MERGED --> Song Before U2 Comes On Stage MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Again, The Arcade Fire put out an amazing album called Funeral in 2004. I really recommend everyone here to pick up a copy. :drool: :drool:

songs before EVERYONE

do you know what songs they play before EVERYONE? i remember there's Coldplay and Killers, but cant remember the exact songs.

another couple... Rebel Rebel, David Bowie... 5:15, The Who, when you hear those two you know they're getting close to coming out....

In addition to The Arcade Fire - Wake UP, they also played Interpol and The Killers - at least at the Arizona shows.

the killers song is mr brightside

they also play modest mouse's float on

there is also an rem song, i dont know the name of it though

they cut out a few of the songs at glendale 2 which was nice

Boozyuzi said:
At Popmart In Edinburgh they played I Am The Resurrection by The Stone Roses just before they came on.

That was rather good.:wink:

ledgendary!

Love the new Coldplay song by the way.. have y'all heard it?

Boozyuzi said:
At Popmart In Edinburgh they played I Am The Resurrection by The Stone Roses just before they came on.

That was rather good.:wink:
This would go down rather well at the Manchester shows,so if anybody from the u2 camp is reading this please please please play This wonderful song again

Here are a few songs that were played before the "Everyeone":

Interpol - Obstacle 1
REM - Leaving New York
David Bowie - Rebel Rebel
Modest Mouse - Float On
Coldplay - Clocks (was played at San Jose I, but not San Jose II)
Arcade Fire - Wake Up

Cheers,
-Cyril

sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but what is the deal with the

"EVERYONE.... EVERYONE... EV--ERY-ONE!!!!"

before the opening song?

Is it from a movie? From a song? It sounds like MacPhisto or something?

I figure that I am totally missing something obvious and I don't want to be an idiot!!

maybe I am not missing something obvious...

Any thoughts on the significance of the

"EVERYONE!!!"

before the show starts?

For some reason it reminds me of the
"all of this... all of this can be yours" from Vertigo,
but I have no idea why!

The Song Before U2 takes the stage?

Maybe I already missed this discussion, but what is that?

It's the "Ahhhhh ahhhhhh" thing. It's cool. Gets me pumped up. Or maybe it's just the fact that U2 is seconds from taking the stage, but either way I'd like to find it.

Thanks

Re: The Song Before U2 takes the stage?

TheFly7 said:
Maybe I already missed this discussion, but what is that?

It's the "Ahhhhh ahhhhhh" thing. It's cool. Gets me pumped up. Or maybe it's just the fact that U2 is seconds from taking the stage, but either way I'd like to find it.

Thanks

It's by Arcade Fire, I believe it's called Wake Up, the band name is correct.

Yes, it's 'Wake Up' by Arcade Fire. It's on their album 'Funeral', which is absolutely phenomenal. Every single song is amazing, 'Wake Up' is not even the best one. I strongly advice anyone here that does not know this band yet to go buy their album right now. I cannot overstate how good it is, I just bought it this week and I can't stop listening to it (that doesn't happen to me very often).

Back
Top Bottom