New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
First time, Discotheque, In a little while, Walk on, Fast cars, Crumbs...and we have 5 shows in a row.

What do you think? More songs coming or is it over with surprises for this leg?

I don't think surprises are over for this leg but I'm not sure if we're gonna get many surprises for the NYC shows. I really hope we do though, if they only played Electrical Storm it would be great already! I'm not sure if Walk On and In A Little While will be played again. I'm hoping that they start playing Crumbs regularly after the NYC shows though. The same for Fast Cars.

I think in NY they will either play the same songs they've been playing (in diferent order maybe) so far on this leg or they will add first leg songs like An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart, Gloria, Until The End Of The World, Out of Control.

U2girl said:
First time, Discotheque, In a little while, Walk on, Fast cars, Crumbs...and we have 5 shows in a row.

What do you think? More songs coming or is it over with surprises for this leg?

Most definitely more songs coming......DREAM OUT LOUD!

What about "New York?" My wife is going to flip if they don't play that one at MSG.

Odds?

Whay is that, 'cause they played it last tour ? Too predictable?

Pardon the Newbieness.

Because they haven't played it at all on this tour, and there have been absolutely no rumors of them rehearsing it or anything. Now I know they added The First Time and Miss Sarajevo quite surprisingly, but can lightning happen three times? Perhaps, that's why I gave it the 100-1 odds rather than saying no way :wink:

I just don't see this song fitting in with the setlist, and I don't see them rehearsing and perecting a song for one city. Like I said, New York in snippet form would be much more likely. But this leg has been full of surprises so far, so you never know. They do have 5 shows for which to mix it up a bit.

Chizip said:
Because they haven't played it at all on this tour, and there have been absolutely no rumors of them rehearsing it or anything. Now I know they added The First Time and Miss Sarajevo quite surprisingly, but can lightning happen three times? Perhaps, that's why I gave it the 100-1 odds rather than saying no way :wink:

I just don't see this song fitting in with the setlist, and I don't see them rehearsing and perecting a song for one city. Like I said, New York in snippet form would be much more likely. But this leg has been full of surprises so far, so you never know. They do have 5 shows for which to mix it up a bit.

They do have seven shows in New York on this leg, though, so I think rehearsing the song could be seen as worthwhile. I also think it could fit into the setlist in the encore after ABOY, and then follow it with Yahweh dedicated to the city.

That said, I don't think they're going to do it.

There better be some variation in these shows, but I have a strong feeling there'll be 2 song changes per night, and nothing too dramatic.

theu2fly said:
There better be some variation in these shows, but I have a strong feeling there'll be 2 song changes per night, and nothing too dramatic.

I'd say you're right for the first three nights. Toronto IV has made me a bit less confident that there'll be major shake-ups on the fourth night, but the fifth will surely be varied.

Back
Top Bottom