Original Of The Species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You people are nuts. The IPod Ceremony version is superior to the Brooklyn Bridge version. The keyboards are beautiful. If the crowd has to have a hard rocking song a la Vertigo in order to stay excited, that's their problem, not U2's.

In the IPod version, listen to the line 'you've been keeping your love under control'; on the Brooklyn Bridge version as well as the Studio version, the words 'under control' are a crescendo, a yell/scream that segues right into the chorus again. But in the IPod version, Bono sings 'under control' in a gorgeous falsetto that adds a beauty, an innocence to the song. I much prefer it that way.

Plus, the all-keyboard version of OOTS would seque amazinglyin into RTSS or vice versa.

Last edited:
namkcuR - Hi I'm new here. I did a search for info on possible setlists for the upcoming Vertigo Tour and wound up finding this thread, so I just had to register!

OOTS is my favourite off HTDAAB! I would LOVE it if you could send me the live versions (IPod and Brooklyn Bridge if possible) as well!

marcuskinn66@go.com

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
This could be a song that having already been played a few times, and it looks like it's going to be on piano, will show up on the tour.

It could be a tough song to sing, which is why U2 didn't play it on Saturday night. Save his voice.

I'm sure it will turn up.

If any are still willing to send out any or both of the live versions to me I would be quite appreciative. I heard the first half of the iPod version back in November, but it was not, at the time, the complete version. The album had not come out yet, if memory serves. I heard or read that they rehearsed it on Friday, which led me to expect yesterday. But alas, you get what you pay for. No complaints though. Thanks to whoever's generosity allows me to hear these versions.

elrapha@sbcglobal.net

"i kneel, cause i want you some more"

Hi, I know you're probably all sick of this request by now but please could somebody send OOTS to me. It's a stunning song and I'd love to hear it live. I think that they will play it. U2 never show all their cards in rehearsal gigs, and I reckon that there are still one or two surprises in store. That said, the rehearsal setlist was stunning, made me whip out a few Boy bootlegs. My address is tommymatts@yahoo.co.uk
Many thanks.

Flying FuManchu said:
Bono couldn't sing it on the IPOD presentation thing and it sounded like the Edge was off on the piano/ keyboard. It was an interesting perofromance but not a good one. This song definitely needs an extra player or another ABOY style backing track.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think it was a gorgeous performance of it, and I don't think it needs any other backing track. It doesn't need to be any louder than that. Just Bono and and Edge on keyboard and perhaps some bass.

namkcuR

Not sure if you saw my prev post on this thread, but could you also send me the iPod Ceremony version of OOTS?

I was able to dload the Brooklyn Bridge version, and I agree it sound really good! I was worried if Bono could pull off certain parts ("...under control..." and "Everywhere you go..." in particular) and I'm happy to say that he did!

It would be much appreciated! Thanks! :bow:

marcuskinn66@go.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom