WOWY '05, best version yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ghostwriter

The Fly
Listening to WOWY on this tour, I have to say I think they've finally nailed down playing the album version live. The JT/Lovetown seemed a bit too hard and fast, the early ZooTV versions were great but different, the Zoomerang version was weird, the POPmart edition put me to sleep, and Elevation versions were closer but not quite. Now it seems the band has finally mastered getting the tempo and energy level to increase as the song progresses.

Pity it doesn't appear they played it live on any of the DVD shoots. :(

Ghostwriter said:
Listening to WOWY on this tour, I have to say I think they've finally nailed down playing the album version live...Pity it doesn't appear they played it live on any of the DVD shoots. :(

U2 releasing a live concert recording without WOWY - I'll have to see it to believe it!

Maybe they'll edit in another version from another show.

theres a few GREAT version i have heard this tour, chigago 4 with the strangers in the night snippet, manchester 1 with the transmissiong and love will tear us apart snippet, and london 2 with the take me to the clouds above snippet :drool:

i would rate them among the best versions i have heard

There is no doubt - Chicago IV was by far the best version. Best since 1993.
The other versions are pretty much boring, but a bit better than the Elevation/Popmart versions.

djerdap said:
There is no doubt - Chicago IV was by far the best version. Best since 1993.
The other versions are pretty much boring, but a bit better than the Elevation/Popmart versions.
no way, the manchester and london versions i mentioned are bloody amazing

Chicago with the snippet of Strangers in the Night is by far one of the best versions of the song. Rattle and Hum was pure and also precise.

But I agree with you, Vertigo Tour does have a very good version of With or Without You.

Back
Top Bottom