City Of Manchester Stadium...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
According to todays Sun, U2 are to play the venue next year, and are pencilled in between June 8 and 15...

This is the Football home of Manchester City for anyone who doesnt know.

Why is its a shame that its City not United? personally I think that The City Of Manchester stadium is a much better place to see a gig than Old Trafford, The view from the very top of the North Stand at Old Trafford will be awful.

Yeah I'd agree with that comment, anyone who's been to old trafford knows that it's a dreadful venue to watch football in god only knows what it would be like to see a concert in. I can't imagine a more frustrating experience then being in the North Stand where you are unable to see any of the rest of the ground a part from the pitch.
As for the City Of Manchester it's nicer from the outside than the inside but I think it would be quite a cool venue, it will also be a lot easier to get back to city centre from the City Of Manchester.

Kate1 said:
Isnt the United stadium bigger though?:eyebrow:

Old Trafford is bigger, but speaking as an Arsenal fan I would much rather go to Man City's ground!!!!!! They very rarely put gigs on at OT anyway, can't remember the last time somebody played there. I think recently stadium gigs in Manchester have been at the cricket ground which I think had 40-50,000 in for Oasis.

They have to play Roundhay Park! It's perfect for U2 and they've loved playing there in the past !!

The source I have cited on here before is offering tickets for the 16th and 17th of June at The City Of Manchester Stadium.
I am not saying it's gospal before I get lept on but I just thought everyone would like to know.

tarquinsuperb said:
The source I have cited on here before is offering tickets for the 16th and 17th of June at The City Of Manchester Stadium.
I am not saying it's gospal before I get lept on but I just thought everyone would like to know.

These dates would mean U2 in the Uk, then Ireland, and back to the UK for the Twickenham show(s).

Mike

mikeuk said:

These dates would mean U2 in the Uk, then Ireland, and back to the UK for the Twickenham show(s).

Mike

In geographical terms it wouldn't be the most ridiculous thing in mind bearing in mind that Manchester is in the North West.

Back
Top Bottom