MERGED --> GA or Seats + GA vs. reserved seats???????(help) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2005, 03:02 PM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
I went to an Elevation show with my parents. We had to drive 2 hours to get to the venue, plus it wouldn't have been possible for us to get there too early because of their jobs. Therefore, queuing up in GA lines wouldn't have been an option...so who knows where we would have been stuck standing? We liked having seats...there was no rush to get there, and it's nice to have a guaranteed spot waiting for you.

Also, this might sound weird to some people, but I stress over everything and am prone to panic attacks...I think that going the GA route would be way too stressful for me. I'd rather be farther away with a specific spot.
I'm a seat person too

Plus, at the Tampa show for elevation, everyone stood anyway, so it still felt like there was great energy at the show

(But I have been to shows for other groups where I want to stand and everyone else sits, that does suck )

Old 01-24-2005, 03:02 PM   #22
The Fly

Local Time: 02:50 PM
AAACCCCKKK I can't make up my mind!!!!!! GA or seats, GA or seats, GA or seats?
I hate waiting in lines and seas of people, but i want to stand up (and jump and dance) and be able to see and hear (I have a membership so i'll be able (hopefully) to get good seats). UUGGHH why such a hard decision?????

Old 01-24-2005, 03:10 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:50 PM
I had to make certain adjustments in 2001, but I was able to have two enjoyable experiences in Atlanta, and I'm taking a bit of a "leap of faith" in hoping for an Atlanta third leg date *or* just counting my blessings for having been able to see U2 four times when there are plenty of people who have never gotten to see them. I went the GA route the first time and absolutely did not regret it. It was an incredible experience. I wasn't able to get GA the second time because there wasn't a presale and I had to get nosebleed tickets because I was dealing with Ticketmaster, or as some of us call it Ticketbastard. This time things are a bit different as I've got arthritic knees now and I'm afraid that trying certain things that worked four years ago just won't work now. I want to have an enjoyable experience, otherwise I might as well not have an experience at all.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:28 PM   #24
The Fly

Local Time: 04:50 PM
Can I buy two presale GA tickets and two not presale GA tix and still be standing together???
Old 01-24-2005, 03:43 PM   #25
Refugee

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the GA Line experience. Most of my memories from the last tour were from the lines. I still have probably 20 people I keep in contact with that I met in line. Hell, I met my future wife in line.

GA is where it is at, regardless of size, stature, experience, or age. Just don't take my ticket! See you in the bullseye!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:45 PM   #26
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by PrideOfU2
Can I buy two presale GA tickets and two not presale GA tix and still be standing together???
What??

The ticket has nothing that signifies where you must stand. If you want to stand together, you get to the venue at the same time, get in line together and stay put during the show.

GA is that. You walk in...and there is the floor. Nothing else. Stake your claim.

Just don't be the asshole holding onto 11 feet of rail saying "I'm saving this for my brother who is running late".
Old 01-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #27
The Fly

Quote:
[i]Just don't be the asshole holding onto 11 feet of rail saying "I'm saving this for my brother who is running late". [/B]
HAHAHAHA!!! Thanks! I'm a first timer and am quite clueless... Dont ya love it!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:53 PM   #28
New Yorker

Is it possible to be in the back work your way to the catwalk during the show? Like, if I just wanted a few minutes up close with Bono? I like to wonder during shows. I only need a little rale time. Also, is the view from the middle and back still okay for someone 5' 8"? I saw kiss and aerosmith front row once and it was amazing on the catwalk. I've sense U2 more than once, but with seats. I want GA. I will not wait in line for hours either.... Just want to know if this is route to go.

SMB
Old 01-24-2005, 03:56 PM   #29
Refugee

GA hands down!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:59 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by one4u2

Thank you for the last sentance my mind has been made up!

ok you are not going to get trampled to death... I am only 5ft and was inside the heart twice and did not get anywhere near that. People were courteous and not that aggressive..

One4u2, think about some...There is nothing like the experience of being right there on floor within feet of the boys.! Outer body experience for me and would have it no other way!
Old 01-24-2005, 04:08 PM   #31
The Fly

Local Time: 09:50 PM
No comparison - GA or bust!

Old 01-24-2005, 04:20 PM   #32
War Child

Local Time: 01:50 PM
at $165 a seat, it's far better to do GA, just hope to be in line early, or that they use some kind of a lottery to let people inside. But up front prepare to be bruised, shoved, squished, its not fun, but to touch Bono's foot it is.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:23 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

ok you are not going to get trampled to death... I am only 5ft and was inside the heart twice and did not get anywhere near that. People were courteous and not that aggressive..

One4u2, think about some...There is nothing like the experience of being right there on floor within feet of the boys.! Outer body experience for me and would have it no other way!
YES! SHORT PEOPLE RULE! *also only five feet tall*

I want to be close to the band this time. Last concert GA was sold out (dad had to rush to the Ticketmaster after seeing tickets went on sale that morning) so I ended up being in seats, and I could see the band sure, I could easily tell who was who (they weren't just specks or anything), but I was still kinda far away...I used binoculars for half the show to see better (then I could REALLY see the band needless to say I was focused on Bono) I was only 12 at the time so it was prolly best, but now I'm 16 and I want a piece of Bono action (I mean that in the most nonperverted way of course ). I'm already making plans with my best bud to camp out the night before... is that safe in Chicago? Anyone experienced in this?
Old 01-24-2005, 04:26 PM   #34
The Fly

GA is best if you dont have any problems. I'm 5'2 and so are a lot of other people, but I've heard that there is no problem with this at all. Apparently U2 fans are super polite, which makes a buncha sense, and so there's mosh pit pushing and trampoling. If you're okay with sitting through the concert and paying the extra money, then do it. Me, however, I'm gonna blow a freakin anurism at the concert (because I can spell it) and I hafta be able to jump and scream and die all at once. GA all the way!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 04:29 PM   #35
War Child

Local Time: 01:50 PM
Get GA, at $165 a seat it's not worth it. Better to stand anywhere on the floor, and they don't fill the floor wall to wall, at the back if you feel suffocated you can stand and not be squished. A lot of us just stood/leaned on the control thing at the back, it was great, you were still closer than a seat. But it is really fun to be up in the seats and watch the people on the floor, so if you are going to more than one show, be sure to at least take a look from up there at what the show looks like with everybody down there.