Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-14-2005, 04:01 PM   #1
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 856
Local Time: 11:21 AM
Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?

Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?
__________________

Super_Fan is offline  
Old 09-14-2005, 04:17 PM   #2
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Mb
Posts: 121
Local Time: 05:21 AM
In Chicago when they were filming the crowd for the DVD some real geek U2 fans put on a real sad display of singing Vertigo to the Camera they looked like they were putting on a broadway play. They butchered the song 3 times before they all finally remembered the lyrics. Keep in mind they were singing one line each and then jumbing out of the camera view then another geek would jump in and say another line. We had been in line since 4:00 am and had had about enough. My friend yelled out at them while they were singing and being filmed "YOUR MAKING ME HATE THIS BAND!" Wonder if that will be on the DVD? Probably not.
__________________

govikesU2 is offline  
Old 09-14-2005, 04:29 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,563
Local Time: 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by govikesU2
In Chicago when they were filming the crowd for the DVD some real geek U2 fans put on a real sad display of singing Vertigo to the Camera they looked like they were putting on a broadway play.
This is true. I took no part in it! I hate singing or being on camera anyway.



I think a bunch of groups did it, and I heard one girl say of the group pictured above, "I bet we'll get on it, b/c our group is the most racially diverse." We'll see....
Liesje is offline  
Old 09-14-2005, 04:55 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
beau2ifulday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 5,512
Local Time: 10:21 AM
'We kindly ask that you do not Barbecue whilst waiting in line'.

They broadcast it over the loudspeaker because some guys had brought a portable BBQ with them and were roasting chicken. Quite a few people around me, including myself, found it real funny.
beau2ifulday is offline  
Old 09-14-2005, 05:49 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
WildHoneyAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 8,158
Local Time: 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic


This is true. I took no part in it! I hate singing or being on camera anyway.
Me too. I hid from the camera like it was my job.
WildHoneyAlways is offline  
Old 09-14-2005, 05:54 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
ruffian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,983
Local Time: 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by govikesU2
In Chicago when they were filming the crowd for the DVD some real geek U2 fans put on a real sad display of singing Vertigo to the Camera they looked like they were putting on a broadway play. They butchered the song 3 times before they all finally remembered the lyrics. Keep in mind they were singing one line each and then jumbing out of the camera view then another geek would jump in and say another line. We had been in line since 4:00 am and had had about enough. My friend yelled out at them while they were singing and being filmed "YOUR MAKING ME HATE THIS BAND!" Wonder if that will be on the DVD? Probably not.
i remember that! and i also slept under that tree in the photo for the first concert in chicago
ruffian is offline  
Old 09-14-2005, 06:29 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Carmelu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: LOST
Posts: 8,295
Local Time: 05:21 AM
Why did you sleep under a tree ruffian?
Carmelu2fan is offline  
Old 09-14-2005, 08:19 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: gone
Posts: 17,914
Local Time: 05:21 AM
whoever was in charge of that Chicago GA line did a hell of a job
Chizip is offline  
Old 09-14-2005, 09:00 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
WildHoneyAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 8,158
Local Time: 05:21 AM
WildHoneyAlways is offline  
Old 09-14-2005, 09:06 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,563
Local Time: 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by beau2ifulday
'We kindly ask that you do not Barbecue whilst waiting in line'.

They broadcast it over the loudspeaker because some guys had brought a portable BBQ with them and were roasting chicken. Quite a few people around me, including myself, found it real funny.
Do they really care? I was planning on bringing m Coleman along to boil some Ramen or fry up some pancakes or something...
Liesje is offline  
Old 09-14-2005, 09:13 PM   #11
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9
Local Time: 10:21 AM
Please help locate New Orleans U2 fan

Does any anyone recognize the guy with the black t - shirt on ? He is a friend of mine from New Orleans and I have not been able to get in touch with him since the Hurricane. His name is Brett Emmanuel.
As we look at the picture he is to the left of the man with long hair and the gray jacket on, with the blue background of the tent behind him.
Any help would be appreciated. I just want to know that he is o.k.
Wildhorsesbaby is offline  
Old 09-14-2005, 09:25 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,563
Local Time: 06:21 AM
Re: Please help locate New Orleans U2 fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildhorsesbaby
Does any anyone recognize the guy with the black t - shirt on ? He is a friend of mine from New Orleans and I have not been able to get in touch with him since the Hurricane. His name is Brett Emmanuel.
As we look at the picture he is to the left of the man with long hair and the gray jacket on, with the blue background of the tent behind him.
Any help would be appreciated. I just want to know that he is o.k.
Sorry, the only one I really got to know was the lady on the far right. She and her daughter came all the way from Chile for that concert (and they got to be in the ellipse, I was so happy for them).
Liesje is offline  
Old 09-14-2005, 09:25 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: gone
Posts: 17,914
Local Time: 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic


Do they really care? I was planning on bringing m Coleman along to boil some Ramen or fry up some pancakes or something...
in Chicago they dont care
Chizip is offline  
Old 09-14-2005, 10:17 PM   #14
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 856
Local Time: 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
whoever was in charge of that Chicago GA line did a hell of a job
That was me. for May 9. There was confusion galore at 3:30 p.m. that day but it was all said and done at 5:30 p.m. I thought it was funny that the dude in the Fan Club GA line got arrested for yelling vulgar language. The DVD crew filmed that incident so that might be in the DVD extras.
Super_Fan is offline  
Old 09-14-2005, 10:23 PM   #15
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 856
Local Time: 11:21 AM
Another funny moment was the night before the last Boston show. Some bum(yes bums are attracted to me for some reason) come up to me started a conversation found out that I was a History Major so he would yell out in the GA line randomly and calling me History Major. I was scared but I thought it was also funny that he invited everyone in the GA line to his condo a few blocks down from the Fleet Center(now TD Bank Garden) . Never heard of a bum inviting anyone to his condo but he got distracted (I assume talking to himself) and I ran off in the dark near the loading dock so I could get away from that creep. He was disappointed but I coming back immediately after he left the GA line area was a sign of relief.
Super_Fan is offline  
Old 09-15-2005, 08:31 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 06:21 AM
Super Fan! I've been looking for you...

I saw your "Ninja's Killed" guy two weeks ago!! I was driving down U St. in DC & saw him walking down the side of the road. Sitting prominently on top of his shopping cart was the sign! After reading, "Ninja's Killed My," I flipped out! Drove by too fast to see what the rest of the sign said.

Anyway, I thought you'd be amused that he's got the same sign! I'm guessing that you saw him in DC, too...? Otherwise, those ninjas must also run a bus service...
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 09-15-2005, 09:12 AM   #17
New Yorker
 
{paintedroses}'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 3,064
Local Time: 10:21 AM
Re: Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?

Quote:
Originally posted by Super_Fan
Funny Amusing Stuff that you have seen in any GA line?
People cheering every time someone came out of the porta-loo in Dublin

And in two whole (separate) days of queuing on my own not one person wanted to start a conversation with me ... oh wait thats not funny, thats rude
{paintedroses} is offline  
Old 09-15-2005, 09:18 AM   #18
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 856
Local Time: 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo
Super Fan! I've been looking for you...

I saw your "Ninja's Killed" guy two weeks ago!! I was driving down U St. in DC & saw him walking down the side of the road. Sitting prominently on top of his shopping cart was the sign! After reading, "Ninja's Killed My," I flipped out! Drove by too fast to see what the rest of the sign said.

Anyway, I thought you'd be amused that he's got the same sign! I'm guessing that you saw him in DC, too...? Otherwise, those ninjas must also run a bus service...

Which intersection Northwest? Southeast? D.C.? Is it near the 9:30 Club/Howard University?
Super_Fan is offline  
Old 09-15-2005, 09:47 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Super_Fan



Which intersection Northwest? Southeast? D.C.? Is it near the 9:30 Club/Howard University?
It was exactly in the 9:30 Club/Howard area. Saw him on U near where U and Georgia meet.
Utoo is offline  
Old 09-15-2005, 10:18 AM   #20
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 337
Local Time: 06:21 AM
Quote:
People cheering every time someone came out of the porta-loo in Dublin


Edited to add: In Philadelphia in May, some guy had his bright yellow pimp mobile, with the hood up and his music blaring(it wasn't U2), out in the parking lot right next to the GA line. Apparently he got confused and thought he was an extra in fast and the furious.
__________________

bombergirl1978 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×