Best ticket deal you got on Ebay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got six good uppers (sec. 340 and 302) for Denver 1 for a total of $315 (three pairs).

someone got a lovely lower level single from me at face value. i actually lost money on the transaction due to fines from ebay, paypal, ticketmaster (switching to hard ticket)...but I'm such a good person I didnt even charge them for that. :D

I ended up with four tickets to the first Phoenix show for $125, including over-night shipping. Two of the tickets were upper level almost opposite the stage. The other two tickets were lower level, thirteenth row, in that odd section that's a side-stage view for behind-the-stage prices. Absolutely FABULOUS seats, and I still can't believe my E-bay luck.

On a certain broker site which also allows individuals to sell their tickets, I got a ticket for Chicago 1, the 1st row of the 2nd level, completely unobstructed view, for $75. About $20 below face value. The man was great to deal with, he shipped me the ticket and told me to wait til I got it before I paid him! How about that!

P.S. the couple next to me from NJ paid $300 apiece for theirs

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

got a great deal on a website you wont let other scalper supporters in on , just what the band you went to see is not about

Doppelgang said:

got a great deal on a website you wont let other scalper supporters in on , just what the band you went to see is not about

So is it "supporting a scalper" if the transaction results in him/her losing more than 50% of the face value of the ticket? Seems to me that might discourage future scalping....

Doppelgang said:

What the fuck are you talking about. Put down the crack son, just put it down for your own sake.

Doppelgang said:

Your self-righteous vitriol is forcing your foot into your mouth

:bono: :yes: :bono: :yes: :sexywink:

as i said before these scalped tickets , ie, tix bought up for no reason other than resale for profit (with exceptions for those Few who may have legit reasons to recoup an other wise loss) are sold for face value or below is twofold

1 scalped enough of my other tickets so now i'll dump the remanders and still see aprofit, scalp!

2 need to get anything ican for these tix at this point coz i'm losing, scalp

as for those of you who feel my scalper peeve is uncalled for , i know u2 members who were responded to in the same way for standing up fotr whats right

theonly thing evil needs to succeed is for good folks to say / do nothing

I got 6 nosebleed seats for SD2 at face plus Ticketbastard fees and the seller let me charge to my own FedX Acct. Then we got a Vegas 11/4 for $61 ($52 ticket) and a Vegas 11/5 for $79.

I'm on ebay regularly and there are some decent prices for tickets but unfortunatley there are more scalper prices out there. Have to be careful.

Doppelgang said:
:bono: :yes: :bono: :yes: :sexywink:

as i said before these scalped tickets , ie, tix bought up for no reason other than resale for profit (with exceptions for those Few who may have legit reasons to recoup an other wise loss) are sold for face value or below is twofold

1 scalped enough of my other tickets so now i'll dump the remanders and still see aprofit, scalp!

2 need to get anything ican for these tix at this point coz i'm losing, scalp

as for those of you who feel my scalper peeve is uncalled for , i know u2 members who were responded to in the same way for standing up fotr whats right

theonly thing evil needs to succeed is for good folks to say / do nothing

what the fuck, exactly, are you talking about?

There are thousands of tickets exhanged each day (many legally and encouraged by Ticketmaster) on a secondary market. Some are sold for a giant mark up, many for the cost to the intial buyer...and sometimes even for less. Just because it is sold for less doesn't make it a loss leader for the scalper, I have sold tickets on Ebay for less than I paid due to the time constraints and in the interest of recouping some of my cost.

U2, I am sure, is really supportive of its fans not being able to secure tickets to its hottest shows because they think Ebay is an evil. They are talking about commercial scalpers not the private seller.

Even in the end, I don't care what U2 thinks about the issue. They could fix it, they haven't, I will do what I see fit with my hard earned cash. It is my right to be ripped off I want to be. Thanks for the concern, I will continue to do business with a reliable and time saving source.

I hardly consider Ebay EVIL. The thing is, just don't buy expensive tickets. If you get a good deal, then you have won. That's why this thread exists.

cmb737 said:

what the fuck, exactly, are you talking about?

There are thousands of tickets exhanged each day (many legally and encouraged by Ticketmaster) on a secondary market. Some are sold for a giant mark up, many for the cost to the intial buyer...and sometimes even for less. Just because it is sold for less doesn't make it a loss leader for the scalper, I have sold tickets on Ebay for less than I paid due to the time constraints and in the interest of recouping some of my cost.

U2, I am sure, is really supportive of its fans not being able to secure tickets to its hottest shows because they think Ebay is an evil. They are talking about commercial scalpers not the private seller.

Even in the end, I don't care what U2 thinks about the issue. They could fix it, they haven't, I will do what I see fit with my hard earned cash. It is my right to be ripped off I want to be. Thanks for the concern, I will continue to do business with a reliable and time saving source.

you make my point forme nicely , scalper

although i doubt thousands of tickets are exhanged each day (many legally, and encouraged by Ticketmaster) on a secondary market. Unless you mean they sell to ticket brokers, more scalpers, and like you say "Some are sold for a giant mark up, many for the cost to the intial buyer...and sometimes even for less. " and admit that you have..."sold tickets on Ebay for less than I paid due to the time constraints and in the interest of recouping some of my {your} cost. " also nice rationalization attempt calling SCALPERS "private seller(s)."

most important in your response.... "Even in the end, I don't care what U2 thinks about the issue." F.O.A.D , scalper

Thousands of tickets are exhanged daily on the secondary market. Look at Ebay, Craigslist, Overstock.com Auctions, StubHub, Yahoo Auctions, Interference, U2tours, and thousands of other fan sites where tickets are exhanged...on the secondary market. These tickets are not necessarily all scalpers...and I would argue that a good many of these are not.

You can sloppily use my post in an attempt to make your point, but only if you do so out of context and out of intended meaning. I have never sold a U2 ticket on ebay. I am talking about tickets that I have purchased for shows that I can no longer a) make time to get to b) afford c) have an interest in attending for whatever reason. Due to the time frames (often many months) when tickets come on sale, and when the show occurs this is an often occurence. Many times (if not most) I try to sell the tickets to friends or family...if that doesn't work, I will list the ticket on ebay for the cost to me as the price that the auction will end at. In absolutely no sitaution, do I make money off of a ticket sale. I perceive the ticket becoming available to the general public again at or below face value a good thing, and one I am happy to take part in. If this makes me a scalper, I think you may need to redefine your idealogy.

Regardless of your feeling about it, selling tickets on the secondary market is legal in every state as long as you meet the guidelines set out by the law. Ticketmaster regularly tells those that are seeking a refund for their tickets (as Ticketmaster does not generally issue refunds) that they are welcome to resell their tickets at their cost plus whatever the law in their municipality allows.

In regards to my comment about what U2 may or may not think, I am very sure they would approve of my actions and even encourage it as a way for fans to enjoy their concerts. No one is making any money off my auctions. My general comment, however, was aimed at the fact that I don't really care what U2 thinks about my buying tickets on the secondary market for my own personal use and enjoyment. It is my money that I am willing to spend, and am willing to take any risks or consequences that come with it. I am a smart shopper that has plenty of ebaying experience to draw upon. U2 could make their system more tight to fight scalpers, but they haven't...they could sell directly to the fans...they don't. For those that want to see multiple shows in multiple cities and countries, ebay is a blessing if not a vital part in the U2 experience. I don't buy from known scalpers, and don't encourage it.

Otherwise, you can take your uninformed and self righteous immature opinions and keep them to yourself. Calling me a scalper is not only ridiculous and rude...but makes a complete ass out of you. Keep it up though...I fully encourage assholes to keep up their beligerent ways...its funny.

Last edited:
I think you pretty much nailed it there cmb737. Not much to add to it. You're 100% right on every point. :up:

Oi. Someone's got a little bit of hate going on.

So I'm some sort of evil capitalist pig for buying tickets from someone who couldn't attend the concert? (I checked the person's feedback and their other sales - ticket selling was not something they did on a regular basis.) Instead, I should have just sat at home and bemoaned my U2-less fate? Feck that.

Sure, it's a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy: by buying tickets, we're encouraging the scalpers. Personally, I think I did more than my share to discourage scalpers by paying well below face value for my tickets. Call it a middle ground between your "buying tickets online is EVIL" and the "I must see this show no matter what the cost" mindset of many fans. If people would show a little restraint, it would be very easy to put the scalpers in a losing position. Why don't you spend a little bit of your energy on solving the problem of over-eager fans, instead of yelling at those of us who make it a point to screw over the scalpers whenever we can.

A great big :up: to everything cmb737 said.

Re rebuttall

cmb737 said:
Thousands of tickets are exhanged daily on the secondary market. Look at Ebay, Craigslist, Overstock.com Auctions, StubHub, Yahoo Auctions, Interference, U2tours, and thousands of other fan sites where tickets are exhanged...on the secondary market. These tickets are not necessarily all scalpers...and I would argue that a good many of these are not.

You can sloppily use my post in an attempt to make your point, but only if you do so out of context and out of intended meaning. I have never sold a U2 ticket on ebay. I am talking about tickets that I have purchased for shows that I can no longer a) make time to get to b) afford c) have an interest in attending for whatever reason. Due to the time frames (often many months) when tickets come on sale, and when the show occurs this is an often occurence. Many times (if not most) I try to sell the tickets to friends or family...if that doesn't work, I will list the ticket on ebay for the cost to me as the price that the auction will end at. In absolutely no sitaution, do I make money off of a ticket sale. I perceive the ticket becoming available to the general public again at or below face value a good thing, and one I am happy to take part in. If this makes me a scalper, I think you may need to redefine your idealogy.

Regardless of your feeling about it, selling tickets on the secondary market is legal in every state as long as you meet the guidelines set out by the law. Ticketmaster regularly tells those that are seeking a refund for their tickets (as Ticketmaster does not generally issue refunds) that they are welcome to resell their tickets at their cost plus whatever the law in their municipality allows.

In regards to my comment about what U2 may or may not think, I am very sure they would approve of my actions and even encourage it as a way for fans to enjoy their concerts. No one is making any money off my auctions. My general comment, however, was aimed at the fact that I don't really care what U2 thinks about my buying tickets on the secondary market for my own personal use and enjoyment. It is my money that I am willing to spend, and am willing to take any risks or consequences that come with it. I am a smart shopper that has plenty of ebaying experience to draw upon. U2 could make their system more tight to fight scalpers, but they haven't...they could sell directly to the fans...they don't. For those that want to see multiple shows in multiple cities and countries, ebay is a blessing if not a vital part in the U2 experience. I don't buy from known scalpers, and don't encourage it.

Otherwise, you can take your uninformed and self righteous immature opinions and keep them to yourself. Calling me a scalper is not only ridiculous and rude...but makes a complete ass out of you. Keep it up though...I fully encourage assholes to keep up their beligerent ways...its funny.

''Thousands of tickets are exhanged daily on the secondary market. Look at Ebay, Craigslist, Overstock.com Auctions, StubHub, Yahoo Auctions, Interference, U2tours, and thousands of other fan sites where tickets are exhanged"

~And they get these tickets from people who as a majority, buy as many tickets as they can (indeed fund others to assist) most likely seek to profit, dont want to go to the show, may have no interest in any event they got tickets for and others then have to resort to ticket brokers.

"I have purchased for shows that I can no longer a) make time to get to b) afford c) have an interest in attending for whatever reason."

~As I said earlier I am not concerned with what i consider honest and fair reasons for selling tickets for an event you cannot attend and intended to. As you explained as the reasons for your purchase / sale.

"Calling me a scalper is not only ridiculous and rude...I fully encourage assholes to keep up their beligerent ways...its funny. "

~I'm sorry if calling you a scalper is rude , espeacilly since calling me an asshole is ... not?

Last edited:
In all fairness is isn't rude, if you had already said something offensive to provoke it.

Lancemc said:
In all fairness is isn't rude, if you had already said something offensive to provoke it.

so..1 wrong makes 1 right ?

becoz 2 wrongs don't (and I include myself as drawing the first line of offense)

Your logic is both circular and lacking both proof in anecdotal and scientic form, Doppleganger...what exactly is your point?

The thread was started as a discussion point of good deals found on ebay. I cannot fathom many getting good deals on ebay from scalpers, so therefore your rant has little to do with the conversation. What does commercial scalping and fighting it one person at a time have to do with some of us being elated at finding great deals on ebay?

Your loss leader argument is trivial at best, and you haven't provided any other further explanation of where your claims are coming from. Yes we all know that scalping runs wild...it is legal however, and none of us on here have taken part in it actively or willingly. We agree that scalping is, in its very essence, stealing from those that care the most....but you have failed to demonstrate any connection between our expereinces and commercial scalping.

I am making an attempt to engage again in civil discussion, but will deviate again if you insist on referring to me as a scalper just because I disagree with you.

Please explain clearly what your contention is so that we can have a debate about this if you so desire.

my concern is strictly with those who purchase tickets for resale from any point of purchase and through any method of resale

my concern is not with those who simply cannot attend an event due to any myriad of reasons life may present, and then choose to try and recoup their purchase, allow some one who would of otherwise paid a more exorberant price to see an event or may not have been able to attend at all.

my theory is that the group i beleive you are in, those who planned to attend but could not, are the minority, ergo,the majority, in my opinion, are seeking a profit

Last edited:
Perhaps...

But that would exclude any ability on the behalf of the fan to decide for himself what is or what is not a good deal. No one buys a ticket that they don't feel is a good deal. Regardless of how they justify it or rationalize, they are willing to pay whatever they paid. Therefore they are agreeing to the fact that this particular event, TO THEM, is worth that much money.

To me the problem lays not with those who are making the purchases (because people pay for luxeries daily) but those that are selling at a profit and only for that reason. Here we agree.

We do not agree, I don't think, in the fact that stopping buying on Ebay will do anything to affect the scalpers. Just because one over pays doesn't make it wrong. Unfavorable? Sure...but not morally wrong.

The best case scenario is to deal with this at a distribution level. Ticketmaster (for all it's faults) is the best of the worst in a manner of speaking. It provides the most people with the most tickets in the shortest and most convenient way while being a relatively safe transaction. Has it been hacked? Yes! Of Course! Does Ticketmaster actively spend millions every year in trying to outwit the ever changing scalper? Yes.

What we need is a direct to fan ticket selling system. U2 sells their tickets directly to its fan club member first and they are the only outlet for the tickets. This I fear, may never happen, as it is too convenient and business saavy to allow Ticketmaster sell their tickets for them. I refuse to believe (based on first hand experience of working with and for Ticketmaster) that they are in bed actively with scalpers. Yes, some corruption at an outlet and box office level is likely to occur, but Ticketmaster is not selling off their tickets to scalpers INSTEAD of the general public.

Ebay, to me is a great tool, that essentially makes the playing field flat again for me. I will only purchase tickets in sections that I want for prices that I feel are reasonable. Much more flexibility offered to me by either U2 or Ticketmaster. It allows me to control at least one aspect of my U2 experience.

You are one of two things if you pay exorbitant prices on Ebay 1) stupid 2)wealthy. In either case...it's their money.

your points sir are well made and well taken

indeed idigress to say that i even agree with "...the fact that stopping buying on Ebay will do anything to affect the scalpers. Just because one over pays doesn't make it wrong. Unfavorable? Sure...but not morally wrong.''

thanks for your perseverence as i now feel we both have educated others accordingly

take care

the ghost you have no idea you parlayed with the real doppelganger's bono i was

Doppelgang said:

Is this directed to me? Im sorry, I thought we were not allowed to post names of other specific sites, i dont have a problem at all with telling you where I found it. It was buyselltix.com. People looking for tix might check there before buying from a scalper/broker because my experience with the seller was totally great. If you find one listed by an individual, you need to do whatever it says to get their email address and then you contact them privately. I highly recommend it.

In my opinion it is simple supply and demand or capitalism. I'll not be worrying about my apparently not so high morals while I am enjoying my concert.:madspit: :wink:

Last edited:
So, back to the topic at hand....

Do you think better deals are to be had closer to the concert date or is it random?

Back
Top Bottom