MERGED --> All Dublin GA discussions MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, being that you are in Ireland, maybe you could call?

+353 01 8363222

I only have a cell, and have been unable to call :(

I am also curious as to what the main entrance for GA will be since tickets can mention one of 3 different gates :huh:

10587s.gif

Mine says St. James Ave, which seems to be the most appropriate area for a line up judging by the maps :confused:

WOW!! the amount of non-irish people goin to croker

no offence to any non-irish people,but i feel that at least one of the Croker shows should have gone on sale just in Ireland

The third show was all Ireland, wasnt it?

:|

That certainly seemed to be the case from looking at all the Dublin 3 ticket sellers on ebay... Got my tickets from a nice Irish girl that was selling 2 different pairs at a nice little profit, so no guilt from my end :wink:

Last edited:
sligo U2 fan said:

no offence to any non-irish people,but i feel that at least one of the Croker shows should have gone on sale just in Ireland

That's just ridiculous. Come on now.

sligo U2 fan said:

That's like saying only one of the MSG shows should go onsale just for New Yorkers.

Can you imagine the sign:
Security will be checking passports at the door. Irishmen need not bother to show up. ---- U2 Management

sligo U2 fan said:

I understand that, but I think Miro's right. The 3rd show went to Ireland only, but a number of the Irish are selling their tickets. I was talking to the owner of the guest house I'll be staying and she said she was going sell the tickets she might be getting from the lottery bec. she's not interested.

I'm going to the 25th (seated) and 27th (GA). Actually, I just got the GA tickets this morning. YAY! My husband and I arrive into Dublin the morning of the 25th. It's will be the first time in Dublin too! Yay!

I have a question. We have GA tickets waiting for us at the box office for the show on the 27th. We will want to queue starting in the morning in order to get good spots at the show. Will we be able to pick our tickets up at the box office the night of the 25th for our 27th tickets?

Only one more week!!!! :happy:

sligo U2 fan said:
Miroslava said:
The third show was all Ireland, wasnt it?

:|

i apologise,i didnt know that

No, tickets were available online aswell as on the phone and at outlets, it's just that there was no pre announcement. Hence mainly through word of mouth the news spread around Ireland and most of the tickets seem to have been sold in Ireland.

yes. tickets were available as freely around the world as the first two on the net. lots of foreigners have monday tickets.
but not as many as the first two as the outlets were gyuaranteed a larger number of tickets. e.g. the two seats i got for monday night were at 1.30pm in dublin city centre, long after they were sold out everywhere else and the internet.

camping overnight and queue rules, dublin?

so initially u2.com said european shows would open at 9am and there would be no queuing allowed before then.

now we know this wasnt enforced at twickenham and i was wondering what the rules in dublin were gonna be like - are there any restrictions and are they going to allow camping?
presuming they're not enforcing rules aer a lot of people camping and what time are poeple planning on getting there?

i'm trying to work out a good time to arrive - i was at twickers at 9 both days and had spots on the railings each time but this is dublin after all and i dont think thats gonna cut it this time!

but if we cant queue before 9am, whats the point in worrying?

croke park is inner city, houses and streets all round. i've no idea where people will Q!
it could be chaos, it may not. onlt friday will tell.
bottom line, if you hang around early you'll see whats happenin, no one will move you away

brwh1 said:
croke park is inner city, houses and streets all round. i've no idea where people will Q!
it could be chaos, it may not. onlt friday will tell.
bottom line, if you hang around early you'll see whats happenin, no one will move you away

yeah but what's early? sunrise, 9am, 11am?
i'm trying to convince a not massive fan that we need to be there early, he thinks i mean 1pm :lol:

I've been following the news items here on Irish TV etc, and there is a VERY small minority of residents in the Croke Park area that are very unhappy with the disruption that the gigs will mean to their lives. This could have an impact on whether or not queueing is allowed, eg, if some residents complain about noise levels or the drinking pre-show gets out of hand. I reckon that with two of the concerts being weekdays and people trying to get to work from those areas that there may well be an enforcement of the 9am curfew on queueing.

That said, a local garda was on the tv tonight saying that they would prefer if people arrived in good time for the concerts, and not at the last minute (last minute........bah)

The post about it being a residential area is right (I lived around there for five years) so I can't see where camping would be either a possiblity or allowed.

But sure, there's no harm in "chancing yer arm" and if all else fails, there's some great pubs in the area to pass the time away :wink:

Myself and my husband have seated tickets for both Friday and Saturday. Friday we're going in time to see Snow Patrol supporting (I love their music) and Saturday we're going to hit Croke Park at about 8pm as we have no interest in Paddy Casey (the genius that booked him as support should've been hung drawn and quartered. There's no way he'll get a stadium size crowd warmed up.

Anyways, we're also going to head to the Clarence for a pint or two over the weekend to meet up with other fans, have a laugh....

See ya's all there,

Jules.

Jules-OD said:
we have no interest in Paddy Casey (the genius that booked him as support should've been hung drawn and quartered. There's no way he'll get a stadium size crowd warmed up.

Ah give Paddy a break. You'd be surprised what he's capable of! He's a bit of a dublin legend at this stage it seems.

For everyone planning on camping over etc. I'd say - DON'T BOTHER...at least Friday and Monday will be fine as most people will be working and won't make it until after 6pm. If you're travelling and have the day off - it should be fine until at least 4pm for the inner part.

Saturday on the other hand, I reckon you'd want to be up early!

Last edited:
Poor auld paddy huh? LOL. okay, I'm willing to give the guy a chance. I s'pose we got a bit spoiled by the whole Slane experience with acts like Moby and RHCP :D

What's that song he sings..."Who was the Lucky One......."

*chuckles*

Anyways, I'm off to bed, got a long day tomorrow, pack tomorrow night for our weekend stay in Dublin (what's a girl got to do? I've got nothing to wear!!) heheh.

I haven't heard anything from Paddy Casey, but will give it a try.

Ah, speaking of packing, I've yet to do that. :crazy:

My last post before the concerts. I'm feeling quite pleased with myself, have done all my packing (but Murphy's Law is quite clear on this one.....I'll realise that I forgot something as soon as we reach the hotel! lol) The tickets are almost superglued to my body, and I'm not letting them out of my sight between here and handing them over at the gates.

This weekend is special to us as it's our 2nd Wedding Anniversary. We couldn't think of a better way to spend it. We're flying from here to Dublin, so the trip up will only take about 45 minutes as opposed to the road trip of 5+ hours. (might sound extravagant, but it's only 30euro plus taxes each way from Shannon).

Anyway just wanted to say "see you all there and have fun"!!!

dia dhuibh,

Jules.
mwaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Back
Top Bottom