May 12th, United Center in Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm lucky enough to have GA's for this day as well, but will not be able to get in-line untila bout 1-2pm :( I'll be camping out extra early for the Monday show to make up for it ;) Besides, I think it'll be fun to see the difference inside and outside the heart egg, or whatever.
Look forward to see some of you there!

My brother & I are planning on being there this day, hopefully with GA's. This will be our first U2 show for this tour :happy: We will be arriving on the 11th, early afternoon..
anybody know what hotel to stay at? Something close to the boys preferrably..:wink:

Anyone know any good bars or resteraunts nearby that us U2 nuts can take over and have a good party? :evil:

This is for the May 12th show, by the way.

That's All...

Hey PopMartian.

What kind/style of bar would you like.
I lived about 5 blocks from the United Center for the past 5 years (and in Chicago my whole life), so I know the area well.

I can provide a number of choices.

Thanks
Rob (rstahe1@uic.edu)

Sweet, Rob! I like just about anything. What do you reccommend? Do you think we could coax a local bar to slip "ZooTV- Live From Sidney" into their big tv's? :D

That's All...

Badgrrl77 said:
My brother & I are planning on being there this day, hopefully with GA's. This will be our first U2 show for this tour :happy: We will be arriving on the 11th, early afternoon..
anybody know what hotel to stay at? Something close to the boys preferrably..:wink:

Hey Badgrrl! Me and my older brother are doing the same thing, arriving on the 11th, early morning! My sister and my bro's girlfriend are coming, too.

Maybe we could all meet up? Rob should meet up with us, too. :)

That's All...

PoPMartian.
I'll post a list of places on here tomorrow.
Hmmmm...there may be some place that would be up for some ZooTV, I'll have to do some searching.

Rob

Any news about this? Me and my brother are coming over from The Netherlands and we would like to ´attend´. Thanks!

Have you found any cool resteraunts or bars yet, Rob? Everyone who has replied in this thread...we ALL have to meet up before the U2 show at some location! :) That would be a hell of a time!

That's All...

PopMartian33107 said:
Any info on any bars or resteraunts in the local Chicago area, Rob? It would be appreciated! :D

Hey PopMartian: where are you staying the city (what days will you be here too)?

I will post a list tonight.

Some possibilities near the United Center:

Bars:
Hawkeyes on Taylor St.
Moretti's at Jackson and Ashland
Cleo's on Chicago Ave.

ayearwome said:

Hey PopMartian: where are you staying the city (what days will you be here too)?

I will post a list tonight.

Some possibilities near the United Center:

Bars:
Hawkeyes on Taylor St.
Moretti's at Jackson and Ashland
Cleo's on Chicago Ave.

I'm coing in early Thursday, and staying until late Saturday night. Not sure where I'm staying yet. Same question for you: coming and staying?

Those all sound like great venues for us to hang out at. Hopefully they'll even let us pop a U2 video (POP maybe?) into the TV VCR.... :D

That's All!

Hey everyone, I'm visiting from the May 9th thread. Someone had the bright idea of creating a cell phone contact list, and I've volunteered to coordinate said list. If you'd like to participate, check out the "Going to Chicago? Cell phone contact list - join here!" thread in this forum.

Apologies if you've read this three times already--just trying to spread the word around. See you all in Chicago!

PopMartian33107 said:

I'm coing in early Thursday, and staying until late Saturday night. Not sure where I'm staying yet. Same question for you: coming and staying?

Those all sound like great venues for us to hang out at. Hopefully they'll even let us pop a U2 video (POP maybe?) into the TV VCR.... :D

That's All!

I live in Chicago and fortunately going to all 4 shows!!! I will post some more places you may be interested in that are in the downtown area and could be good for you for a post-U2 party thurs. or fri. night.

Regards.

I'm up for a gathering either prior to (I've got a seat - no GA :( ) or after the show. I'm on Kyra's contact list if you've gotten a copy. I used to live in Chicago for about 7 years so I can get around pretty well. I'm only going to the 5/12 show (couldn't get more vacation time), so my time in the city is limited this go-round. Ah well...

I'm up for a gathering as well, either before/after/both. I don't have any ideas at the moment...they say the memory is the first to go, I can't remember what comes next...

I am flying in from Nashville on the 12th at 1:30pm and flying back out Friday morning at 6:00am. I do not know anyone in Chicago and would like to meet up with some fans before and definitely after the show. I am not getting a hotel room and would really like to party with some fans into the morning before my flight home.

Cheers,
Drew

I haven't a clue how we'd organize this when we don't know what anyone looks like!

Maybe if we all meet next to the Michael Jordan statue after the show or something!

nobodysbabynow said:
I haven't a clue how we'd organize this when we don't know what anyone looks like!

Maybe if we all meet next to the Michael Jordan statue after the show or something!

If you'd like to arrange a get-together Thursday night, you can email me: _______ at juno dot com, with the blanks filled by my Interference screen name. Since it's probably too late for any new entries to get onto Kyra1's Chicago contact list, we can exchange cell phone numbers this way.

nobodysbabynow said:

That's a good idea. Here's a picture of me from two years ago:

Scan10008.jpg

I've put on a little weight since then, but basically look the same.

If you spot me, or if I spot you, be sure to say "Hello"! :)

nobodysbabynow said:

This is probably the best bet - I'll be wearing a black Vertigo tour baseball hat (w/ red bullseye on front), I have red hair and glasses, and I'll probably try to have some sort of Interference sign to tip off those that haven't read this thread. I'm looking forward to a great show (and hopefully a few surprises in the setlist)!

Attachments

• kevla.jpg
    kevla.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 39
My brother and I are from Holland and will be there on the 12th of may. It would be cool if we could meet some u2 worshippers in a bar near the arena....I heared a couple of stories about a very unsafe area nearby the arena..I'm pretty used to dangerous situations in Amsterdam and Rotterdam but is it that bad?

Hope anyone has some good advice about a nice pub or something....

Maybe see you in about 60 hours!!!!:drool:

Hey zwervers...sounds like we will all be meeting outside the arena next to the Michael Jordan statue after the show...

Drew

drewropa said:
Hey zwervers...sounds like we will all be meeting outside the arena next to the Michael Jordan statue after the show...

Drew

Okay cool!!!! Anybody knows where you can collect your tickets?
something like a boxoffice was mentoined. I problably should indentify myself with my creditcard and passport or something.

zwervers2 said:
My brother and I are from Holland and will be there on the 12th of may. It would be cool if we could meet some u2 worshippers in a bar near the arena....I heared a couple of stories about a very unsafe area nearby the arena..I'm pretty used to dangerous situations in Amsterdam and Rotterdam but is it that bad?

Hope anyone has some good advice about a nice pub or something....

Maybe see you in about 60 hours!!!!:drool:

When do you get into town, zwervers2? I'd like to get some people together before the show for some good 'ole Chicago-style pizza and beverages and U2 conversation if you're interested.

RedK66 said:

When do you get into town, zwervers2? I'd like to get some people together before the show for some good 'ole Chicago-style pizza and beverages and U2 conversation if you're interested.

wednesday around 1700hrs.....only 1 night sleep!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom