3rd new york show, U2 play songs which many said they want...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
and now they are getting ripped apart on u2tours.com for "going through the motions" again,

i could have sworn people here wanted to hear zoo station, the fly, bad and 40

KUEF -

Yeah - I think we all need to be happy how the band IS switching up the songs (in the encore at least.) It is definitely more randomness than we have seen in past tours.

However, it would be nice if they were to throw a wrench in the main set at least for the last show.

Besides switching up the 'old song' (Electric Co. vs. Iwill Follow) the rest of the main set is identical. I mean this is like going to see a Broadway show. How many times can you go to the same show?

I think there are a lot of NY'ers going to multiple shows, and to see the same thing until about 11:00PM - is kind of like going through the motions.

This tour coul dhave been called:

Encoretigo '05
Encorevation
Encoremart
EncoreTV
The Encore Tree
The Encore Fire
Encore
Encore

Hey, the setlist was awesome IMO but it's New York and New Yorkers are expected to be tough. It's normal behavior ;)

ouizy said:
KUEF -

Yeah - I think we all need to be happy how the band IS switching up the songs (in the encore at least.) It is definitely more randomness than we have seen in past tours.

However, it would be nice if they were to throw a wrench in the main set at least for the last show.

Besides switching up the 'old song' (Electric Co. vs. Iwill Follow) the rest of the main set is identical. I mean this is like going to see a Broadway show. How many times can you go to the same show?

I think there are a lot of NY'ers going to multiple shows, and to see the same thing until about 11:00PM - is kind of like going through the motions.

This tour coul dhave been called:

Encoretigo '05
Encorevation
Encoremart
EncoreTV
The Encore Tree
The Encore Fire
Encore
Encore
fair enough, but its fair to say U2 have NEVER caterd for the people that go to multiple shows, they cater for the people that are just going to ONE show, which imo is pretty fair

heres a nice little quote that even goes against "mixing up"

"I would have loved to have heard, the First Time, Crumbs or Fast Cars but overall I loved the experience. I have seen them in the Meadowlands and the Garden. There is nothing like them in the Garden. I wish I was going again this tour."

KUEFC09U2 said:
heres a nice little quote that even goes against "mixing up"

"I would have loved to have heard, the First Time, Crumbs or Fast Cars but overall I loved the experience. I have seen them in the Meadowlands and the Garden. There is nothing like them in the Garden. I wish I was going again this tour."

I think u are like me KUEF - I read all the reviews on u2tours too!:nerd:

Aardvark747 said:

I think u are like me KUEF - I read all the reviews on u2tours too!:nerd:
lets look at it this way, if i had just gotted into U2, and was going to my first show this year, knowing about such classics as pride, streets, one, and even bullet to a point, and its already a given that the main set will feature the newer album more so than not, i wouldnt be to happy going for the first time and not hearing the classics,

all i can say is if people are complaining about the "static" main set, then why not go all the way back and start doing it for ZooTv

I think it's safe to say that U2 is never going to fully satisfy every single person sitting in the arena (I am not even getting into the setlist weenies that sit at home and complain about the setlist... you know who you are :wink: )

It's just impossible with a fan base as whiney... erm... I mean diverse as theirs...

Miroslava said:
I think it's safe to say that U2 is never going to fully satisfy every single person sitting in the arena (I am not even getting into the setlist weenies that sit at home and complain about the setlist... you know who you are :wink: )

It's just impossible with a fan base as whiney... erm... I mean diverse as theirs...
yep spot on, but do people really need to pick at the band at EVERY chance? i mean at LEAST going to a show is a bloody good night out, and something you dont get to do every night

I think u are like me KUEF - I read all the reviews on u2tours too!:nerd: [/B][/QUOTE]

Who doesn't ??? :ohmy:

I read in french fan site someone who said that we should enjoy the show as it is now, because in a couple of years when they will have stop touring, we'll probably agree to pay $1000 just to hear Streets:drool: only once more ...

I exactly feel like this now :combust:

fuck all of 'em with their changing setlist bullshit whining...

i've gone to all three shows, and each setlist was different, esp. the encores. i understand most of the main set is going to be the same... that's cool. they're all great songs anyway. but every single encore for each of these shows has been completley different from the last... closing with with or without you friday, closing with 40 saturday, closing with bad AND a full version of 40 monday... awesome. simply awesome.

anyone who's bitching about the last three shows needs their head checked.

i'll give the complainers this... the band didn't go out on the ellipse as often monday as they usuall do... which was fine and dandy for me being right in front of the main stage and all... but even yahweh was played on the mainstage, not the tip of the ellipse. other than that small issue, there is no reason to complain about any of these shows.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i'll give the complainers this... the band didn't go out on the ellipse as often monday as they usuall do... which was fine and dandy for me being right in front of the main stage and all... but even yahweh was played on the mainstage, not the tip of the ellipse. other than that small issue, there is no reason to complain about any of these shows.

yes it was great last night and my seats in sec 78 were insane! so good Conan was a few rows behind me! However, it was irritating to me that noone in my section was into it at all until the end, I was a maniac and everyone kept looking at me funny for being so into it :huh: I've decided short or not I need to do GA and be where all the action is!

one4u2 said:

yes it was great last night and my seats in sec 78 were insane! so good Conan was a few rows behind me! However, it was irritating to me that noone in my section was into it at all until the end, I was a maniac and everyone kept looking at me funny for being so into it :huh: I've decided short or not I need to do GA and be where all the action is!

i was right near your section, only in the little circular doo-hickey elliptical thing. that's awesome that conan was right there... i wish i woulda known.

headache so it was a good show?

could it be possible that bono was feeling ill? hence not going out onto the ellipse as much? i think we just always take for granted that bono will always be running jumping etc, but if your ill, then it becomes alot harder, and i have heard he has been suffering with a head cold, and if thats true i never feel like doing ANYTHING when i have one, let alone getting up infront of 20,000 people and having to sing

KUEFC09U2 said:
headache so it was a good show?

could it be possible that bono was feeling ill? hence not going out onto the ellipse as much? i think we just always take for granted that bono will always be running jumping etc, but if your ill, then it becomes alot harder, and i have heard he has been suffering with a head cold, and if thats true i never feel like doing ANYTHING when i have one, let alone getting up infront of 20,000 people and having to sing

He was out and about for the beginning of the show! I'm surprised noone has mentioned the part where Bono choked and I thought he was going to pass out I think it was during pride :|

one4u2 said:

He was out and about for the beginning of the show! I'm surprised noone has mentioned the part where Bono choked and I thought he was going to pass out I think it was during pride :|

Did he choke? We were rear stage and couldn't see his face/what was going on from the front, but my friend and I thought the teleprompter had gone out and he spaced on the lyrics. I'd be curious to see what it appeared to be from the front.

mabel said:

Did he choke? We were rear stage and couldn't see his face/what was going on from the front, but my friend and I thought the teleprompter had gone out and he spaced on the lyrics. I'd be curious to see what it appeared to be from the front.

He was clearly choking for a minute and grabbed his throat then ran for water :slant:

See, from the rear, it looked more like he was just trying to collect himself (which I suppose is also true of the choking bit) after the "flub." It was hard to tell what happened from where we were, but both my friend and I immediately thought it was the teleprompter. Guess not...though my version is significantly more amusing. :wink:

Those New Yorkers were bitter after finding out their beloved New York Yankees lost their baseball series last night so they took it out on U2 :)

Headache in a Suitcase said:
fuck all of 'em with their changing setlist bullshit whining...

i've gone to all three shows, and each setlist was different, esp. the encores. i understand most of the main set is going to be the same... that's cool. they're all great songs anyway. but every single encore for each of these shows has been completley different from the last... closing with with or without you friday, closing with 40 saturday, closing with bad AND a full version of 40 monday... awesome. simply awesome.

anyone who's bitching about the last three shows needs their head checked.

Agreed. I've been at each show GA style. Each show has had it's own defining and distinct moments. However, the first 15 songs need to be thrown into a blender. Give us a Chicago style setlist is what I'm saying.

This is NOT a bitch post.

:wink:

mabel said:
See, from the rear, it looked more like he was just trying to collect himself (which I suppose is also true of the choking bit) after the "flub." It was hard to tell what happened from where we were, but both my friend and I immediately thought it was the teleprompter. Guess not...though my version is significantly more amusing. :wink:

I believe Bono was about to fuck up the lyrics, and made it seem like he choked. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :wink: It seems like Bono's been screwing up Pride pretty much the whole tour.

MTEdge said:

I believe Bono was about to fuck up the lyrics, and made it seem like he choked. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :wink: It seems like Bono's been screwing up Pride pretty much the whole tour.

no way, that did not seem like it was on purpose :eyebrow:

one4u2 said:

Bono choked during Pride at the 10/3 Boston show. Twice in a week? :hmm:

I wonder if this is a coincidence or maybe he's got an obstructed airway :wink:

Back
Top Bottom