MERGED--> do u2 seem to play more enthusiastically in NYC than other cities?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've only seen them in Los Angeles and Anaheim, I had bleeders in Anaheim, and Los Angeles, and GA in Los Angeles, 2 Elevation dates, 2 Vertigo dates.

It didn't seem like they were 'off' on the 2 nights in L.A. on the current tour.

LA2 was the first time Adam made a walkabout during "New Year's Day" the crowd went nuts as soon as the song started.

L.A. is the city where "Streets" was filmed, it's not like U2 are some big secret in L.A. ;)

Bono said he and the band love L.A., and that more people live off their imaginations here than anywhere else.

hedge said:

got a problem with Leeds????

No I love Leeds and one of the best shows I ever saw was at Roundhay :confused:

Do you have a problem with Leeds????

People try to make some correlation between playing new songs and great audiences. It's not as though the band says, 'This is a great crowd...let's play 'Crumbs!' The set list is typed out and distributed before the show. 'Crumbs' comes, good crowd or bad.

there is no difference. city doesn't matter. bigger cities are not better audiences. i have seen u2 21 times invarious places:
atlanta, new york, e rutherford, hartford, worcester, miami, houston, dallas, charlotte, austin, san antonio, clemson and providence. there is no difference in their performance. there will be some nights that seem a little better, but i think there are so many factors its really silly to say its because of the city.

for example nj1 and really nj2 were excellent on the first leg of vertigo. I thought msg on the first leg was really weak especially compared to the nj shows. that was my perception, but someone else may say that the msg was magical, and crowd was great etc. it all a matter of opinion.

i saw the 10/8 msg show, and that's the most fired-up i've seen bono at a show and i think it was evidenced by him berating the dude with the cell phone (which was awesome!)

No. The band play just as well in other cities. Really great nites just happen.

New Yorkers like to think the band plays better for them because most New Yorkers are arrogant.

I have seem them in NJ, Philly, Boston, South Bend, Denver, Dublin, Long Island, Chicago and NYC. I think it is definitely the crowd they feed off, but I have to say the best show they ever put on was in NYC in October 2001, the last night in MSG. The crowd was excellent, when they played One there was not a dry eye in the place. The firemen on stage at the end that wouldn't allow them to get off after Walk On. Then they sang Out of Control - no way - the best show they put on was that night.

Jim said:

No I love Leeds and one of the best shows I ever saw was at Roundhay :confused:

Do you have a problem with Leeds????

I better not have. I live there.

MrBrau1 said:
No. The band play just as well in other cities. Really great nites just happen.

New Yorkers like to think the band plays better for them because most New Yorkers are arrogant.

this is true... all points.

but... to discount that tbe band tries to put their best foot forward in places like new york and LA, with all the industry type people, would be silly.

and again... the venue adds to it. if they tore down MSG and put up some new generic tampax arena bullshit? it wouldn't be the same... but the arena has so much history that it just adds to it

Back
Top Bottom