NZ October 21-22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gluey

Blue Crack Addict
These dates were finally released on radio here in NZ tonight...they say they got confirmation - lets hope they're right!

gluey said:
These dates were finally released on radio here in NZ tonight...they say they got confirmation - lets hope they're right!
Listeners to that station who post on U2 New Zooland are saying the same thing; still nothing on U2.com yet...stay tuned...maybe today IS the day!

Hi Long time lurker 1st time poster

Umm...we have just been disscussing this at a NZ forum and so I rang a freind whose husband manages a radio network thingy

And he said that no such announcment came through and that the DJ that announced it at zm is known 4 his pranks.

Sorry :(

blackviolet. said:
Hi Long time lurker 1st time poster

Umm...we have just been disscussing this at a NZ forum and so I rang a freind whose husband manages a radio network thingy

And he said that no such announcment came through and that the DJ that announced it at zm is known 4 his pranks.

Sorry :(

Thanks for that....just read this mornings paper and they say that after talking to the promoter, there is no such confirmation yet and they are still looking at November....oh well, the excitement was nice for a while!!

Yeah, the owner of U2NewZooland.com has had an email from U2's publicist in NZ, saying the October dates were a hoax. Grrr.

Sorry to be a pessimist but I don't think these re-scheduled dates are coming any time soon. I gave up checking daily for announcements ages ago and I'm glad I did.

There was obviously an unquestionably good reason to postpone the original dates, but it is evident going on the long silence since March, that there is also a very good reason for there being no statement from the band/band management or promoter concerning the rescheduled dates. If it was just a few glitches in the schedule that needed to be ironed out, I'm sure there would have been a statement to say 'New Dates Coming Very Soon!' but we've not had that and that makes me think that there are more than just glitches in the schedule stopping confirmed dates being announced.

Despite a couple of people saying they have bumped into Paul MacGuinness and Edge and were given answers by them, there has not really been one verified comment about the situation from a truly reliable source. That's not to say I'm calling those people who say they bumped into those guys liars, I'm just saying that nobody within the band or it's management have announced those details officially.

Yes we may still get November/December dates and I really hope that we do. But the longer this silence goes on, the more I'm thinking that the next lot of news we get isn't going to be what we wanted to hear.

neilm said:
Sorry to be a pessimist but I don't think these re-scheduled dates are coming any time soon. I gave up checking daily for announcements ages ago and I'm glad I did.

Yes we may still get November/December dates and I really hope that we do. But the longer this silence goes on, the more I'm thinking that the next lot of news we get isn't going to be what we wanted to hear.

:no: :crazy:

I'm starting to give up as well :huh:

neilm said:
it is evident going on the long silence since March, that there is also a very good reason for there being no statement from the band/band management or promoter concerning the rescheduled dates.

About 30million good reasons, sitting in a Swiss account earning interest.

If the dates are cancelled, the money must be returned to the punters...

I am going to be a pretty unhappy fan if cancellation is the news coming forth, let me tell you..............especially since a great part of the trip was also to be VACATION which I am patiently waiting to take and NEED DESPERATELY! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

Back
Top Bottom