Cleveland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nurse chrissi said:

:hug: sweetie I know that you really want to get on stage with Bono and have him whisper sweet nothings in your ear - maybe it will happen tomorrow night :cute:

:wink:

I will be sending all my good vibes his way! :cute:

liljimbojr said:
My first post on Interference and I already made a mistake. I wanted to stay in this thread, but ended up in my own (little girl on stage). I'd like to thank Beverly56 and Miroslava for the photos already submitted. I'm also asking anyone else to send me any photos with my daughter Julia in them, since my camera ran out of film right after she got on stage. E-mail address is jephillips@buckeye-express.com. Also would like to say thanks to all the other hardcore U2 fans around me that made the stage thing possible. This would include John, Fake Bono, John's friend- the really tall guy. And a special thanks to the gym teacher from Toronto for giving my other daughter, Alyson the guitar pick since she didn't get on stage. Sorry I forgot some of your names.

Hey......It's Mark...Gabriel's friend. I wish I didn't get my camera bumped off of me.....or else I would have had some awesome pictures of your little girl. No worries about the pick. I actually didn't tell Gabriel about it until we got home. He would have killed me......but he realizes that it went to a good cause. Just remember...the pick isn't the regular tour picks that are handed out. Being an elementary school teacher, I know how siblings can be towards each other.....As a parent everyone should be leaving a concert like that in good spirits. That is the pick that is actually used on Bono's Gretch guitar.

As for everyone else...I've posted pictures on U2tours.com....and I am busy posting Buffalo. Look for my Buffalo Pics thread and Cleveland pics thread in a few days!

*sigh*

Hard to be 'off tour'

Solacevip
Mark Baker

solacevip said:

Hey......It's Mark...Gabriel's friend. I wish I didn't get my camera bumped off of me.....or else I would have had some awesome pictures of your little girl. No worries about the pick. I actually didn't tell Gabriel about it until we got home. He would have killed me......but he realizes that it went to a good cause. Just remember...the pick isn't the regular tour picks that are handed out. Being an elementary school teacher, I know how siblings can be towards each other.....As a parent everyone should be leaving a concert like that in good spirits. That is the pick that is actually used on Bono's Gretch guitar.

As for everyone else...I've posted pictures on U2tours.com....and I am busy posting Buffalo. Look for my Buffalo Pics thread and Cleveland pics thread in a few days!

*sigh*

Hard to be 'off tour'

Solacevip
Mark Baker

That was a very nice thing to do :up:

Love the pics of Edge's "music rising" guitar :bow:

Reading over this thread it is great to here all had wonderful Cleveland experiences! I am still in shock from being in the ellipse and echo the sentiments of how hard it is to be "off tour" :sad:. Big congrats to Miroslava for her sequel- you looked great up there!
Four years but great memories to carry me through......

Miroslava

Hey! After reading that you were #2 in line at the Pittsburgh show, I can finally thank you! You helped my group figure out the craziness of the GA line outside the arena. Also, after going to the Cleveland show this past weekend, I can see you're a lucky gal! I told some of my female friends about what happened between you and Bono during WOWY. Putting it lightly, they're jealous. Hope to run into you again in the (hopefully) near future!

Joe

PS: Thanks again for the help in the cold and driving rain!

Aw thanks! :) It has been indeed a crazy, crazy year...

Glad I could be of help as your local evil line enforcer. :D

Now where the hell do I hide this thread?

:hmm: :lol:

Hope you don't mind. I merged your thread with the Cleveland fan experiences thread. :D

Oh, and yes. Lucky is putting it midly at this point. I am fully expecting a piano to drop over my head any day now to pay back the universe, but that is fine. :)

Last edited:
Hey no problem at all. I'm the new kid on the block. For years I've always read what people have to say, but for some odd reason never posted before. So it's good to be here :wink:

If I want to share two drawings I did of Bono, where should I post? I'm still trying to get the feel for things around here and I'm anxious to share my art work!

Joe

Artwork, artwork... :hmm:

Let me think... I only got to about 3-4 areas of this place... :shifty:

ETA: I think you can open a thread in Everything You Know is Wrong or Pleba and be safe :D

Glad you have delurked :love:

Way ahead of ya! Check them out in Everything You Know Is Wrong. I'd be anxious to hear your thoughts!

Hey Cleveland peeps! Glad to see this thread is still going...kinda. The depression hasnt sunk in like it did after Pittsburgh and thats strange seeing how there's no more shows for me...maybe Christmas is giving me lots of other stuff to think about. I am devoting myself to adding to my (very small) U2 collection. We just got a 42" plasma hd tv, and I have yet to watch Chicago on it...merry christmas to me!

Anyway I just want to say how much I have enjoyed making all the new friends I have made during this tour, and I hope that we can perhaps talk from time to time in here. I wish you all the happiest of holidays!!

(p.s. watching HOUSE last night with Ed, there was 1 scene in 1 of the doctor's offices, and Ed says "THERE'S A VERTIGO POSTER ON HIS WALL!" I could not believe he spotted it and I didnt...but he said Hey, I was exposed to it all weekend!

Anyway...LOVE YOU GUYS! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Aw Beverly! :hug:

I would have like to have hung out more with the heater man and his ladies but someone had to wo(man) the front, and I guess that was us girls... Even if it was from inside the tent :shifty:

We scared a few people yelling instructions from in there :lol:

We might have to have a midwest get together next year. Party at Miroslava's!

:dancing:

:hug:

Miro that would be awesome :wink: but are you really prepared to house the GA line :lmao: and of course those with seats

I have not heard from thequeenofohioU has anyone heard from her?

Beverly I believe you were counting off your husband's nicknames, and I think you forgot one, I do recall hearing someone call him Repoman when he came and took away that which gave him the nickname heaterman :wink:

bono_212 said:
Miro that would be awesome :wink: but are you really prepared to house the GA line :lmao: and of course those with seats

I have not heard from thequeenofohioU has anyone heard from her?

Beverly I believe you were counting off your husband's nicknames, and I think you forgot one, I do recall hearing someone call him Repoman when he came and took away that which gave him the nickname heaterman :wink:

Well, I have a pretty decent sized basement... and hmm well we are used to pretty miserable conditions, we can dooooo it :wink:

And repoman :lmao:

alexdescending said:

i was on the direct opposite side of the ellipse from where bono was standing during that. i might have also been the only person doing the finger dance/wave at the time.

i wasn't even thinking about it. i just sort of pointed at him during one of the verses. and he said something about pointing, so i did it again. and then he, like, flirted at me from across the entire ellipse and went into this huge improv and maybe he was talking to somebody else, but i can't help but wonder. he was clearly looking across, not down.

i need media of this. it was entirely surreal.

Here you go:
http://save file.com/files/5668186

(Just remove the space b/t save and file)

I have more at my Live Journal (http://www.livejournal.com/users/skylark74/133838.html) & am uploading more clips now. I'll post the link to the new stuff momentarily.

EDIT: The other Cleveland video clips are here - http://www.livejournal.com/users/skylark74/133959.html

Last edited:
It is quite the combination of suffering and bliss to watch those videos!! Thank you for posting and sharing them, skylark. I have trouble accepting it will probably be four more years before I get to see them again.
Glad this Cleveland thread is hanging on.....

fair trade said:
It is quite the combination of suffering and bliss to watch those videos!! I have trouble accepting it will probably be four more years before I get to see them again.
Glad this Cleveland thread is hanging on.....

It's actually heartbreaking. My son will be in college the next time we're lucky enough for them to tour. I don't know why but I'm having such a hard time recollecting the Cleveland show, all I can dredge up are bits and pieces. It's so hard to explain what one goes through at a U2 show, the love, the emotion, the anticipation, the tears, the adrenalin, just the feeling of fullness...if Heaven is like that, I can't wait.

jd45177 said:

It's actually heartbreaking. My son will be in college the next time we're lucky enough for them to tour. I don't know why but I'm having such a hard time recollecting the Cleveland show, all I can dredge up are bits and pieces. It's so hard to explain what one goes through at a U2 show, the love, the emotion, the anticipation, the tears, the adrenalin, just the feeling of fullness...if Heaven is like that, I can't wait.

Very well put!

If there's a heaven...we will surely get to see U2 in it! By the way, Miroslava's get-together will be held outside her front door on the sidewalk. Take a number.

BEVERLY56 said:
If there's a heaven...we will surely get to see U2 in it! By the way, Miroslava's get-together will be held outside her front door on the sidewalk. Take a number.

Take a number and god forbid you dissapear for more than a couple hours! You're off the list!! :angry:

:sexywink:

BEVERLY56 said:

:lmao:

Miro I'll come if it's in the summer, more of a 6 month anniversary than a year anniversary :wink:

jd45177 said:

:hug: :yes:

and if I'm ever in a coma, just pipe in U2 music 24/7. If that doesn't do wake me up, nothing will. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom