3rd new york show, U2 play songs which many said they want...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually do not think anyone here has bitched lately, especially about the last three shows.

just pointed out some observations.

The setlists have been varied and really great **- i think all in NY are happy.

Even the lame as fucker reviewer at the NY POST (Who panned the Elevation tour) said that Friday's show was the best at the Garden this year.

**After 11:00 PM :madspit:

one4u2 said:

no way, that did not seem like it was on purpose :eyebrow:

While I can't speak in absolutes, I will say that Bono was about to sing the wrong lyrics, took a look at the teleprompter, and then coughed. Again, he's been screwing up Pride the whole tour.

MTEdge said:

While I can't speak in absolutes, I will say that Bono was about to sing the wrong lyrics, took a look at the teleprompter, and then coughed. Again, he's been screwing up Pride the whole tour.
yep your right, bono nearly chocked himself to death on purpose, and where has he messed up pride? the boots i have he sings the correct lyrics? if he was going to mess up, he would mess up like he always does and sing something else

KUEFC09U2 said:
yep your right, bono nearly chocked himself to death on purpose, and where has he messed up pride? the boots i have he sings the correct lyrics? if he was going to mess up, he would mess up like he always does and sing something else

Kuef, you make it sound like you were at the concert and were ready to perform the Heimlich. As I described before, Bono coughed to cover for screwing up the lyrics. He was faking it. There, I said it. It's too bad I wasn't recording it.

To correlate to my first post, that part of the show fell in the "distinct" category. They've performed PITNOL many times, but never have I seen Bono cough to avoid screwing up the lyrics in PITNOL. After the fake cough, Bono went on to hit the high notes in the PITNOL chorus with aplomb. It was frankly spine tingling. It appeared that he was pissed at himself and motivated himself higher just like in the 80's.

BTW, I do agree that Bono lyric screw-ups usually involve Bonolese, i.e., mock chanting. Zoo Station from last night is a great example of this. But Pride was a fake cough.

As for "teaser" footage from the concert, here's Bono "wow-ing" in amazement about how loud the crowd was. I have more, including Zoo Station (and the new visual treatment which mirrors the Eurigo version except on the light curtains) and will post once the run of concerts is over.

http://www.savefile.com/projects/306208

U2 just isn't that perfect mate. :|

Last edited:
Bono says "wow" at the end of streets at every show, at least most of the ones ive been to. he's good at planning these things to make the crowd feel good about themselves.

listen to the end of the 9/20 chicago mp3

"wow"

remember almost everything at a u2 concert is scripted, even these signs of "amazement".

Last edited:
buahaha, i just watched that video, he did the wow thing exactly the same way he did in chicago

Chizip said:
Bono says "wow" at the end of streets at every show, at least most of the ones ive been to. he's good at planning these things to make the crowd feel good about themselves.

"wow"

remember almost everything at a u2 concert is scripted, even these signs of "amazement".
or maybe he is amazed all the time? could happen

WildHoneyAlways said:
^just stop. really. it's old. :|
and the constant picking at bad points arent?

listen i really dont care anymore, am just trying to add to a debate

Chizip said:

"wow"

While that may be true, has Larry ever said "Thank you, [insert city name]" at the end of a concert? He did on Friday after WOWY. :wink:

Oh, I think Bono meant his "wow" last night as we got a full 40 after Bad. :drool:

Last edited:
If the entertainers can move an audience by doing whatever it takes to "move" the audience and make it feel good, even if it is a few "wow" comments at the end of songs, so be it...they have been successful and done their jobs. No one will ever be completely happy with a U2 performance. Take them as they come and enjoy them now.

Back
Top Bottom