Best ticket deal you got on Ebay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Hey to anyone who bought tickets for the Vertigo tour on Ebay..

I bought two GA's for the Philly I show October 16. I "Buy it now"ed them for $275. That's pretty expensive I know, but it's better than the usually $600 a pair that you usually see on Ebay or the 200 a ticket from scalpers. So, just for a little perspective, do you guys mind if I ask what kind of money you spent for tickets, either on Ebay or through other (non-ticketmaster) means?

Tickets

I got 2 Gas for $350 for the Chicago May 12th show on Ebay ffrom a seller called the TickeWindow. Boy were they ever worth it! :wave: :happy: :heart: :heart:

I got my 2nd San Diego show tickets on ebay from a broker...the Buy It Now price was $157.00 for two GA tickets. When asked why so cheap...(I called his office)...they said they were trying to dump them seeing that it was two days before the show. They sent me the ticketfast email and I had them. I wasn't worried about the ticketfast thing...I checked the broker's feedback and their website looked legitimate...and I did see a shit load of tickets for that show...so it all sounded like a good deal.

I was very lucky to get them...timing I guess. The best thing about it is that I got picked for the lottery and saw the show from the elipse.

Good luck to those searching

JL

Got two GA's for Chicago May 9th for $345. Thought it was too much, but couldn't help it. I consider them the best seats in the house so I justified it.

I was able to get one ticket to the Philly 5/22 show for $50 on ebay. I was in section 110. Wasn't the original price about $175?

I spent $240 for 2 GA ticketfast tickets to the 2nd East Rutherford show with buy it now. Believe it or not both tickets got scanned to go into the elipse!!! Was able to bring a couple we had met in line into the elipse with us!

I picked up another GA for Philly 10/17 for $165, plush $15 shipping. I was trying to get a GA for the 10/16 show from a "fan" on here (and even offered to trade my lower-level seat for that show), only to find out he'd sold his four GA's for that night for--gag--$900.

Dallas 10/29 - 2 side of stage nosebleeds for $250, only $50 total above face value and I feel grateful. Tix went soooo fast I got shut out at Tickemaster.

Cant wait for show!!!:D

Well it depends on which Euro shows you're talking about. Manchester, Cardiff, Glasgow, Poland (as one post above suggests), Berlin, Munich have prices on ebay at face value -- if not less -- for most tickets. Heck, Manchester GA's are selling below face value right now.

For Chicago I I got two tix about ten rows behind the stage for face value, around 180 bucks. I also scored pretty good MSG tix for the fall for around 200. So there are bargains to be found, just don't expect to get GA's for face value.

Doppelgang said:
getting back at scalpers and buying tickets from scalpers (ero e-bay purchases) does not compute

The fact that we are talking about good deals on Ebay and you assuming anyone that ever sold a ticket ever on Ebay is a scalper doesn't compute.

I have bought and sold. It is, in many ways, preferable to Ticketmaster. Yes, buying on Ebay doesn't do anything to get back at scalpers, but it is also a legitimate buying option for shows that are in high demand.

Some can bitch and stay home and pout, while I will be a knowledgeable and informed consumer who will pay what I think is a worthwhile price for a commodity I want with complete knowledge of the consequences and risks. I'll enjoy the show, those that look down their nose at us can enjoy the company of their self proclaimed ebay righteousness on their couch.

Last edited:
Hey, I just made this thread so we can actually feel happy about the concert ticket situation for a change instead of the constant bitching about clear channel and ticketmaster and prices and shit. I made it perfectly clear in my orignal post. I just want to hear from anyone who feels they got a good deal on tickets through ebay. If you didn't get any tickets, or don't want to hear about our good fortune with tickets, don't read the fucking thread. What did you expect reading a thread called "Best ticket deal you got on ebay?" Jesus. Some people will bitch about anything.

Lancemc said:
Hey, I just made this thread so we can actually feel happy about the concert ticket situation for a change instead of the constant bitching about clear channel and ticketmaster and prices and shit. I made it perfectly clear in my orignal post. I just want to hear from anyone who feels they got a good deal on tickets through ebay. If you didn't get any tickets, or don't want to hear about our good fortune with tickets, don't read the fucking thread. What did you expect reading a thread called "Best ticket deal you got on ebay?" Jesus. Some people will bitch about anything.
:up:

I purchased a single ticket for 5/26 Boston using "buy it now" on ebay, about $5 UNDER face value. Aisle seat in the balcony, awesome view, had a great time :)

I have since purchased 2 single tickets for Toronto and October Boston both at a very good price. Just have 3 months of worrying if they are valid :ohmy:

The seller that we dealt with on ebay was a great guy to deal with. We tried ticketmaster and the shows were already sold out so sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do! Personally I would happily pay the price all over again to see U2! Was a first show for two die hard long time fans so I believe it was money well spent. Way to go with everyone else who was lucky enough to get tickets too! Hope you enjoyed your show and future shows :).

I swear, Ebay is 10 times more reliable than Ticketmaster ever is. You just have to be careful about who you buy from.

Lancemc said:

don't read dissentions then skip over it if the truth about why regular fans can't get tickets through the regular capitalist market channel (ticmasteter) is 'buggin' you and if you think i'm "bitch"ing cause i did mean to bug people at least to the point where they start thinking about the issue, ergo my point, i want to be involved in a fair process for obtaining tix, not support an all for me effort , ie, if people refused to buy from scalpers (even though you get the odd 'fair' deal from sme one who already sold tickets to some one else for an exoberant price and now can afford to 'dump' tix)
something fucked about scalpers buying tix to resell and those interested in a night of music get screwed over
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
So.. Thanks MARY on EBay!!
She posted 2 ga's the nite Before Boston 2 at about 450.00
w/an hr left to the auction I emailed her directly (ask seller a question she responded (lived 10mins from my house )
She wanted to Unload the Tickets because she had just bought two seats on Ebay and did not want to stand ....

So we compromised and I walked away w/ 2 GA 's for my Wife and I to a great show!! for $200.00 total!!

they were Ticketfast ,however I met her she and was going to the same show and called to make sure we got in ...
Nice Irish Lady !
Thanks Mary ...
Of course I called her the next day to thank her Again!!
So don't give up Hope but be aware.....
See you all in the Fall!!
Happy Summer!!!

Doppelgang said:

don't read dissentions then skip over it if the truth about why regular fans can't get tickets through the regular capitalist market channel (ticmasteter) is 'buggin' you and if you think i'm "bitch"ing cause i did mean to bug people at least to the point where they start thinking about the issue, ergo my point, i want to be involved in a fair process for obtaining tix, not support an all for me effort , ie, if people refused to buy from scalpers (even though you get the odd 'fair' deal from sme one who already sold tickets to some one else for an exoberant price and now can afford to 'dump' tix)
something fucked about scalpers buying tix to resell and those interested in a night of music get screwed over
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Protest noted.

Now back to the discussion at hand.

Back
Top Bottom