MERGED-->Vienna 2nd July - Ernst Happel Stadium Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope my Vienna pre-order was early enough and that I still have a chance for Milan or Munich. Either way, I will know in about 2 weeks.

Will you go to any other shows besides Vienna, Maruša and other Slovenes?

Last edited:
well if you live in Slovenia and can't get tickets during presale and general sale for Vienna concert, try to get to the event center in Klagenfurt, they have already secured a couple of GA tickets for Vienna concert for me already.

No matter what, I will drive to Vienna. Bus isn't really ideal. I've met lot of U2 fans showed up in different bars after U2's concert in Vienna last time :lol:

tilen said:
but let me give a GOOD advice.: if you have options, better go ON YOUR OWN because:
1. you depend only on you and few other passengers--bus ride can be inpredictable..
2.you get there far before the buses do! So, if i were you,i'd be there at noon, then check the line in front of the stadium, then get something good to eat (but Wien IS EXPENSIVE- i recommend kebab on a stand-only 2.80€-surely the cheapest food and good cure for hunger..), then come back and go straight into first couple of lines!!!!

Now that all of you are going, i might fight for this ticket instead of Munich...

try to eat at Naschmarkt, they are more economic and I always love to eat there. Even some pizza or kebap stands are pretty good too. But if you want to get better placement in the stadium, it's better to buy some Leberkäsesemmel or Wurstsemmel in the supermarket like Merku, Billa or Spar :wink:

wiener said:

try to eat at Naschmarkt, they are more economic and I always love to eat there. Even some pizza or kebap stands are pretty good too. But if you want to get better placement in the stadium, it's better to buy some Leberkäsesemmel or Wurstsemmel in the supermarket like Merku, Billa or Spar :wink:

Thanx for the advice,Wiener! It's worth the try!

What event center were you talking about? Do they have an internet site i can look aT?
Well, there's still a chance in getting the tickets at www.oeticket.com, don't you think so?

wiener said:
well if you live in Slovenia and can't get tickets during presale and general sale for Vienna concert, try to get to the event center in Klagenfurt, they have already secured a couple of GA tickets for Vienna concert for me already.

No matter what, I will drive to Vienna. Bus isn't really ideal. I've met lot of U2 fans showed up in different bars after U2's concert in Vienna last time :lol:

hey wiener, a request:
Can YOU get me couple of GA tix for me??Please let me know
at
tilen.matjaz@siol.net

good night

I agree, going with a car is the best option, I did that last time (Elevation tour) and it was great!!! Even the driving part was so mucj fun, singing, laughing, anticipating! OK, I really have to go study now, I have an exam toda, and besides, my presale starts in 3 hours so I have to get ready... find my credit card and so on:)

Maja - Yes, I want to go to anther gig beside Vienna, I hope I can make it...

and Tilen :wink: of course I won't be satisfied with Vienna only :)

so going by bus really sux or what?!?! :) Then it would be a lot better to go on your own to Milan or Munich I suppose and not with koncerti.net?

How long do u plan to stay in Dublin Tilen?

tilen said:

Thanx for the advice,Wiener! It's worth the try!

What event center were you talking about? Do they have an internet site i can look aT?
Well, there's still a chance in getting the tickets at oeticket don't you think so?

yep you can try oeticket for ticket since they are big enough.
I personally buy ticket from Event Center since it's only 10mins drive from where I live. It costs like 65 Euro for a GA ticket. Try to see their webpage event-center . at and click on "Ticket Reservierung" to send them a mail for enquiry.

Of course I won't be satisfied with only Vienna show, will also be in both London shows on 18th and 19th of June as well as the San Sebastian show in August :wink:

wiener said:

yep you can try oeticket for ticket since they are big enough.
I personally buy ticket from Event Center since it's only 10mins drive from where I live. It costs like 65 Euro for a GA ticket. Try to see their webpage event-center . at and click on "Ticket Reservierung" to send them a mail for enquiry.

Of course I won't be satisfied with only Vienna show, will also be in both London shows on 18th and 19th of June as well as the San Sebastian show in August :wink:

WOW,Wiener man! I really envy you that San Sebastian show...
I'll try Event place in klagenfurt--thanks for the info

Oh,marusa,we're gonna stay in dublin the whole weekend plus monday. There's still a chance of you going----just buy some tickets tomorrow at 8:00GMT (9am skofja loka and lj time...)

Bye

P.:S. anyone got an idea when the general sale for Munich or Milan starts??

the general sale for munich starts next saturday (12th) at (i believe so) 9AM. which website are you going to use for this general sale? i'll try with eventim.de.

already used my code for London presale... so I have to pay a few Euros more to get Vienna tickets...
Well certainly it's easier to purchase ticket for this one than the UK & Ire presales

Good luck

if you got any busy message during presale for vienna, use the same onsale address from ticketmaster, then add vienna.html, then it will lead you right through...

GOT THEM! :rockon: :D

Das ÖsterreichTicket-Team dankt Ihnen für Ihre Bestellung und wünscht
Ihnen viel Freude bei Ihrem Veranstaltungsbesuch!

Thank You for ordering with ÖsterreichTicket! Have a great time at the
event of your choice.

I guess I'll see you guys in Vienna on 2nd of July!:wink:

Good luck to all hunting for tickets!

Hopefully we can all :rockon: and :dancing: on this tour. (new smilies!)

Is :camera: allowed, does anyone know? Or should I not risk my Olympus camera being taken away?

Last edited:
Yeah I am also thinking of leaving my camera at home, it really isn't worth a risk - what if they take it away? :eyebrow:

and Maja - where do u plan to go - Milan, Munich?

I don't know yet, either Milan or Munich.

(I'm not going to both shows, if the price is anything like what I saw for Vienna)

I just don't know whether I should order them via internet or wait for koncerti.net (and maybe risk that I won't get them)?! :confused:

Koncerti.net will send out emails in middle of February, so if that doesn't work, you can still go to eventim.si or other sites selling tickets and buy them.

I will only take my cellphone with digital camera, wouldn't take the risk of taking a special one there...

Btw, the event center in Klagenfurt is actually a sale center of Oeticket Austria, that's why they sell ticket at a reasonable price :eyebrow:

i got the tickets!i got the tickets!i got the tickets!i got the tickets!i got the tickets!i got the tickets!i got the tickets!i got the tickets!i got the tickets!i got the tickets!i got the tickets!i got the tickets!i got the tickets! i couldn't be happier!

i study in ljubljana, yes, at FF. i study psychology and the exam today went quite ok, well at least i hope i'll pass! what about you?

for those of you worrying about cameras not allowed---come on i brought anywhere i went! And you ladies ---you shouldn't have much trouble with that,right?? Just put it there and there it is.----you're taking pictures of your favorite bono!

Yep,gonna wait for those milan or munich tickets!

Back
Top Bottom