Funniest comment that Bono made at your concert(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People, ZooMacPhisto800 has a track record of posting shit here. I'm surprised he hasn't been banned for being a troll.

Axver said:
People, ZooMacPhisto800 has a track record of posting shit here. I'm surprised he hasn't been banned for being a troll.

I'm surprised you haven't been banned for condoning bigotry. Not everyone is like you Axver... not everyone is like you.

At Manchester 15th June before "One" where he tells us to get out the phones... Well I was in some crazy world, and turned on the LED lights on my phone and blinded him, resulting in

*hand raised - Bono Glares*
"Turn that bright light out please"

I still haven't recovered, and can't listen to that part of the bootleg.

My favorite "Bono-ism" isn't so much something funny that he said, but actually seeing him so moved and blown away at the Portland show 12/19 at the THANK YOU signs the GA and thousands in the stands held up. He was really pleasantly surprised and near speechless!

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

I'm surprised you haven't been banned for condoning bigotry. Not everyone is like you Axver... not everyone is like you.

:yawn: More ZooMacPhisto800 Patented Nonsense (TM).

Go troll somewhere else.

europop2005 said:

Miami 11-14

"I can understand why they call this the American Airlines Arena...it sounds like a f*cking 747 in here"

Aawww...you stole mine....that was a great moment...not really a funny..ha ha moment...but a great line none the less, for a great crowd.

At MSG, Edge was starting to play Wild Horses but he had guitar problems and had to stop. While he was trying to tune his guitar, Bono goes "Very professional, The Edge." It was great.

Bono breaks into singing "singing in the rain" during Popmart...theres a bootleg of this somewhere

europop2005 said:
Bono breaks into singing "singing in the rain" during Popmart...theres a bootleg of this somewhere

:huh: How's that notable? He's snippeted Singing In The Rain on multiple tours.

Now, for a snippet to truly make you laugh, go listen to Mysterious Ways from Popmart Tampa. He snippets It's Raining Men.

The impronto Dancing Queens from April 1992. If you have the Oakland 4/92 video Bono starts singing, turns to face Larry and just busts a gut.

Axver, during the Tampa Popmart Mysterious Ways Bono sings "I can't stand the Rain" a couple times. What on earth song is that? It's been stuck in my head for 2 weeks now.

u2fp

tbird said:

Mario Batali's place(s)... either Babbo or Del Posto. Last November before the last NY shows there were some photos of them togeher... of all of them Otto is my favorite and happens to be the least expensive - 8th St & Fifth NYC

I'm not sure but is Otto located in the financial district not far from the World Trade Center? If so, I've been there already and I can tell you it is the best Italian restaurant I've been to(and I'm Italian!).

But then again, I could be thinking of a restaurant called Ecco, also in NYC.

U2FanPeter said:
The impronto Dancing Queens from April 1992. If you have the Oakland 4/92 video Bono starts singing, turns to face Larry and just busts a gut.

Axver, during the Tampa Popmart Mysterious Ways Bono sings "I can't stand the Rain" a couple times. What on earth song is that? It's been stuck in my head for 2 weeks now.

u2fp

Ha! I was at that show in Oakland too. I don't have the video though...

not funny, but coolest moment for me was during the end of SYCMIOYO with my boy onstage and Bono calls him Paul (he had just told Bono his name is Jason)

Durring Yahweh in Vancouver(April 29th 2005) Bono had a girl dancing on stage with him. She was all over him groping hima nd everything and I Bono said somthing like "Even yahweh gets emabarassed". I don't knwo if that was the exact quote but it was pretty funny at the time.

Hallucination said:
Durring Yahweh in Vancouver(April 29th 2005) Bono had a girl dancing on stage with him. She was all over him groping hima nd everything and I Bono said somthing like "Even yahweh gets emabarassed". I don't knwo if that was the exact quote but it was pretty funny at the time.

There's cell-phone video of this exchange on youtube. It's called "Bono will Nicht"

And thanx to Axver for the snippet page...

u2fp

Well, 12/19/05 is the only U2 show I've been to (sigh)... So, the funniest thing that happened there was when Bono recognized girls in the front row and asked them how many shows they'd been to on the tour. They answered (with crazy numbers), and he said he was starting to feel like Oprah and then asked, "Now, when did you start to have these feelings"? lol.

Omaha, 12/15/05: It wasn't so much what he said. During OOTS when he sang the line, "some people have too much confidence" he pointed his finger at himself. And during his intro speech for One, he said the entire tour entourage were having their Christmas party in Omaha, however they couldn't get Guinness here.

At the Berlin-Show last year, Bono had problems with his shoes, so that a roady had to come up on stage to bring him a new pair. Then Bono sung: "There´s no business like shoe business"

tryan101 said:
Elevation tour in Sacramento during Stuck in a Moment:

"there's nothing you can throw at me......"

fan throws photo clipped to a sharpie at him

".......that I haven't already signed"

doesn't even miss a beat. then signs it and throws it back.

:lmao:!!! that's great!!!

Zurich last year, during the Miracle Drug speech:
"I want to thank pharmaceutical companies ..."
:huh:
It made me laugh because it's not the kind of dedicace I would have wait for:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom