MERGED->please drop Bullet and Elevation!+already bored this tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigloader

The Fly
please drop Bullet and Elevation!

Is there any way that we can get some sort of petition to the band to stop playing Bullet the Blue Sky and Elevation? Please!

Also, where is All I want is You? I thought that would be a definite. The Version on the Slane DVD with that seguing into Streets is fucking amazing. My girlfriend and I always tend to pop in that DVD on Saturday mornings at 4AM when we're totally plowed and watch it.

But... couldn't you ask the band to drop those two songs? You know them, don't you? You are a technician working on the tour, I'm surprised you would want to make a Net petition...
Are you shy?

Bullet the blue sky has to go.
It is one of the few U2 songs I hate.
Its really annoying that they continue to play it esp in the same part of the show each tour.
Why wont they play the Unforgettable Fire live instead of Bullet ??

Oh well then it must go.
Bullet has died a death at every concert I have seen them play it which is alot.
It doesnt work in my opinion as the crowd cant get into it.

Fano said:

Bullet has died a death at every concert I have seen them play it which is alot.
It doesnt work in my opinion as the crowd cant get into it.

I think most disagree with you. That's why it's been a staple for some 15 years, and been released live twice on CD(Rattle and Hum and then a b-side ZooTV version).

Bullet is an amazing kickass song, tis a Whole Lotta Love indeed:wink:

Everything doesn't have to be a happy, happy crowd pleaser, as soon as the band sort out what they want to do with the song this tour I'm sure everyone will be enjoying it as much as I will

Bullet into Hands That Built America is pretty damn good. I don't even like Hands very much at all, but it flows really well, IMO.

Bullet is an anti-American song, and it should go. They tried to change it to an anti-gun song and failed miserably. the song blows, everytime its played me and my friends sit down or go to the bathroom, since that's the only time we do either at a u2 show maybe it should stay? HHHHHHMmmmm... the song blows though.

elevation622 said:
Bullet is an anti-American song, and it should go. They tried to change it to an anti-gun song and failed miserably. the song blows, everytime its played me and my friends sit down or go to the bathroom, since that's the only time we do either at a u2 show maybe it should stay? HHHHHHMmmmm... the song blows though.

:eyebrow:

if u are going to teh bathroom during the song then u are missing some of the most invigorating, original and impressive guitarwork of all time. Edge's solo and post solo guitar playing and use of effects are what the song is there for, along with the political aspect. That song is edge's moment to show off and thusly is included in every show. he hypnotizes the audience with his deft, agressive playing and leaves the audience always wanting more.

No one has really been able to explain to me why exactly Bullet should be left on the set lists. Casual fans aren't clamoring to hear it, hard-core fans have heard it a thousand times already and would undoubtedly rather hear The Unforgettable Fire, All I Want is You, Wire, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, or any number of other songs. I just don't see any compelling reason to keep the song around.

And beyond that, a lot of fans like myself have heard that damn song so many times that it's become downright annoying. In the immortal words of Snoop Dogg, "Drop it like it's hot!"

elevation622 said:

It should go because its anti-American or because its a bad song? If you think it should go because its anti-American I would suggest you do some research on it as it is a much deeper song than that. And if you think it should go because its a bad song, I think you will never get your wish. Its a song the band truly loves, especially live, they've said so many times before. After the Vertigo opener Bono said that he felt they lost crowd after it because it was so heavy and captivating that they couldn't get back to being light and "entertaining". Not a crowd pleaser indeed.

nicholsfornixon said:
No one has really been able to explain to me why exactly Bullet should be left on the set lists. Casual fans aren't clamoring to hear it, hard-core fans have heard it a thousand times already and would undoubtedly rather hear The Unforgettable Fire, All I Want is You, Wire, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, or any number of other songs. I just don't see any compelling reason to keep the song around.

As many times as I've heard it, I still get goosebumps. I wouldn't mind seeing One dropped or Pride.

I don't like it, it sucks and it probably is deeper than that but c'mon, they're a great band but they ain't infallible! I didn't appreciate them playing after Sept. 11 disguised as an anti-gun song when its about US foreign policy. then they have the name of the victims of Sept. 11, very hypocritical if you ask me. this was before the Iraq dibacle too
Hey they had a pro US song (In God's Country) and an anti-US song (Bullet) on the same album, so what do we know?
also, Bono goes around telling us to give more to Africa when he's got a helipad on his property!!!! I'm sure he gives a lot in charity, but maybe he should be giving more! Look at ticket prices! is that extra going to Africa or into there pockets? I like this board, been a member for a long time but they are not perfect, people!

If you think In God's Country is pro-US, you have shocking song interpretation abilities.

elevation622 said:
I don't like it, it sucks and it probably is deeper than that but c'mon, they're a great band but they ain't infallible! I didn't appreciate them playing after Sept. 11 disguised as an anti-gun song when its about US foreign policy. then they have the name of the victims of Sept. 11, very hypocritical if you ask me. this was before the Iraq dibacle too
Hey they had a pro US song (In God's Country) and an anti-US song (Bullet) on the same album, so what do we know?
also, Bono goes around telling us to give more to Africa when he's got a helipad on his property!!!! I'm sure he gives a lot in charity, but maybe he should be giving more! Look at ticket prices! is that extra going to Africa or into there pockets? I like this board, been a member for a long time but they are not perfect, people!

Give me a fucking break. You have no clue what the song is about, that's obvious(seems like you have no idea what In God's Country is about either). And the second part is just useless drivel that has nothing to do with the song at hand.:|

elevation622 said:

Get bent!
They should record more anti-American songs - you guys are really fucked up!

Do you really know what people outside of America think of you?

We all think you're a bunch of bible-bashing gun-toting burger-eating paranoid war-mongering mad Yanks!

Before you all get defensive, and offensive, I know you're all not like that.

F*ck, you've given birth to some of the greatest musicians actors, artists, writers, etc EVER! - include into that people like MLK, Lincoln and Marilyn Monroe (drool) - but the majority of countries really do abhor you!

You're hated as a country not as a people - if you know what I mean.

And when you lot vote George (I'm a war president) Bush back into power then you deserve all the shit you're going to get.

I applaud Bono for going on stage in America and giving your country shit - Amen!

Knock the UK as much as you want - we're fucked up too!

It'd take an American to interpret "any criticism of [thing] at all" into "anti-thingism," wouldn't it?

There are far too many unobjective blind fans on here who think the sun shines out of Bono's ass.
You can like the band's music but that doesnt mean you have to agree with everything they do/say.

elevation622 said:

believe it or not, some of us outside the united states haven't always appreciated what america's done to the rest of the world.

hard to imagine eh?

but 'please' is perfectly relevant, and is one of the most chilling songs u2's ever made, no?

Back
Top Bottom