Vertigo In Chicago - U2 Midwest Bash 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you interested in attending the U2-Midwest party?

• YES! I will definately be there!

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Maybe. I'm not sure yet.

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No. I hate U2 fan gatherings.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I need to know the details before I make solid plans.

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
:wave:

U2-Midwest is planning a fan gathering in Chicago which is tentatively scheduled for May 8th at a downtown location. All of the details are being worked out now. It's going to be an all-ages event that will be sure to top our "Elevation Celebration" of October 2001 to celebrate the third leg of the tour.

We're wondering how many people from here would be interested in attending.

The details will be posted on our site, and I'll be sure to post them here. (Check my sig for the link).

Thanks! :D

~J

P.S. You can e-mail me at achtungedge@aol.com if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Sure, I'll be there too!!
I just found out that a show was added on the 10th. But, that's sold out now too. Does anyone know when this show was announced?

That might be fun. The 8th is good, as long as it is early enough in the day. Maybe we can all head over to line up for GA when it's over? Or leave early to do that.

If I can get my husband to travel a day early we would probably want to be there.

msmarylynne said:
Sure, I'll be there too!!
I just found out that a show was added on the 10th. But, that's sold out now too. Does anyone know when this show was announced?

i think it was friday nite or saturday. i found out on saturday about 6 hours after tickets went on sale and they were already gone. i'm desperately trying to find one GA for the may 10th show. it sucks but i'll be at the arena anyway, ticket or no ticket on may 10th :wink: (i do have tix for the may 9th show).

i'll most likely be arriving in chicago sometime on may 8th, so i'm not sure if i'll be able to attend all of the celebrations or not.

This is so cool!!! I want to bring my 18yr old daughter, but the bars have a strict 21yr old policy. If this ends up being an all age event this would be incredible! We both went to Cleveland a while back for the fanfest and it was a blast! Would love to do it again in Chicago! Definitely count us in! Oh and two other fans I'm coming with!!!

I WILL FOLLOW ! :wink:

I'm coming home for the whole week (5 - 13 May) so that I can catch the vertigo of U2 in Chicago!

Like ABEL, I'm hoping somehow to get a GA for 10 May. So if anyone has one to sell - PLEASE contact me.

And ABEL - I hope you're still going forward with the Bono b-day card idea. :wink:

I'll be there. I do not have tickets to any Chicago show yet, but will hopefully have one by then.

Colin

I'll be there by myself on 5-9-5 from Tennessee.
When I arrive, I'll be too wired and worried to do anything but go to the gig and wait with the GA peops (I'm in the nosebleed, rear-stage, reserve section!).

But I would love an after-event with other elated fans who want to analyze the set list, get a drink, or camp outside their hotel to wish Bono Happy Birthday after midnight . . .

Back
Top Bottom