Australia? New Zealand? Japan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shag On A Rock said:
Bloody, bloody, bloody, USA again. :mad:

Just Hawaii though isn't it?

If that show is on that should bode well for the rest of the postponed ones too. They certainly won't just do Hawaii and if they pick up where they left off, it fits the time-frame we've been hearing about -- the November/early December one.

I still think that once Bono said the rescheduled dates would be announced soon that U2 (you know, the corporate U2) should have made periodic announcements that the rescheduling process was being worked on, but not yet ready to be announced. No mention of the original reason for the postponement would have to be made, yet it would show a bit of care and concern for the people who have purchased tickets and made plans which are now up in the air. It's not as if U2 is now just four guys -- they have a whole organisation around them. certainly someone could have said "we're working on it folks!"

I know. I was just joking about the USA thing. If U2 play Hawaii then they should also play the rest of the venues that were postponed.

And yes, a message from U2.com along the lines of "we haven't forgotten, we're still working on it, we'll get back to you as soon as we can" every few weeks or so would be lovely. It' should cost U2 any/much money to add a couple of lines to their website every once in a while.

Well, you certainly don't want stinky fans.... :wink:

indra said:

I still think that once Bono said the rescheduled dates would be announced soon that U2 (you know, the corporate U2) should have made periodic announcements that the rescheduling process was being worked on, but not yet ready to be announced. No mention of the original reason for the postponement would have to be made, yet it would show a bit of care and concern for the people who have purchased tickets and made plans which are now up in the air. It's not as if U2 is now just four guys -- they have a whole organisation around them. certainly someone could have said "we're working on it folks!"

Except no one complained about corporate U2 or, I don't know, Fogel/Coppel, everyone is busy lynching Bono. No one said "I want info from their management or the promotors" (who do you think said "November" to Bono in the first place?), all we keep hearing is "damn Bono."

Imagine the uproar though, had we gotten zero info on a) intending to finish the tour at all, and b) November time frame.

In a situation like this, I think care and concern goes to the health issues that caused this delay rather than fans' money.

"we're working on it"? What do you think they're doing? They will announce the dates when they're 100% finalised.
A "we're working on it" repeated memo won't last a very long time, too.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

Except no one complained about corporate U2 or, I don't know, Fogel/Coppel, everyone is busy lynching Bono. No one said "I want info from their management or the promotors" (who do you think said "November" to Bono in the first place?), all we keep hearing is "damn Bono."

It doesn't take much brainpower to figure out why: Bono's the one who went mouthing off on national TV about an "imminent" release of November dates "maybe tomorrow" about 1.5 months ago.

And personally, I've often referred to "Bono and Co." Have a guess who "and Co." refers to!

In a situation like this, I think care and concern goes to the health issues that caused this delay rather than fans' money.

I am sick and bloody tired of this argument. It's totally irrelevant. Everyone can care as much as they possibly can about health issues and that won't stop them from saying "the current status of the tour is: new dates being organised/postponed indefinitely/cancelled/whatever."

"we're working on it"? What do you think they're doing?

WE DON'T KNOW. Duh.

^ It sucks, Axver.:sigh:

Shag On A Rock said:

I'm quite partial to these tips. Hey Shag, for Sydney 2, you do the gold and I'll do the silver: :wink:

"Dressing up your fans:

Paint the blades, gold, or silver, or a matching color.

Glue a sequin (10mm) to the center of each eye on each side (or several sequins). Use jewel glue for this or Tulip sparkle."

U2girl said:

Imagine the uproar though, had we gotten zero info on a) intending to finish the tour at all, and b) November time frame.

"we're working on it"? What do you think they're doing? They will announce the dates when they're 100% finalised.
A "we're working on it" repeated memo won't last a very long time, too.

Because Bono was the one who opened his big mouth. You would think after decades in the public eye he would know better. And once Bono opened his big mouth corporate U2 should have stepped in to clarify what was really going on. Not with the original situation which caused the delay, there is no need to mention that at all, and there is no need to tell any nitty gritty details of the rescheduling process, but with a very simple "we're still thinking about you and working on the situation." Not everyone would be satisfied with this, but most people would be and it would allow them a measure of relief to know that something they have looked forward to for so long isn't just being forgotten about.

As for care and concern -- why do you seem to think that wanting info about the tour or at least reassurance that U2 is still working on the rescheduling makes someone a heartless bastard? A guy I know, a musician and artist, has a couple of daughters currently facing life threatening health issues. When I first learned about this my immediate concern was for his girls' health and for him (and the girls' mum) and of course I continue to think of them every single day and send my best wishes to them every day.

However, I'm also a fan of his music (plus I'm also his art manager, so I like that a lot too ;) ) so I am interested to know if and/or when they will tour in the US this year. I still want to see the band play if I can, but I need time to make arrangements so I can go to some of the shows (plus I may be able to work out an exhibition of his artwork too, so that would benefit him too). I don't think that makes me heartless. I can multitask -- I'm quite capable of being concerned for my friend and his children while still wanting to know if the band is going to tour. I believe other fans of the band are also capable of such multitasking.

And I'm sure the people who just want to be reassured that the U2 concerts they have been waiting so long to see are indeed going to be rescheduled and not canceled are also quite capable of caring about the ill U2 relative while being interested in knowing what's going on with the tour.

Axver said:

It doesn't take much brainpower to figure out why: Bono's the one who went mouthing off on national TV about an "imminent" release of November dates "maybe tomorrow" about 1.5 months ago.

Three guesses where he got that info. "Imminent" and "maybe tomorrow" isn't definite confirmation anyway.

And personally, I've often referred to "Bono and Co." Have a guess who "and Co." refers to!

Except the "Co." part somehow managed to escape the "liar" label. Just because they were not the ones going public with the info? Shouldn't they be saying something now, seeing as they're in charge of booking and announcing dates?

I am sick and bloody tired of this argument. It's totally irrelevant. Everyone can care as much as they possibly can about health issues and that won't stop them from saying "the current status of the tour is: new dates being organised/postponed indefinitely/cancelled/whatever."

Good for you.
I'm sure your money and time is more important than the big picture. "New dates being organised" message won't work all the time, either. Sooner or later people will want more info than that. "Give us something definite or don't say anything at all", remember?

WE DON'T KNOW. Duh.

Missed Rocko Reedy's note in April? The tentative date for Hawaii?
Unless you have some special info that they officially stopped working on the dates and that the tour isn't happening...you're in no position to know.

Last edited:
indra said:

Because Bono was the one who opened his big mouth. You would think after decades in the public eye he would know better. And once Bono opened his big mouth corporate U2 should have stepped in to clarify what was really going on. Not with the original situation which caused the delay, there is no need to mention that at all, and there is no need to tell any nitty gritty details of the rescheduling process, but with a very simple "we're still thinking about you and working on the situation." Not everyone would be satisfied with this, but most people would be and it would allow them a measure of relief to know that something they have looked forward to for so long isn't just being forgotten about.

As for care and concern -- why do you seem to think that wanting info about the tour or at least reassurance that U2 is still working on the rescheduling makes someone a heartless bastard?

And I'm sure the people who just want to be reassured that the U2 concerts they have been waiting so long to see are indeed going to be rescheduled and not canceled are also quite capable of caring about the ill U2 relative while being interested in knowing what's going on with the tour.

I thought I already addressed the "corporate U2 and Bono mouth" thing.

Unless you know for sure, don't asssume the tour isn't happening/being worked on. I guess you think the tentative Hawaii date and Rocko Reedy note was also just opening a big mouth?

I don't remember saying/thinking "heartless bastard" to anyone. That is not what I said re: care and concern.

Last edited:
Just a note to add that we in Australia/New Zealand are especially sensitive to not having any news, or in particular to the possibility of the tour being cancelled because we have been in the position once before, ie Elevation being considered for Oz and then cancelled outright.

Right, OK now Ticketek have said that November is the month. Hawaii's got the "tentative" December date. It's still hardly concrete, is it? Really, is it any wonder we are feeling fraught! :grumpy:

U2girl said:

I thought I already addressed the "corporate U2 and Bono mouth" thing.

Unless you know for sure, don't asssume the tour isn't happening/being worked on. I guess you think the tentative Hawaii date and Rocko Reedy note was also just opening a big mouth?

I don't remember saying/thinking "heartless bastard" to anyone. That is not what I said re: care and concern.

And I addressed my point of view on the corporate U2 and Bono issue too. I feel the band's public relations sucks on this issue. It would have been so very easy to just put a simple notice on U2.com.

I didn't assume anything. What I was trying to point out is that most of the people who are affected by this postponement, that is the people with tickets and blown plans, would really like some assurances by the band (someone official, doesn't need to be a band member) that yes things are really happening. And even if things are being worked on in the background it would not kill the band to show a bit of compassion to their fans and tell them that the process is still moving forward. All they want is some assurance that it is actually happening -- and silence, especially when a band member went on a very popular and well regarded show and said something would most likely be announced in a very few days (he said that coming Tuesday didn't he?) isn't at all reassuring. You want people to show "care and concern" for U2's issues, but you don't seem to have any compassion for the thousands of people who also have very real issues of their own.

I think it's great that the people planning on Hawaii finally have some semi-official news. But it's been a hell of a long wait until "next Tuesday." The fans shouldn't have been left hanging that long -- and of course, the people waiting for the NZ, AUS and Japanese dates are still hanging.

Originally posted by U2girl

Ah yes, the lovely care and concern should be with the health issues and not the fans' money bit. How utterly condescending. Do you not think people have the right to wonder and worry about the money they spent on tickets, hotel rooms and travel? Do you not think people can worry about something they want badly to do (go to a U2 concert) and still care about whatever U2 family member is ill? No, you didn't use the words "heartless bastards" but what you insinuated was the same.

The point I was trying to make is that it isn't an either/or proposition. People can do both, as I pointed out when I told you about my friend and his daughters. If I can care deeply about my friend and his children (and he knows I do) yet still want to know about the tour his band is supposed to be doing later this year, then what makes you think people who like U2 can't do the same thing in regard to U2? Do you think that U2 attracts such shallow people they cannot possibly have two or more concerns in their minds at the same time?

Can't you you do that? Can't you care deeply about someone else, yet still care about yourself? If you can't, how do you function in life?

Ah, it's not my concern...if U2 never toured again it wouldn't affect me personally. But it would cause some people I like great disappointment and I feel for them. I don't think they should be made to feel like bad people because they care about themselves. :shrug:

U2girl, do the world a favour and quote properly. I can't bloody quote your reply if it's trapped within a quote already. I'd rather not do all the work of copy-and-pasting, especially when it's a reply that I think is flagrantly wrong and barely worth my time.

Three guesses where he got that info. "Imminent" and "maybe tomorrow" isn't definite confirmation anyway.

Don't act as if you don't know the connotations of "imminent" and "maybe tomorrow". When someone tells you "maybe tomorrow", no reasonable person expects that statement to be followed by 1.5 months of total silence.

Except the "Co." part somehow managed to escape the "liar" label. Just because they were not the ones going public with the info?

How can I call "Co." a liar when they didn't go on national TV and tell a lie? You can't be a liar unless you tell a lie; Bono lied and thus I'll call him a liar. If Michael Coppel were on Denton and had said the same thing, I'd be saying he's a lying prick too. But he didn't so he isn't.

I'm sure your money and time is more important than the big picture.

... what the hell? All I said is that caring about health and desiring a statement about the status of the tour are not mutually exclusive concepts. I don't know what the hell you're on about.

"New dates being organised" message won't work all the time, either. Sooner or later people will want more info than that. "Give us something definite or don't say anything at all", remember?

I'll say it again: Give us something definite or don't say anything at all. No bullshit about "imminent" dates "maybe tomorrow". A definite statement, even if it's just "the tour is currently indefinitely postponed" or "dates are presently being organised and will be released as soon as they have been finalised". That's definite. No maybes, no bullshit.

Missed Rocko Reedy's note in April? The tentative date for Hawaii?

Proves nothing. As indefinite as Bono mouthing off on Denton.

Unless you have some special info that they officially stopped working on the dates and that the tour isn't happening...you're in no position to know.

You can't prove they're still working on it either. Well, the tentative Hawaii date is a helpful sign. But there is no evidence to say this ISN'T a softening tactic before they pull the plug.

Axver said:
U2girl, do the world a favour and quote properly. I can't bloody quote your reply if it's trapped within a quote already. I'd rather not do all the work of copy-and-pasting, especially when it's a reply that I think is flagrantly wrong and barely worth my time.

Don't act as if you don't know the connotations of "imminent" and "maybe tomorrow". When someone tells you "maybe tomorrow", no reasonable person expects that statement to be followed by 1.5 months of total silence.

How can I call "Co." a liar when they didn't go on national TV and tell a lie? You can't be a liar unless you tell a lie; Bono lied and thus I'll call him a liar. If Michael Coppel were on Denton and had said the same thing, I'd be saying he's a lying prick too. But he didn't so he isn't.

... what the hell? All I said is that caring about health and desiring a statement about the status of the tour are not mutually exclusive concepts. I don't know what the hell you're on about.

I'll say it again: Give us something definite or don't say anything at all. No bullshit about "imminent" dates "maybe tomorrow". A definite statement, even if it's just "the tour is currently indefinitely postponed" or "dates are presently being organised and will be released as soon as they have been finalised". That's definite. No maybes, no bullshit.

Proves nothing. As indefinite as Bono mouthing off on Denton.

You can't prove they're still working on it either. Well, the tentative Hawaii date is a helpful sign. But there is no evidence to say this ISN'T a softening tactic before they pull the plug.

All I did was insert my replies onto your quoted reply, using italic writing for easier distinction. :shrug: It's not that hard to copy and paste anyway. If the reply wasn't "worth your time", why bother?

"Maybe" and "iminnent tomorrow" doesn't mean definite. You already agreed on this before. The silence will be broken once they have finalised the dates.

It's true Bono went public with the info, but I think whoever gave him that info is just as much to blame. (and more, as they have been quiet ever since) It is not his job to announce/book dates.

"desiring a statement about the status of the tour?" I must have missed this behind all the "damn you Bono" screaming.

"the tour is currently indefinitely postponed" ? they already said the tour is postponed:

or "dates are presently being organised and will be released as soon as they have been finalised" - how is this definite? I would call a definite info on the tour dates and venues, from either Coppel/Fogel and/or U2.com or their management.

Maybe not definite, but Rocko Reedy is one of the most important people in organising U2 tours (so I would think he has more inside info than any of us) and in addition he willl open the Hawaii show. I don't think he was mouthing off.

Right, we have a tentative date for Hawaii and Rocko Reedy said last month he's still opening for U2 because they're NOT coming.

indra said:

And I addressed my point of view on the corporate U2 and Bono issue too. I feel the band's public relations sucks on this issue. It would have been so very easy to just put a simple notice on U2.com.

I didn't assume anything. What I was trying to point out is that most of the people who are affected by this postponement, that is the people with tickets and blown plans, would really like some assurances by the band (someone official, doesn't need to be a band member) that yes things are really happening. And even if things are being worked on in the background it would not kill the band to show a bit of compassion to their fans and tell them that the process is still moving forward. All they want is some assurance that it is actually happening -- and silence, especially when a band member went on a very popular and well regarded show and said something would most likely be announced in a very few days (he said that coming Tuesday didn't he?) isn't at all reassuring. You want people to show "care and concern" for U2's issues, but you don't seem to have any compassion for the thousands of people who also have very real issues of their own.

I think it's great that the people planning on Hawaii finally have some semi-official news. But it's been a hell of a long wait until "next Tuesday." The fans shouldn't have been left hanging that long -- and of course, the people waiting for the NZ, AUS and Japanese dates are still hanging.

Ah yes, the lovely care and concern should be with the health issues and not the fans' money bit. How utterly condescending. Do you not think people have the right to wonder and worry about the money they spent on tickets, hotel rooms and travel? Do you not think people can worry about something they want badly to do (go to a U2 concert) and still care about whatever U2 family member is ill? No, you didn't use the words "heartless bastards" but what you insinuated was the same.

The point I was trying to make is that it isn't an either/or proposition. People can do both, as I pointed out when I told you about my friend and his daughters. If I can care deeply about my friend and his children (and he knows I do) yet still want to know about the tour his band is supposed to be doing later this year, then what makes you think people who like U2 can't do the same thing in regard to U2? Do you think that U2 attracts such shallow people they cannot possibly have two or more concerns in their minds at the same time?

Can't you you do that? Can't you care deeply about someone else, yet still care about yourself? If you can't, how do you function in life?

Ah, it's not my concern...if U2 never toured again it wouldn't affect me personally. But it would cause some people I like great disappointment and I feel for them. I don't think they should be made to feel like bad people because they care about themselves. :shrug:

Exactly! But all I have seen is the anti-Bono campaign.

You said people would like a reassurance they're not being forgotten. This, to me, sounds like you already assumed and decided the tour isn't happening.

Believe it or not, I am sorry people's plans fell through and that they spent their time and money on the shows. That said, I think it's not unfair to say whatever they've been through doesn't come close to what the band member's family with the health issue has been through. I think just as much flak Bono's been getting for all of this, should go to their management and Fogel/Coppel (best part is some of the loudest people have already seen Vertigo tour shows). You know, a more reasonable direction and proportion of emotions. I also think we're lucky any dates of this tour have been played at all. If that's condescending (btw, funny you of all people should call others condescending)...again, quit putting words "heartless bastards" in my mouth.
I think it's rather interesting how we went from 100% support at the first news of this delay (and the first postponing news in March) to almost 100% "liars won't say anything" mentality.

I'm guessing if Hawaill - the last show - has a tentative date, the NZ/Japan and Australia dates aren't that far behind. You don't think they'll just play Hawaii, right? For all we know, they may add dates.
And I'd rather have a longer wait and a firm date than a short wait and another postponing.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

Exactly! But all I have seen is the anti-Bono campaign.

You said people would like a reassurance they're not being forgotten. This, to me, sounds like you already assumed and decided the tour isn't happening.

Believe it or not, I am sorry people's plans fell through and that they spent their time and money on the shows. That said, I think it's not unfair to say whatever they've been through doesn't come close to what the band member's family with the health issue has been through. I think just as much flak Bono's been getting for all of this, should go to their management and Fogel/Coppel (best part is some of the loudest people have already seen Vertigo tour shows). You know, a more reasonable direction and proportion of emotions. I also think we're lucky any dates of this tour have been played at all. If that's condescending (btw, funny you of all people should call others condescending)...again, quit putting words "heartless bastards" in my mouth.
I think it's rather interesting how we went from 100% support at the first news of this delay (and the first postponing news in March) to almost 100% "liars won't say anything" mentality.

I'm guessing if Hawaill - the last show - has a tentative date, the NZ/Japan and Australia dates aren't that far behind. You don't think they'll just play Hawaii, right? And I'd rather have a longer wait and a firm date than a short wait and another postponing.

Yes, I know, I'm a condescending, sanctimonious, bitch. (we'll just shorten it to CSB, shall we?) :)

If saying what I think means I'm a CSB, then that's perfectly fine with me. But if that's what gets one considered a CSB perhaps you should watch out too, eh? :wink:

I'm not going to change your mind, and you certainly aren't going to change mine, so there you go. I think U2 handled the delay badly, no matter what the reason for it.

Perhaps U2 need to hire one of those crisis mangement/PR firms for advice, or perhaps they have and this is the result. :shrug:

Axver said:
You can't be a liar unless you tell a lie

Definite statements help too, and the deliberate intention to deceit. IMO

Oh and I think that "November, dates to be finalised soon" may have been the state of things at the time. Who knows what has happened since?

Last edited:
indra said:

Yes, I know, I'm a condescending, sanctimonious, bitch. (we'll just shorten it to CSB, shall we?) :)

If saying what I think means I'm a CSB, then that's perfectly fine with me. But if that's what gets one considered a CSB perhaps you should watch out too, eh? :wink:

I'm not going to change your mind, and you certainly aren't going to change mine, so there you go. I think U2 handled the delay badly, no matter what the reason for it.

:huh:

Haha, thanks Kelly for bringing us back on topic. I came here wondering if there was any gossip and all I get is two pages of tl;dr posts and petty bickering over the same old topics. :blahblah:

I haven't heard anything solid yet, although I did call Ticketek last week and they're still saying November.

Last edited:
you know what is really awful about this situation? the way we are turning on one another...

I hate the arguement that if you want info about the tour you don't care about Edge's girl. Communication wise, the two are totally unrelated.

I think a problem may be that Nov/Dec is currently a busy time for touring. Pearl Jam, Kylie and Robbie Williams will all be touring in that time. A promoter's dream... or is it a nightmare!

I wish after "2 MONTHS" U2 who say they care about their fans
mainly "BONO"put his his money where his bucket mouth is ! and announce new tour dates for Australia and NZ.
If rumours of November tour dates are to be believed, they will need to move their backsides SOON. !!

Any who agrees with me that they should announce the dates not portray the dates.
Im a patient person and surely , the people involved would know the child in ? and the status of her health now.
:mad:
I would not be so x about this a but its quite rare for U2 to get to australia, if they had given us "Elevation" i would not be complaining.
If they can do all this charity work what does that say about paying fans and U2s respect for us.
Anyone else who agrees? :mad:

Last edited:
trayzee said:
I wish after "2 MONTHS" U2 who say they care about their fans
mainly "BONO"put his his money where his bucket mouth is ! and announce new tour dates for Australia and NZ.
If rumours of November tour dates are to be believed, they will need to move their backsides SOON. !!

Any who agrees with me that they should announce the dates not portray the dates.
Im a patient person and surely , the people involved would know the child in ? and the status of her health now.
:mad:
I would not be so x about this a but its quite rare for U2 to get to australia, if they had given us "Elevation" i would not be complaining.
If they can do all this charity work what does that say about paying fans and U2s respect for us.
Anyone else who agrees? :mad:
"I'll give you everything you want ; Except the thing that you want.

Back
Top Bottom