No More U2.com perks for future tours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So, I just signed on to finally bite the bullet and join U2.com, thinking that even if I don't get any use of it for this tour, it may come in handy in the future. Alack! I get to the bottom of the sign-up page and, lo and behold!, I see something like this:

"I understand that by joining U2.com, I will no longer receive an access code for future concert presales."

Eh????????? Does this mean that there will be no presales for ANY future concerts if you haven't already joined U2.com?? Will the only tangible benefit of joining now be a mere 25% off a single t-shirt? Ah, lest I forget the shnazzy "credit card-sized keychain!" :drool:

Anyone know?

...but you get so much exclusive online content.:rolleyes:

I would imagine that this means no access codes for this tour, not future ones, but who knows with all the problems on this one. Hey look at it this way, if you are going to any shows that didn't have a presale, you can print off your profile and you can get in the u2.com line.

I think they threw that up there between the 1/2 leg presales and before the 3rd leg one, so that people would be unable to flood that one like the first set.

Shutting down fan club pre-sale access makes sense to me -- hard to keep people happy if they pay $40 for a key chain, t-shirt, and a 1 in 200 chance at tickets versus a 1 in 2000 chance... not much of a difference IMO.

Back
Top Bottom