Live 8 Rebroadcast Sat July 9th! (MTV Corrects their Wrong?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I woke up at 7:03 to put a tape in my machine because all the info online said 10:00am EST. But no, I get 6 minutes of commercials only to be followed by a Mariah Carey video. Then I go back to bed and the phone wakes me up at 10:14. I realize the time, and turn the TV on, finding U2 singing 'One'. Oh well... will have to wait for the 3-8PM broadcast - that is if I'm home. :(

have fun kelly - check your pm!

:wave:

haha, of course after Live8 on VH1 they are showing Celebrity Rags to Riches, showing all the expensive crap celebrities buy.

So first we see Snoop Dog performing at Live8, then we get to see him spending 30 grand at a jewlery store.

interesting - this morning the "give us what we fucking want" was hardly bleeped out (if at all) during Vertigo but for MTV - full on bleepage - perhaps this morning was the first time they had actually watched the performance :huh:

VH-1 and MTV have done a pretty good job from what I've seen so far off Tivo. VH-1 broadcast all of U2's performance with McCartney and alone, and all of Coldplay's performance. MTV broadcast all of REM's performance and all of Madonna's performance and also the part where Geldof brought the student from Africa out on stage.

the first broadcast on 7/2, did you notice some SnoopDog 'mother:censored:s' slipped inbetween the censors there, and even on Pink Floyd, Gilmour said 'Bullshit' (the lyric) during "Money". On the re-broadcast, when I caught Pink Floyd, they dropped out his 'bullshit'. Lame. Very lame. It's fucking Pink Floyd and that's the lyric! How bad is that???? :huh:

It doesn't matter. They already made their ad revenue while the event was taking place live, which no doubt is more than they'll lose by playing 10 hours commercial free after the fact.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom