MERGED-->Will it be GA or seated + General admission

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
Will it be GA or seated

I like the idea of Elevation and how it was GA on the floor and there were some seats. Do you think that it will be GA again or will it be seated on the floor? What do you prefer?

We (Interference.com) have been told that GA is currently being discussed for the new tour.

I love GA. I don't mind standing the whole time.. I have to be up front at concerts anyway. :)

I personally love the idea of General Admission. It gives everyone a fair chance at very good 'seats', and you don't have to worry about people telling you to sit down.
Also, when its not GA, the best seats seem to be on-sale at other ticket sites, and ebay, before the show is officially onsale, and they are priced 2 or 3 times above the actual price.

Last edited:
HelloAngel said:
We (Interference.com) have been told that GA is currently being discussed for the new tour.

I love GA. I don't mind standing the whole time.. I have to be up front at concerts anyway. :)

I never sit at a concert so I do not mind not having a seat and part of what made the Vancouver show so special was waiting with fans outside the venue for a good spot and meeting new friends.

GA, by the sounds of it, is great, and I hope they use it again this tour. As long as I have a good chance of being up close so I can actually see something, I'll be happy. Stupid bad vision ...

isabelle_guns said:

I never sit at a concert so I do not mind not having a seat and part of what made the Vancouver show so special was waiting with fans outside the venue for a good spot and meeting new friends.

Exactly. U2 fans are always fun to "camp out" with for hours. In Las Vegas in 2001 a bunch of us got in line at 8am and sat there for 10 hours!! One of the best days/nights of my life. Good times! :heart:

I hope it's GA again so I can get on the floor which I never did last time, I had seats that were not bad but nothing like the heart. I didn't have tickets through Propoganda and tried thru the internet presale and I can't believe the best i could get with in seconds of the presale opening were kind of up there. I still could see pretty good and nothing compared to the bad seats i've had at BC Place for PopMart and Zootv. (I had good seats at one Zootv show at the old PNE but the BC Place one was bad, they looked like little ants running around) If I can only go to one show this time I will save enough money to buy scalped tix if I have to.

Last edited:
Everyone thinks it should be GA, seated is awful. If you want seats, then buy them in the stands. People that want to be close should be standing, the GA setup brings more life to the concerts. Plus, I was in the nosebleeds for my first u2 concert and I didnt sit down once. Does anyone sit down at a u2 concert, unless you need a moment to yourself to think about what you're witnessing?

Once you get GA tickets, you'll never go back to seats.

At least I won't.

So true, once you do GA it is very hard to go back to seats. I had seats for the first Elevation show in Anaheim and after that I went GA all the way with good results being either on the barricade or at least 3 rows back with a great look at the band!! I'm looking foward to the chance of doing GA next year!:)

I am pretty certain when I say it is much too early for anyone to know just yet.

I'm new to this whole concert thing b/c I've been saving my first concert so it can be a U2 one-on this tour. Are GA tickets cheaper than seated tickets? Do you have to wait in line that day to get the tickets themselves, or do you order GA ahead of time and just wait to get a good spot? Explain this please, this is all new to me. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom