Nov. 18, Philips Arena in Atlanta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone on Zootopia is trying to get a "fan action" event together. For those who are interested:
http://www.u2.com/bbs/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1650970/an/0/page/0#1650970

Edit: :mad: well, crap. u2.com won't let me post a direct link to the thread.
Anyway, it's in a thread called: Attention Atlanta Nov 18 & 19: ONE Idea
Do a search for Atlanta and it will pop up.

Edit#2: Oh wait, the link does work :huh:

Edit#3: Yeah, I won't be participating either, since I have a lack of $$ for t-shirts and will probably won't have time to change before the show, but it is a nice idea.

Edit#4: OK. The link doesn't work...or maybe it will if you're signed into u2.com? :angry:

Last edited:
Wow, Atlanta folk are pretty easy going eh? :wink:

The saturday Atlanta show will be the next one I'll be stressing about once Vegas is done, so any info on GA will be very much appreciated :hyper:

:lol: the first few posts have been a little "meh".

I would see the tribute band if I didn't have GA tix. I've always wanted a U2 tribute band to play up here so I could go see them. I'd sooo rockout. :nerd:

I'm just laughing cause we filled up a WHOLE thread about GA info, and then I searched for Atlanta and got this!

Works for me though :up:

Eh, not really, I just need to get past Vegas and then I'll come over here to freak out :happy:

I'm not going to worry too much about the GA line for Atlanta I. I can't get out of the class I have any earlier than 3pm, so I'll get there when I get there. I'm disappointed, but I'm not going to fail a class and spend another year in school for a U2 show. It's an ellipse or soundboard night for me, I guess.

Now, Atlanta II is another story. I'm waiting to see what other people are doing. I don't particularly care to camp overnight (or recommend it) in that area of town on cold concrete. I think I'll just be spending the night all warm and snug in a bed at my grandmother's and then go back to the arena the next morning to hang out with the peeps in line.

Well, I am only going to the show on the 19th, so I will be keeping a close eye as to how things go on the 18th and go from there. My flight arrives Friday night at 10:45 PM, so if I need to go straight to the venue from the airport, I am fully prepared to do that, though my preference would be to go to my nice and comfy hotel bed and just show up in the morning the next day :happy:

I got an "Event Reminder" email from Ticketmaster today. :hyper:
It's in 2 weeks! :hyper:

I thought surely there'd be more posts in here. It seemed like 2 months ago everybody and their cousin was going to this show.

For those of you who don't have GA tix, I think the pre-show tribute band thing is happening at Fado. They also have a party bus that you can read about here: http://www.fadoirishpub.com/fado_promotions.php?city=atlanta

I'll be keeping my ears open for any other pre-show activities around town.

I'm still going to call Philips in a week or so to check on some things.

Seriously, I hope there is a place to put our coats? Especially for a lot of us who aren't going to have cars there to put anything in. Guess that means I can't bring my books to study. I'll have a coat and camera and that's it. :|

But wow, Nov. 18 and 19 shows have always seemed SO far away and now it's just 2 weeks! :drool:

Yeah, if anyone doesn't have tickets, davefm will be giving away a ton from now until then.

They have some U2 party at all the Meehan's giving away tickets .....sometime. :laugh:

Well, you know, Atlanta is a place where you wear shorts and t-shirts on Thanksgiving day and sometimes even Christmas.
I think it will probably be in the upper 60's that week. I just hope there's no rain.

I hope I didn't just jinx things. :uhoh:

I'm also hoping that Atlanta will be where they unveil a new song or two. Hey, it's happened before... There was My Sweet Lord at the last Elevation show and 40 was played for the first time in a kagillion years on Popmart. Just to make people who might be around me aware, I will be screeching my lungs out if this happens so you might not want to have any recording equipment around me. I apologize ahead of time.

Last edited:
:wave:

I'm officially going to the Atlanta II show now! :hyper: and still hoping to get a ticket to Friday night as well...

And I need a buddy as I'll be all alone... where are people meeting up to hang out? I'd love to meet some other Interferencers while I'm up there! :)

Yeah, I hope things aren't jinxed! :wink:

Forecast is rain on Monday and Tuesday of next week....:huh:

:crossesfingers:

Iris, I would like to see you. Maybe you can stop by the GA line right before. I can call you.

If that doesn't work out though, you can just look for my sign once the show starts.

:sexywink:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

Hippy, I want to meet you. I will be at both shows. I am taking my nephew to the Friday show but will be on my on for the Sat show. So I will be able to meet some folks on Sat.

:up:

I'm planning on being at both shows :yes: And I'll have nothing to do all day on Saturday! We should all exchange #s etc so we can catch up!

Miroslava, are you GAing? Or do you want to hang out? :D

:hyper:

Anyone know of someone wanting to get rid of any ticket for Friday night? I'm in need and the broker prices just went up dramatically :huh:

Back
Top Bottom