MERGED->U2 Conference Today in Nice + (Conference Today!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2dork said:

I was thinking along the lines of tour/album news. They are sooo not going to split. It kinda bugs me when people talk about this. I don't think they really ever will officially split because they don't have to. Sure, they'll slow down and not tour as much, but there is no reason for an official split.

Ok, sorry then....:wink:

Queen Bee said:

Spill your sources :drool:

Well, let's see...
There's
*u2eastlink
*u2france
*u2achtung
*u2tour.de
*u2place

I'm sure there's others but anything more than 6-7 windows open at one time is a sign of sickness, isn't it?

U2dork said:

Well, let's see...
There's
*u2eastlink
*u2france
*u2achtung
*u2tour.de
*u2place

I'm sure there's others but anything more than 6-7 windows open at one time is a sign of sickness, isn't it?

:hmm:

A mod on U2achtung has posted this...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Universal vient de nous envoyer l'information suivante :

Universal a écrit:
U2 ne fera pas de conférence de presse aujourd'hui à Nice. Nous démentissons formellement cette info.

Which translates as:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- . Universal has just sent us following information:

Universal wrote: U2 will not do press conference today to Nice. We definitely deny this info.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

I think U2Achtung.com just took the news down. What was the original source?

U2 en 2006 : Océanie, Amérique du Sud et Europe?

• Fin juin, lors d'une interview diffusée sur la chaîne de télévision bresilienne de U2 et de leur manager Paul McGuinness, on avait pu entendre Bono dire qu'il aimerait faire venir le Vertigo Tour en Amérique du Sud. Et Paul McGuinness avait émis l'idée d'une diffusion télévisée depuis un endroit où jamais personne n'avais fait de concert et il demanda au journaliste bresilien si quelqu'un avait déjà installé une scène... sur la mer.

• Hier, le Jornal de Commercio a publié un petit article montrant la rencontre entre Bono et le Ministre de la Culture bresilien (et chanteur) Gilberto Gil. Il y etait mentionné que Bono a dit au ministre que U2 viendra jouer au Bresil en 2006 après que le groupe soit passé en Europe. Il a d'ailleurs invité Gilberto Gil à les rejoindre du scène. Merci atu2.com.

• Et voici une indiscretion entendue sur le Vertigo Tour aujourd'hui : en se promenant dans Copenhague, l'un de nos reporters a rencontré 2 techniciens du Vertigo Tour qui lui ont conseillé de commencer à économiser.

Les techniciens qui travaillent sur le Vertigo Tour sont engagés par le promoteur de la tournée sur contrat (= une tournée).
Et récemment, le promoteur leur a proposé un nouveau contrat pour une nouvelle tournée européenne de U2 l'été prochain pour 54 dates en salle.

• L'industrie musicale australienne rapporte au journal américain The Dominion Post que U2 pense sérieusement jouer en Nouvelle Zélande au début de l'année prochaine une fois que les dates australiennes seront confirmées.

U2 continue sa tournée européenne jusqu'à la fin du moi d'août, ensuite le groupe ira aux Etats-Unis pour le reste de la tournée. Ils prévoient de jouer au Japon et en Australie en janvier et en février. Et selon certaines sources du milieu musical, ils auraient dans l'optique de jouer à Wellington, en Nouvelle-Zélande par la suite.

Certaines sources révélent que U2 ont préferé jouer les concerts de cette tournée en salle, et c'est ce qui les pousserait à choisir le Events Centre, la plus grande dalle de spectacle de Wellington.

Du coté de la salle et des promoteurs locaux, on dit ne rien savoir au sujet de la venue de U2 en Nouvelle-Zélande.

ARGH WHAT DOES THIS MEAN I DONT UNDERSTAND

U2 in 2006: Oceania, South America and Europe? • at the end of June, during an interview diffused on the chain of television bresilienne of U2 and to manage Paul McGuinness to them, one had been able to intend Bono to say that he would like to make come Vertigo Tour to South America And Paul McGuinness had put forward the idea of a diffusion televised from a place where never nobody had made concert and he asked the journalist bresilien if somebody had already installed a scene... on the sea. • Yesterday, Jornal de Commercio published a small article showing the meeting between Bono and the Minister for the Culture bresilien (and singer) Gilberto Gil. It was mentioned there that Bono said to the minister whom U2 will come to play in Brazil in 2006 after the group passed to Europe. It invited Gilberto Gil besides to join them scene. Thank you atu2.com. • And here a indiscretion heard on Vertigo Turn today: while walking in Copenhagen, one of our reporters met 2 technicians of Vertigo Tour who advised to him to start to save. The technicians who work on Vertigo Tour are engaged by the promoter of the round on contract (= a round). And recently, the promoter their proposed a new contract for a new European round of U2 the next summer for 54 dates in room. • Australian musical industry reports to the American newspaper The Dominion Post that U2 seriously thinks of playing in Zealand News at the beginning of the next year once that the Australian dates will be confirmed. U2 continues its European round until the end of ego of August, then the group will go to the United States for the remainder of the round. They envisage to play in Japan and in Australia in January and February. And according to certain sources of the musical medium, they would have in optics to play Wellington, in New Zealand thereafter. Certain sources révélent that U2 préferé to play the concerts of this round in room, and it is what would push them to choose the Vents Centers, the largest flagstone of spectacle of Wellington. The with dimensions one of the local room and promoters, one says anything to know about the arrival U2 in New Zealand.

Not meaning to keep the smoke going but why would the french version of AP make a comment about a press conference based on a rumor at a fan site? :scratch:

I think Kelly copied and pasted from the U2achtung forum. I don't think they gave a link to the article so perhaps it's a fake?

So much for any excitement today.

Back to regular programming. :|

So who thinks they'll play Vertigo twice in Munich tomorrow? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom