meet and greet the band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Precious3

The Fly
i was watching the chicago DVD and there is a section where bono and the edge go out and talk to the fans and all that . how long b4 the show does this occur and is it at the venue they are playing ( like out the back of the stadium somewhere...like how do you know how where to go to mee them ) ?

The best place to mee the band is out in back of the stadium near the loading docks.

At San Jose 1, the guys rolled in at around 4pm, did their soundcheck, then Bono came out at around 5:15 to mee with us.

He signed autographs for nearly everyone there, which was around 150 people. He was very cool and friendly, and spent about 25 minutes outside with us, signing and chatting.

Check out my photos here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/320544766lcnWUD

(Click on each photo, then click "View Full Size" to expand them).

At Portland, Adam came out at around 6pm despite the rain, and signed for everyone who was there, which wasn't very many, so everyone got a good chance to mee him.

Last edited:
meeting them at stadiums in europe was pretty much impossible--i never saw them stop in five different cities. arenas are easier. the arrival time depends on what time they soundcheck; in europe they usually arrived around 2pm.

I waited at their hotel in Cleveland and they didn't leave until 6:00. It was worth the wait as both Edge and Bono signed for everyone.

Hi

In Europe the best place to meet the band is the hotels - just before they leave for the soundcheck. I met Bono and Adam last year in the UK - my photos are in PLEBA!

Lisa

It's all hit or miss and depends on their schedule .... and where they are coming from ....Meadowlands one day was 4:30 the next day it was 1. In the US early shows it was usually around 4, then the last leg it was 6 - 6:30! NY it was around 5.

how did u guys find out what hotel they wherer staying at ( not that i am going to be trying to see them at their hotel ) i have my parents with me so they will just want to go into the stadium for the show.

We were lucky as in the UK they seem to stay at the hotel each time they visit a City......

I think it is the same for Europe and the States

Lisa

I met Edge on 12/5 in Boston outside the arena around 5. They never stop in Philly.

Back
Top Bottom