MERGED-->PHILLY GA Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
If You Got PHILLY GA tickets post here!

I know "Shygirl" , "starsgoblue" , and "danielle" all got GA's for the Philadelphia show. I am curious if anyone else did. I strongly believe that the majority of GA tickets for the Philly show specifically were already given to Brokers, and venue or ticketmaster employees.

With only 3 people with GA's from Philly so far, I think I might be correct about this, but if anyone else got GA's for Philly, please post and explain how you were able to get your GA's.

I got GA tickets for Philly. I didn't do anything special to get them. Went through the ticketmaster link on U2.com, selected GA, it made me wait while it "searched" or whatever it does, and after about 3-5 minutes it come up with the 2 GA tickets I requested. Basically, it worked like it was supposed to. Also, like most of you, I got on exatly at 10am. I don't know what else to say, I guess I got lucky. Sorry to all those that got shafted. I know how it feels, it happened to me on the Elevation tour.

I'm curious if the people who got GAs for assorted cities went through the u2.com link to Ticketmaster.com or tired to order through Ticketmaster directly. I was among the west coast people who only got the Internal Error message from the outset, even though I logged in during the first seconds using a very high speed connection at work. I wonder if I would have had any greater success in starting with U2.com first?

Halup said:
I'm curious if the people who got GAs for assorted cities went through the u2.com link to Ticketmaster.com or tired to order through Ticketmaster directly. I was among the west coast people who only got the Internal Error message from the outset, even though I logged in during the first seconds using a very high speed connection at work. I wonder if I would have had any greater success in starting with U2.com first?

Halup :)

I don't know if it mattered. My friend in Indy tried to get GA for me for Philly and she just bookmarked the link from the email. I tried to get GA for Chicago since I didn't get Philly thru Ticketmaster directly. Didn't get that either. Then I wnet what the heck and went thru the U2.com link. The pages are different in that the u2.com link the page had the Bomb colors. I was able to get into Anaheim and score GA but then got an error when trying to confirm the tickets. Then Anaheim was saying Tickets weren't on sale yet. I kept refreshing and so on. Finally got through and TM searched for what seemed like ages. Originally it was 5 minutes but it wasn't five minutes. I still managed to get GA for Anaheim.

Personally, I used the U2.com link...which took you to Ticketmaster wiht the Bomb colors....I had to try several times and almost gave up when I got offered 200 level seats as "best available". Then I tried looking for GA two more times....

I got no tickets for Philly! Nothing!

I was on the U2.com link to ticketmaster at 10am with a high-speed connection. I tried for GA several times and got nothing. After a while (few minutes that is) I tried for "best available". The only thing given was upper, upper deck of the arena at or near the back. I kept trying and ended up with nothing at all. Everything was gone in about an hour. Outrage!

Skjuls, if I can get Philadelphia or Chicago GAs in the public sale, would you like to trade your Anaheim GAs for a pair of one of those, providing of course you are also unsuccessful? We can talk more about this later on IM. :)

Halup said:
Skjuls, if I can get Philadelphia or Chicago GAs in the public sale, would you like to trade your Anaheim GAs for a pair of one of those, providing of course you are also unsuccessful? We can talk more about this later on IM. :)

Sounds good!! I'm glad I know you!! Hehe! I've been trying to see if you were online so I could tell you I had the GA and to see if you were successful!!

The list is now up to four people, who were able to get GA's for Philly! Thats 8 GA tickets. Now where are the other 1,792 GA Tickets for the Philly show? I think their in the hands of brokers and employees of the venue and Ticketmaster.

I know several people that tried to get seats for Philly but had the same experience as Knuckle. I only tried for GA and nothing else. I've decided what ever is available as far as reserve seating will not be that much different on Saturday during the General On Sale.

I tried best available at immediately 10:00 and got nothing close to GA..

If I get my hands on GAs on Saturday I will be more than happy to trade for seating...

I actually had GA's for Philly and whats funny is I didnt get em till 11:31. However after going through the process the transaction didnt go through right and my card was charged three times. I didnt press the button more than once nor hit back or refresh, however the charge was made 3 times to my card thus negating and voiding all three transactions. After I was elated at my "score" I was called by my bank an hour later and then my funtime sunshiny day turned bleak very quickly.

Called Ticketmaster and they could do nothing. However they wished me luck on Saturday.

I told them they could fuck themselves.

starsgoblue said:
Personally, I used the U2.com link...which took you to Ticketmaster wiht the Bomb colors....I had to try several times and almost gave up when I got offered 200 level seats as "best available". Then I tried looking for GA two more times....

Yay you!!

:hug:

New York was a nightmare as you've heard, youtwohearts and I got loweres for NJ...

Dear U2.com members,

My Interference handle is Hef4u2, and my U2.com handle is mailjeff.

I have followed the band for the last dozen years, been to all the concerts, bought the albums, and been a good fan.

I like you have helped give them the great life they tell us about.

But like you, today we were all cheated on the promises for our U2.com memberships.

This should have never happened. I know we all feel cheated and betrayed.

It is now time for us to do something as a collective, a group action. Just as Martin Luther King would advocate, power to the people.

Corporate snobs like Ticketmaster need to be stopped.

Here is our chance to do so.

We have to unite together in voice so loud that we cannot be silenced.

But we all are disconnected, in different parts of the country, different parts of the world.

However, we have the Internet to connect us all together.

The whole world hooked up to one little cable.

Five people have responded to my post ready to do something, anything.

A class action lawsuit has been mentioned, we need legal advice as to what are our rights in this case might be.

Any suggestions or opinions need to be given and turned into action.

Five needs to turn into ten, twenty, thirty, thousands of fans that were betrayed today.

My email is mailjeff@comcast.net, my handle is hef4u2

Respond back to join a petition to right this wrong.

Halup said:

Didn't matter Halup. I tried both.

Got nothing better than $170 lower level seats ACROSS the arena.

i had to settle for sec 203 row 2, not bad but theyre no GA. i gave up tix in row 15. 15 is the last damn row in the building.

question: are all lower tix 160$??? for elevation they were around 80 or 90$.

Ticketsnow.com has at least 64 General Admission tickets with the price per ticket being anything from $285 to $400. Most are in the $300 to $350 dollar range.

I got nothing. I was on within seconds of 10:00. My first wait time was even less than a minute and nothing. I've tried throughout the day and still nothing. I wanted to hit Philly in case therte ended up being no third leg, plus it's on my B-day. Now I'm waiting for DC and/or Baltimore and the third leg.

I did, however, receive my u2.com keychain today (of all days) $40.00 well spent?

TheZenBat said:
I did, however, receive my u2.com keychain today (of all days) $40.00 well spent?

That's funny, I got mine today too. Also in the DC area. Big ugly thing, isn't it?

I got 2 GA tickets for Philly by following the link from the email. Nothing special. I think I may have gotten the reduced ticketbastard fees too, since someone else posted screencaps featuring a $19.95 surcharge and mine was definitely less than that.

I would almost rather be in seats than GA, but I can't afford to pay $90-$165 a ticket, much less for crappy nosebleed seats. I think that's a real shame, that the upper level tix cost so much more than the GA ones.

As you mentioned, I got GA today. I went through the u2.com link. I was hitting refresh before 10am and got right in. Here it is, 10 am.. and it says no GA left. I keep trying. I picked "49.50" and GA.. and "49.50" and best avail. I don't remember which one worked.

At around 10:05am it put me in the "waiting area." It kept refreshing and after 4 mins or so, GA popped up. I entered my TM password account, and the GA transaction was complete.

My advice for any of you wanting GA and buying in the general onsale...buy only 1 GA at a time. I figured that out during the last tour, and had an easy time getting GA. So shoot for 1..not 2... at a time.

I wish you all good ticket karma this weekend. I got shafted during the elevation presale.. but did well during the general onsale. All hope is not lost. I know this whole situation sucked, and hopefully U2 will fix it. But for now, keep hope alive. You will get your GAs.

Moneypenny said:

That's funny, I got mine today too. Also in the DC area. Big ugly thing, isn't it?

I got 2 GA tickets for Philly by following the link from the email. Nothing special. I think I may have gotten the reduced ticketbastard fees too, since someone else posted screencaps featuring a $19.95 surcharge and mine was definitely less than that.

I would almost rather be in seats than GA, but I can't afford to pay $90-$165 a ticket, much less for crappy nosebleed seats. I think that's a real shame, that the upper level tix cost so much more than the GA ones.

Your the 5th person on here that got GA's for Philly.

If your really interested in seats for Philly, I can buy you those seats and trade them for your GA's! Interested?

I was able to get 2 GA tickets for Philly. I have no clue how I was able to get through though. I went through the u2.com link right at 10 am. I just refreshed once and the tickemaster screen came up. I searched for GAs and they came up... I guess it was just luck.. I feel bad that so many people didn't get anything though. They really need to fix the problems with this system.
They should have left well enough alone with Propaganda..

I was able to get 2 GA "J-FAN" (whatever this means) tickets to Philly. I used the email link/through U2.com. I had like 5 pages opened from the link and just kept hitting refresh on each one in a panic.

Waiting at the Wachovia Center.

For General admission at the Wachovia Center in Philly, how early do people begin to arrive there. Just today I was asking a friend about it, and he said people sometimes arrive two days before the show and wait. Is he just exagerating, or do peopel literally stay there for two days? I'd be willing to wait the entire day of the show, say from that morning on, but not two days before. This information would really hep me decide is I REALLY want GA tickets or not. Please respond if you know anything about the venue.

Would someone mind helping me out with something. I want to buy GA tickets, and I know that I will be able to, even it I have to resort to scalpers. But the thing is, I've heard a lot of things about people waiting outside for like 2 days to get close to the stage. It this an exageration or do people really get there that early? I know I'd probably have to wait all day, but overnight?

Lancemc said:
Would someone mind helping me out with something. I want to buy GA tickets, and I know that I will be able to, even it I have to resort to scalpers. But the thing is, I've heard a lot of things about people waiting outside for like 2 days to get close to the stage. It this an exageration or do people really get there that early? I know I'd probably have to wait all day, but overnight?

On Elevation, I got to the venue at noon on the day of the show and still got into the heart. No guarantees though. This time I expect it to be worse and there's always the possibility the venue will employ a lottery system to discourage people from camping out or lining up too early.

barlowdog said:

On Elevation, I got to the venue at noon on the day of the show and still got into the heart. No guarantees though. This time I expect it to be worse and there's always the possibility the venue will employ a lottery system to discourage people from camping out or lining up too early.

I know a lot of people do not like the lottery system, however for those of us who simply cannot afford the time (kids and other adult responsibilities), I find that it is a fair way to work the lines, plus it takes away the crap feeling from camping out. Personally I have not camped out before but I have spent 12 hours in line and I felt like shit when I got to the show. Anyway, I am keeping my fingers crossed for saturday as I got screwed this week.

HJ

I'm surprised this thread got moved from the general discussion area. So far we have 6 people here at interference that got General Admission for Philly. I assume all 6 people clicked on that poll in the other forum as it also list 6 people getting GA for Philly.

Back
Top Bottom