Bono In Sydney with family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brilliant. That has the potential to be an outstanding interview. Way better than any US 60 Minute type softball shit. I've been hoping forever that he does Denton.

Earnie Shavers said:
Brilliant. That has the potential to be an outstanding interview. Way better than any US 60 Minute type softball shit. I've been hoping forever that he does Denton.

I remember us discussing this about a year ago. Denton has always interviewed musicians the best of any subject I think... Stipe, Rob Hirst, Ghrol and Finn Bros were fantastic the last 2 years.

His radio show was awesome with Andrew Denton's Musical Challange was great too!

So was this the linkage for him, or wait, is there more? :hmm:

Last edited:
bono_man said:
when is it? at 8:00pm on which Monday?

Next, I assume.

It's not recorded live, and not all interviews are recorded on the day if it doesn't fit the persons schedule. You might find if Bono is cutting his time in Sydney short that it may have already been filmed.

And I agree, his interviews with musicians are awesome. The Michael Stipe one was brilliant. Hopefully he'll be able to get past Bono's same old soundbites. I don't want to hear "justice, not charity" once!

I'm not sure, but I would wager $20 that it hasn't been done yet. I was browsing the site Mon/Tues looking at the studio audience page and saw no mentions of a call for whatever day it was done - as they have done in the past for special interviews. Unless they did one without a studio audience, there is every chance he could be doing it Monday Avo.

Mind you the booking line which I just called says they are taking bookings for the 20th, not the 13th. :(

timothius said:
Unless they did one without a studio audience

Somehow, I don't think an audience with Bono would fail to attract the odd ABC staff member. :wink:

My sisters ex-boyfriend works for his production company. If only this was 6 months ago. :mad:

Seriously can't wait for this. Brilliant.

The other connection in Sydney? No, just other very close friends and extended family in regards to Bono. It's also well known that Edge's sister lived here up until a couple of years ago, her husband an executive at Universal Music here. I told you a couple of members of U2 have slipped in and out of here over the past few years (almost) completely unnoticed :wink:

Lila64 said:

where is that link supposed to lead me? :scratch:

1 hour ago, where you see the display that re: Charlotte Church & Parkinson displayed one regarding Bono being on Enough Rope with Andrew Denton on Monday Night.

This show has a reputation of being absolutely brilliant - mainly due to Andrew Denton's great interviewing skills. He is a big music fan too, his iTunes Music Store playlist is just :combust:.

Should be great.

Earnie

Who else does Bono know in Sydney?

Sounds like it is his second home!

I know he visited here a lot before making Bomb, he also spent about a week in Bahli too.

Bono is on Denton on March 13th. That is the date of the tickets and I rang and confirmed it is going to be shown on the ABC on Monday night.

I am in the second row so I am going to get pretty close to the great man.

Bono in Sydney said:
I am in the second row so I am going to get pretty close to the great man.

:ohmy:

Off the topic, do you have a range of names....

For Example:
Bono in Dublin
Bono in LA
Bono in the south of frace
Bono In the studio
Bono Bored in Rehersal
Bono On Interference

? :wink:

Same can be said for me, I need a new name every year!

bono_man2002 said:

www.aussietorrents.com

I've already made a request if some kind folk can capture it, check the TV thread and there may be a torrent for it the next day, or prehaps even straight after its broadcast.

well, hopefully it will make it to the web or you tube or something (I can't torrent). Sounds interesting!

Don't worry I'll take my little cam recorder and upload it as soon as I get home.

Paul knows me so if he sees me we might hang out together after the show depending how quickly he wants to get back to his family.

Back
Top Bottom