MERGED-->3rd Leg merchandise info and pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleazer

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
3rd Leg merchandise

I was surprised at the number of new shirts U2 had available for sale in Chicago tonight. I think there were about 4 or 5 new styles that weren't available during their May Chicago shows.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised to see the "vintage" shirts marked down to $50. Does anyone know if that's a permanent price for all 3rd Leg shows, or if maybe they're just marking down those shirts to clearance out the remaining stock, and when they're gone, they're gone.

I also liked the new poster style. The spring posters were nice, but got pretty boring after seeing the same style for every single show. Did they have a different style of posters for the Euro leg?

Utoo said:
Pictures of the new stuff please! :yes:
I am hoping that my thread will inspire someone to take pics tonight. :wink:

That said, a few of the new shirts might be tough to see, as they feature black lettering on dark-colored shirts.

I didn't even look at the programs, I just assumed they'd be the same.

Borrowing a few pics from u2's website, the posters have changed from this old version:
U2T36229.jpg

and now feature this design on them (with the city and date at the bottom):
U2T36123.jpg

U2 Blinky Light said:
did they have any blinky lights or do I still have the market cornered?
i didn't see any
I remember seeing some blinking Vertigo pins. What do yours look like?

I saw some blinking vertigo pins in Toronto, but I wasn't able to find who was selling them. "U2 Blinky Light" are you still selling your blinking pins? If you are, I would love to get a few. Let me know.

third leg merchandise?

i have heard that there is new merchandise for the third leg. does anyone have any pics?

Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware there was a necklace, but I'd like to see pictures of it or see it. I hope they have the black hoodies by Nov. cuz I need one of those too!

Did you see the necklace up close? Is it really cheap looking? Maybe they should just sell the charms! They might make more that way.

Yes the hoodies are expensive but I want one. Sheesh they cost more than my GA ticket!

The pins/buttons that they're selling are cool. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't get any. :grumpy: (anyone know where I might be able to buy some?)

Edit: Oh, and I'm not talking about the blinky pins.

Last edited:
Carek1230 said:

Yes the hoodies are expensive but I want one. Sheesh they cost more than my GA ticket!

I made the mistake of buying one of the hoodies. :| Men's small...it seemed to fit fine at the time (of course, I was high on the fact that I'd be seeing U2 in an hour, so my judgement was slightly off). When I got home, it was plainly obvious that it was much too big. They should have had ladies' sizes!

GibsonGirl said:
I made the mistake of buying one of the hoodies. :| Men's small...it seemed to fit fine at the time (of course, I was high on the fact that I'd be seeing U2 in an hour, so my judgement was slightly off). When I got home, it was plainly obvious that it was much too big. They should have had ladies' sizes!

Send to it to me. My birthday's coming up :hyper:

a $50 necklace?? :huh: $50 is how much I paid for my GA ticket... is that necklace really worth as much as a U2 ticket?

Hey, question for GA vets: How did you get merchandise? Did you just wait til after the show, or were you able to get in and have someone save your spot on the floor?

I bought some stuff at the Philly show and ended up having to carry it on the floor for the whole show. It was the worst mistake I ever made.:|

It's interesting that many of the shirts on the 3rd leg are now made by Edun, even some of the same designs that I purchased on the 1st leg.

I wonder if they just weren't manufactured in time for the 1st & 2nd legs. I only saw 1 Edun shirt in Spain.

Last edited:
Personally I don't like that big 'V' on the front. I liked the jersey shirts with the 3 symbols on the front and the big block 'U2' on the back.

GibsonGirl said:

Aren't they considered to be *Unisex* sizing? I need a XXL. Otherwise I'd buy it from you or trade. Try selling it on eBay. Willing to bet you can get a good profit on it.

AtomicBono said:
a $50 necklace?? :huh: $50 is how much I paid for my GA ticket... is that necklace really worth as much as a U2 ticket?

I thought that same thing! I heard from someone else that the necklace was $40. Hmmmmm :hmm: I am going to the Portland show with my sister which is right before Christmas and my birthday so she says she wants to buy me something I really want at the show! :applaud:

Lila64 said:
I like the pouch the necklace comes in. I'll give you $5 for it.

Hahahaha Lila, I will have to remember that. The U2 and Bono earrings I bought on eBay came in cool red pouches and the seller had included small magnets of U2 in each one! :yikes:

U2_Fan_Forever1 said:
I saw some blinking vertigo pins in Toronto, but I wasn't able to find who was selling them. "U2 Blinky Light" are you still selling your blinking pins? If you are, I would love to get a few. Let me know.

I bought a U2 blinky pin from someone in the parking lot at the San Diego opening show and paid $10 for it. Then I found out someone else had bought them for $4 each. I think I got ripped off, but it is cool and I am wearing it to every show I go to! Vegas and Portland, here I come! :rockon: :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom