MERGED --> Enough Rope interview discussion here + November it is!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
#KIWIMOFO# said:

Yeah, saw these at HMV the other day. Just a cover sleeve though, no?

Incidentally... your name. You like Takk...? Are you going to the concert in April? I am. I saw them in Cologne in November for the 2nd time. Amazing... they had most of the german boys in tears. Looking forward to it again.... they are seriously the new wave of music for me. Amazing.

I'll be there in April, was a little unsure how it would be live, thanks for the reassurance :)

timothius said:

Same bro.

Auckland would've been the one. It still might be, you never know. Hopefully I can still make it back home in November, should be a good time.

Another expat here, where are you at now? :wave:

Sydney - and at the moment, no fixed abode! I was in Newtown but have had to move out and the rental market in Sydney is awful at the moment!

Hehe, picked up my new car from Penrith yesterday - a convertible old skool MG. It only comes with a tape player so I couldnt play the tunes I wanted to. Ended up Nova FM had a 7-in-a-row of U2 for St Paddy's Day as I was driving into the city!!!! What luck! 30 degrees, top down and U2 blaring, at this point I didnt care for the fact that I was homeless... I swear U2 in concert is amazing, but a close second best is cruising down the highway listening to the boys blaring...

Would be nice to see them in Auckland. I still wonder what order they will do it in and if NZ will be first. Why is it that everyone is saying they are storing things in Sydney - wouldnt the gear have been in Auckland? Sydney is closer to the end of the leg of the tour.

muneno kodoo said:

I'll be there in April, was a little unsure how it would be live, thanks for the reassurance :)

Oh boy are you in for a treat! I love the music on the CD, and of course this is where I heard it first - but after seeing them live nothing can compare. The energy from the band is unreal. Jonsi is a very very unstable character I think - you see him channeling his emotions and thoughts before he sings - sometimes he lets out giggles, other times looks like he is about to cry or get angry and then he channels that all into his voice.

Amina, the string band that they tour with are very very good too.

The whole thing will knock your socks off. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom