Could U2 tour with R.E.M.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lov12113

The Fly
This is pure speculation, but what are the odds U2 might tour with REM on the upcoming tour? I read an article in Rolling Stone that stated that the next REM album was due out in October. With both U2 and REM releasing albums at almost the same time, wouldn't this be a perfect time for them to tour together? After all, its long been known that U2 and REM have a friendly history of mutual cooperation and admiration.

If this did happen, undoubtedly the set design would be U2's, but REM would be a killer opening act.

never happen....I could never see one of these bands opening for the other...EGO

REM has already announced their fall tour dates and opening acts.

And besides, there is no reason why two of the biggest bands in the world would need to tour together as a package deal. That would be an extremely expensive tour for promoters, backers, crew members and the ticket buying public.

I agree it probably won't happen, but I think the idea is feasible! Look at the tour against bush with Springsteen, REM, Dave Mathews band and others. A mutual tour is not necessary for a good crowd but is a possibility. A "super tour"of sorts. Yes, I know its a pipe dream and all and ticket prices would be ridiculous.

Never! I am not a huge REM fan but I do not want U2 to tour w/a big or even medium size band b/c that would make high demand tickets even in greater demand. There are plenty of new, unknown great bands that would be great openers for U2.

Back
Top Bottom