What Songs Will Never Be Playing In The Same Set This Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jick

Refugee
It seems some songs cancel the others out. The best example would be All I Want Is You and Bad. The full band versions of both songs were hardly played on the same gig because they both had similar lengths, similar chords and similar vocal requirements. Sometimes the songs were even medleyed together. So I am pretty certain All I Want Is You and Bad will not be in the same set this year except for snippet form.

Other songs I think may cancel each other out for this tour and NEVER be played on the same set with both being full band are:

Discotheque/Gone (two full band POP songs in an HTDAAB set - I doubt it)

Out Of Control/11 O Clock Tick Tock (never two oldies on the same set)

So what other songs do you guys have in mind?

Cheers,

J

Kite/Stuck in a Moment

New Year's Day/The Unforgettable Fire (My (and rumors) speculation as it has ties to the Atomic Bombs dropped in Japan) May make Chicago setlist as they were inspired by art they saw in Chicago to inspire this song and others).

Please/Love is Blindness

Desire/Angel of Harlem

Bullet the Blue Sky/HMTMKMKM

I agree with Out of Control/11 O'clock Tick Toc...however, at one Chicago show in 2001, to my surprise, they played them back to back!!!! It was amazing!!!

I think that Out Of Control/11 O'Clock Tick Tock is actually a likely combo, given all the lipservice they've been giving to their roots.

jick said:
It seems some songs cancel the others out. The best example would be All I Want Is You and Bad. The full band versions of both songs were hardly played on the same gig because they both had similar lengths, similar chords and similar vocal requirements. Sometimes the songs were even medleyed together. So I am pretty certain All I Want Is You and Bad will not be in the same set this year except for snippet form.

Other songs I think may cancel each other out for this tour and NEVER be played on the same set with both being full band are:

Discotheque/Gone (two full band POP songs in an HTDAAB set - I doubt it)

Out Of Control/11 O Clock Tick Tock (never two oldies on the same set)

So what other songs do you guys have in mind?

Cheers,

J

all I want is you/bad is played a couple of times together. Even behind is other.

POP-ROMANCER said:
at zootv leg 1 in North america, almost the whole leg all I want is you --> bad.

Well, not really. It was Bad (full song) --> All I Want Is You (snippet) --> Bullet. The only time the two songs have regularly been played full band in the same setlist was on Lovetown - indeed, there were a couple of performances where AIWIY flowed into Bad. On ZooTV and Popmart, AIWIY was only snippets.

I'm honestly not sure what I think will be up for rotation this tour. Hopefully a lot. I would like a situation where, say, WOWY and ISHFWILF are never played together in the same setlist - just one OR the other is played. U2 should be rotating the classics more. That way, they satisfy the casual fan who wants to hear the radio hits, and a diversity of those radio hits are played, but they also have more room for older gems that haven't been played as regularly, satisfying the more dedicated fans.

Back
Top Bottom