets going on sale March 19th."

http://www.u2tours.com/

u sound confident about this :)
anyway i think they should close in miami too.
BOCAGATOR said:
They will close the tour in MIA. However, I am hoping they play Office Depot center for certain reasons.

NoControl said:

No, they wouldn't be able to sell much more than 10,000 tickets in Memphis at an average price of $100 on this year's tour.

And you, in Vancouver, thousands of miles away, know this... how? People here are *dying* for a concert, a big rock concert. Discounting the sad, neverending "farewell" tours of Kiss and Aerosmith, I seriously can't remember the last time we had a big ROCK show here. *Anybody* A-list that showed up would sell out. We're starved for concerts, and a lot of us still haven't even seen the new FedEx Forum; if you don't like basketball, Usher, Jay-Z or Alan Jackson, you haven't been there yet, cause that's literally all that's been in the new arena since September. A U2 concert here would sell out in an hour, easy.

C.

slapshot said:

And you, in Vancouver, thousands of miles away, know this... how? People here are *dying* for a concert, a big rock concert. Discounting the sad, neverending "farewell" tours of Kiss and Aerosmith, I seriously can't remember the last time we had a big ROCK show here. *Anybody* A-list that showed up would sell out. We're starved for concerts, and a lot of us still haven't even seen the new FedEx Forum; if you don't like basketball, Usher, Jay-Z or Alan Jackson, you haven't been there yet, cause that's literally all that's been in the new arena since September. A U2 concert here would sell out in an hour, easy.
C.

It's simple mathematics combined with the fact that the Midwest is a weak U2 market in general, considering the prices they've been charging for the past couple of tours. Don't look for them in Tennessee ever again...

The rumor on Montreal radio stations in late November for U2 to play here, and it is looking like it'll be 2 dates.

NoControl said:

It's simple mathematics combined with the fact that the Midwest is a weak U2 market in general, considering the prices they've been charging for the past couple of tours. Don't look for them in Tennessee ever again...

You do sound like a smarmy know-it-all. They will tour the midwest to some degree this fall.. Not sure how much, but they will come.

U2 are more popular now than they were when the Elevation tour was going on. That is because they were still in the process of proving themselves on that tour. Now, 4 years later, they are considered by everyone to be the best band in the world. They could sell out shows in Minneapolis and Milwaukee easily. Cleveland and Indianapolis could sell out a show if you take away the saturation that Columbus and Lexington gave to the midwest on the Elevation tour. They could sell out a show in Nashville. They could also sell out St. Louis, if there was no Kansas City show. Basically if they put the tickets on sale in March, that gives them about 6-7 months to sell out the concerts. U2 could sell out any show in that amount of time.

In the age of the Bomb, U2 can sellout a rink anywhere on the map. All this talk about a weaker mid-west market is a load of crap. First of, these supposed educated guesses are being made with Elevation numbers. The only thing I can care to bring up is the fact that first week sales of the Bomb in NA outsold All That...'s first week sales by more than 2-1. The "in" factor is to overwhelming to deny before this tour even starts. The demand for U2 tickets is incredible.

how hard do you guys think it will be to get GAs in Miami when the tickets go on sale? I just convinced my sister to get them with me so I am PRAYING that they are not that hard to get.

I said the Midwest in general is a weak market for U2. I'm fully aware of the fact that Chicago has 4 sold out shows. But that's one of the exceptions, so is Denver. Do you think it's a coincidence that they've only scheduled these two markets in the Midwest so far? And I didn't say they wouldn't tour this area this year, because they will.

If you look at the recent Billboard article where it was stated that from 28 North American shows on the first leg of the Vertigo tour, U2 grossed $47 million dollars from 470,000 tickets sold, it doesn't appear that U2 will be utilizing the full 360 end stage configuration that they did with the vast majority of shows on the Elevation tour. It appears that they'll be selling between 1-2,000 less tickets in each venue on average than in 2001. Now, this makes perfect sense since the average North American ticket price for the Vertigo tour is $100 (just like I predicted back in September 2004) - which is roughly 10-20% higher (excluding inflation) than the average ticket price on the North American legs of the Elevation tour.

Sanchez said:
They HAVE to come back to Edmonton!!!

Logistically, it wouldn't make sense for U2 to do both Calgary and Edmonton. They are going to either on or the other and do 2 shows. Instead of incurring massive equipment moving/setup expenses, it makes more sense to stay at the same location and let the fans do the 3hr drive.

Just SOMEWHERE in Alberta. I don't really care - even Red Deer!

Right Booster??? :wink:

St. Louis radio station K-SHE 95 is reporting that U2 will perform in St. Louis in December. I hope I wasn't having a audio hallucination. :)

right there with u on that one...

prisz25 said:
how hard do you guys think it will be to get GAs in Miami when the tickets go on sale? I just convinced my sister to get them with me so I am PRAYING that they are not that hard to get.

msbarb said:
St. Louis radio station K-SHE 95 is reporting that U2 will perform in St. Louis in December. I hope I wasn't having a audio hallucination. :)

I hope you WERE hallucinating - at least the part about the date. If they wait until December to come to the Midwest there's always a chance of a huge snowstorm mucking everything up. A lot of people are going to be driving two, three, four and even five hours to attend shows - especially if they don't do very many in that region. I for one don't relish the thought of doing it in a blizzard. And then there's the cold, cold wait in line if you are in GA. Why can't they cover the Midwest early in the fall and go hit the warmer weather regions in December?

Bono's shades said:

I hope you WERE hallucinating - at least the part about the date. If they wait until December to come to the Midwest there's always a chance of a huge snowstorm mucking everything up. A lot of people are going to be driving two, three, four and even five hours to attend shows - especially if they don't do very many in that region. I for one don't relish the thought of doing it in a blizzard. And then there's the cold, cold wait in line if you are in GA. Why can't they cover the Midwest early in the fall and go hit the warmer weather regions in December?

Aint no more snow storms around here. Global warming took care of that.

Back
Top Bottom