Dublin -- They're already queueing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"The finishing touches are made to the stage ahead of Irish U2's three night run. The Irish leg of the Vertigo tour which sold out within hours will be watched by approximetly 240,000 people"

563e1336.jpg

dc83d03c.jpg

kellyahern said:

:hyper:

Is it weird for me to be excited even though I'm not there? :reject:

You don't have to answer, I know it's weird.

No it's not Kelly. I'm excited as well eventhough I'm totally understood by some people on these forums unfortunately...Have a nice setlistparty, Maybe I'll join you

The gates are open and the first of the fans are in .....
Strange I thought gates were 3pm ??
They usually open the gates early in Ireland.
Good idea in all honesty.

from u2 log.com:
"10 am. Two to three hundred fans queueing up at Croke Park. There are no amenities. Fans are instructing local security how to operate. Doors may open early, to relieve local residents. It has been raining."

"11.45. We are let onto the Croke Park grounds in 7 or more separate lanes. Hundreds of fans who were at the back of the queue, are now somehow closer to the turnstiles, which is a little sour for those who queued overnight."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/u2logcom/21254713/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/u2logcom/21265104/

timothius said:
Awesome! :hyper:

Now the only question at what time should I will be looking to arrive for the partae... I have a feeling this will be quiet a show. :scratch: :hyper:

Sleep vs Setlist Party...?

I surely hope they pull out al the stops for the next three nights..
Can't wait to see what they will do..

zwervers2 said:

I surely hope they pull out al the stops for the next three nights..
Can't wait to see what they will do..

How many hours until they hit the stage... it's 11PM here so I'm pondering a few hours of shut eye... Just so tommorow doesn't leave me in a complete vegetative state. Or else I guess I'll have to learn to enjoy it :D

kellyahern said:

Well, it looks like zootopia started their setlist party yesterday :shifty:

I think the report is that the band is rehearsing now.

Recent Post on Zootopia:

Edge is rehearsing catching alight as early as possible. Adam is standing by with a fire extinguisher just in case! They want this to be a special night!

Rumours of Edge's guitar already singing are premature and unfounded at this point.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

timothius said:

Recent Post on Zootopia:

Edge is rehearsing catching alight as early as possible. Adam is standing by with a fire extinguisher just in case! They want this to be a special night!

Rumours of Edge's guitar already singing are premature and unfounded at this point.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol:

No port-a-lets for people who camped out in the GA line, people were using the alley . . . ewwww:yuck:

soundcheck in progress now

kellyahern said:

:lol:

No port-a-lets for people who camped out in the GA line, people were using the alley . . . ewwww:yuck:

I :heart: Dublin. :wink:

We are sitting in the same timezone as the European gigs were, meaning we have about 5:30 hours till showtime? Or am I off?!

I've set my alarm for 5am here every show, but only once been able to get out of my bed. I'm a very, very bad sleeper. But I shall not miss tonight, I just need to know what time I'm lookin to "Wake Up".

Aardvark747 said:
Is there any word of one of these gigs being filmed for a DVD release? Like we had 2 last time around, 1 indoor and 1 stadium would be cool...

I think we will get 2 DVD's from this tour....but I dont think they will choose to film Dublin again.
Well Sydney was almost going to be the PopMart show filmed....so who knows.

timothius said:

I :heart: Dublin. :wink:

We are sitting in the same timezone as the European gigs were, meaning we have about 5:30 hours till showtime? Or am I off?!

I've set my alarm for 5am here every show, but only once been able to get out of my bed. I'm a very, very bad sleeper. But I shall not miss tonight, I just need to know what time I'm lookin to "Wake Up".

I'm a terrible sleeper too, I usually go to bed at about 12am at the earliest on a school night :)

Will right now in Dublin its 2:48......When's showtime?

Just heard on radio that the residents around croke park have set up a protest with their wheelie bins over ticket's for the gigs,what a fuckin joke,u2 have more problems playing their hometown than anywhere in the world

claytons edge said:
Just heard on radio that the residents around croke park have set up a protest with their wheelie bins over ticket's for the gigs,what a fuckin joke,u2 have more problems playing their hometown than anywhere in the world

:down:

Thats class! i am actually going to tomorrow nite concert in dublin, but would of prefered 2nite. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom