not played

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sleus

Babyface
Great setlist, but somehow I´m glad they didn´t play
· Still haven´t found
· Discotheque
· Mofo
· Desire
· When love comes to town
· With of without you

However, I was hoping for
· Gloria
· Exit
· All I want is you
· Acrobat (sigh)
· Gone
· Please
· Walk on
· A Man and a Woman
· Original of species
· Fast cars

but that´s a matter of personal opinion I guess.

that said, great setlist!!

I´m sure many surprises coming!!

as we're probably getting rotating setlists this tour (thank GOd)...

i think cat dubh will swtich out with gloria now and then, as it was rehearsed.

RademR said:
RademR's prediction for 3/30: We will see WOWY and UTEOTW

Axver's prediction: UTEOTW and Stuck yes, WOWY no. Gloria maybe.

bono man, did u go to the show? feed us with some spoilers.....what were the highlights for u??

I heard Edge's solo on the fly was MADD>

RademR said:
bono man, did u go to the show? feed us with some spoilers.....what were the highlights for u??

I heard Edge's solo on the fly was MADD>

Being there was simply the highlight, my first real U2 show (not counting the rehearsal)

The Fly Itself was Mad!, A bit like the Zoo TV version, but better.
I can't wait to hear it over and over again, and see it all again on wednsday!

bono_man2002 said:
During Zoo Station bono did say "I'm ready for the Acrobat"....:hmm:

You're shittin' me, right? This could be amazing if he thinks what I think right now...

The 2nd San Diego could change a bit. Some of these songs will certainly show up:

I Will Follow
Out of Control
Gloria
Bad
With or Without You
Still Haven't Found
Until the End of the World
Mysterious Ways
Gone - I hope at least
Walk On

bono_man, could you describe versions of Love and Peace and Bullet(any changes)?

Nothing personal, but I would kill any one of you to hear "Gloria" live again.

Last edited:
djerdap said:
bono_man, could you describe versions of Love and Peace and Bullet(any changes)?

Love and Peace was a bit diffrent, edges solo was a little longer, and Bono playing on larrys little drum kit, Bullet was like Bullet is Live....and The Hands that built america worked very well into Bullet.

I edited in an "...again" so you guys don't have to worry about me killing one of you over a copy of Under A Blood Red Sky.

typhoon said:
I edited in an "...again" so you guys don't have to worry about me killing one of you over a copy of Under A Blood Red Sky.

What if you lose your copy of UABRS? Then your 'again' could be construed to mean you'll kill us over a copy of it.

On a serious note, I am very much expecting Gloria to return during the coming concerts, especially as it was rehearsed in LA.

During the break between producers somewhere in the last four years, maybe Bono and the Edge found that month to meditate in a tree to play Acrobat. :drool:

U2@NYC said:

Hmmm, could this be an indication that we will be hearing Acrobat later during this tour???????

Let's all pray...

I seriously would lose my mind if they played Acrobat. So now we know what Bono and Edge have been doing for the past few years......meditating in a tree trying to learn Acrobat.:laugh:

I have no idea. I think I'd prefer something else to open the show though. COBL is more of a atmospheric piece remniscent of UF. I like my openers to be rockers - LPoE or ABOY etc

I will be thrilled if they refrain from playing these songs for the entire tour:

Still haven't found....(just too boring)
Stuck
Disco and Staring at the sun (just bad songs)
Walk on (uncreative song, not good live)

at the risk of being berated by others, I honestly am getting sick of Pride also....

Songs that would be great to hear:
ACROBAT!!!!!!!
Exit
Gloria
Like A Song
Gone

And classics that they should mix into the setlists:
With or Without You
Mysterious Ways
Even Better than the Real thing
Unforgettable Fire

8rattoon said:
I will be thrilled if they refrain from playing these songs for the entire tour:

Still haven't found....(just too boring)
Stuck
Disco and Staring at the sun (just bad songs)
Walk on (uncreative song, not good live)

at the risk of being berated by others, I honestly am getting sick of Pride also....

Songs that would be great to hear:
ACROBAT!!!!!!!
Exit
Gloria
Like A Song
Gone

And classics that they should mix into the setlists:
With or Without You
Mysterious Ways
Even Better than the Real thing
Unforgettable Fire

Great point with everything. But I have to disagree with one thing. Walk on is not good live??:shame: This song comes alive for me everytime I hear a live version.

Back
Top Bottom