MERGED --> Miss Sarajevo! + Miss Sarajevo again in Zurich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Miss Sarajevo!

U2Log just reported that "Miss Sarajevo" was played at tonight's show. Full band, full song!

yes its true!!
i was there.....bono had a very good aria!!

i posted this in reviews:):).
The played 40 at the end an
first time ever: original of the species (that were bonos words)

HOLY AWESOME, THAT'S AWESOME.

I hope this becomes like "Bad" or "Gloria" this tour; a song that they play enough to make the setlists interesting but not so much that we get sick of it.

So they didn't use a pre-recorded Pavarotti or anything?

(Edit: We also apparently got "Wild Horses," full-band "Original of the Species," and no "Vertigo-dos." Definitely gonna be an essential boot.)

dont forget the premiere of the original of the species...

you know: i had goosebumps all over when they played miss sarajevo :):) My year is perfect now no matter what happens.......

Well, it wasn't the premiere of OOTS, as they've been doing it on piano sparingly, but it's the premiere of it with Edge on guitar. The first proper OOTS, hooray!

you know what also happened. i just remember....

The edge played New years day different: Bono told that edge never wanted to change that sons because its perfect and now he did.....the edge came to bono and told him that it was a mistake:) and Bono told us:) funny moment

well i dont know that: the acoustic in the arena is not so good. I prefer the other big stadium in Rotterdam. But maybe the bootleg will turn out ok.

I had a ball, and want the bootleg ofcourse:) no matter what the quality is

Yet another song from their greatest hits album....

[sarcasm]

This show was also rare in that it's one of the handful of times a 5th musician joined U2 onstage - in full view.

The video snippet is really cool - the crowd goes apeshit when Bono hits the Pavarotti high note.

u2fp

BTW, is there a lyric change in the live version with Bono singing Synagogue/Senegal?

Last edited:
Miss Sarajevo is such a work of genius.

I am very happy that they brought someone (Terry Lawless) on stage to play the keys on OOTS. I think they restrict themselves too much when they don't use additional musicians and/or backing tracks. I just want the songs to sound good.

I think it's pretty ballsy, too. Still nothing from Pop or Zooropa, but Passengers!?!?! Gets my approval. :up: :up: :up:

Had there been any mention of this being rehearsed at all?

Watch the clip on u2log com.

Mamma mia that was good, and he n a i l e d the opera.

Back
Top Bottom