MERGED --> Major spoiler alert - opening night setlist preview from @U2 blog.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People bitchin' all the time about not wanting a greatest hits tour and they get this amazing report with songs like An Cat Dubh, Electric Co., Zoo Station, The Fly, Running To Stand Still in the mix and they still whine.
And some people say they want PRIDE(tired and boring, not even close to the energy from the mid 80's) in it? What the fuck?!

That said, I don't believe that this will be the opening setlist. But I do believe and hope these songs will be played on the tour frequently. I'm just disappointed there is no Crumbs or Original in this set.

andyuk said:
please play this setlist

COBL
VERTIGO
ALL BECAUSE OF YOU
I WILL FOLLOW
NEW YEARS DAY
PRIDE
STILL HAV'NT FOUND
MIRACLE DRUG
SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T MAKE IT

STUCK IN A MOMENT
ORGINAL OF THE SPECIES

BAD
UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD
STREETS
RUNNING TO STAND STILL
WITH OR WITHOUT YOU
BEAUTIFUL DAY

ELEVATION
SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY
ONE
YAHWEH

So painfully obvious and above all...
BORING!!! :madspit:

djerdap said:
People bitchin' all the time about not wanting a greatest hits tour and they get this amazing report with songs like An Cat Dubh, Electric Co., Zoo Station, The Fly, Running To Stand Still in the mix and they still whine.
And some people say they want PRIDE(tired and boring, not even close to the energy from the mid 80's) in it? What the fuck?!

That said, I don't believe that this will be the opening setlist. But I do believe and hope these songs will be played on the tour frequently. I'm just disappointed there is no Crumbs or Original in this set.

Even only reading the rumored setlist and this post, I agree entirely.

IF they do play this, though (in that order), I'll seriously be banging my head through a wall for not going opening night...let's hope this much diversity lasts until April 1 (the night I see them!).

It's shocking to see what brilliant set lists U2 could still have besides this one. I find it hard to belive though that WOWOY, Desire, Pride, UTEOTW, The Fly and so on would ALL be exluded from the list. I also don't put much stock into that list due to the fact that I honetsly can't see them going with basically 3 "unknown" songs right after COBL. maybe that's just me though. Having said that, it is one hell of an interesting setlist. Just not the one thier gonna use.:wink:

I think they're going to mix it up this tour. And I know I'm going to enjoy it!

Val said:
I think they're going to mix it up this tour. And I know I'm going to enjoy it!

I don't know but I've got a sense that this will be their greatest tour to date. there seems to be a real desire form the band, at least from these rumors to "educate" casual fans with the older lesser known material, trying to emphasise that U2 isn't necessarily a singles band but rather have always been an album band. The "hidden" gems they have is unequaled and in fact should be "hidden" no more.

:hmm: I wonder who it was that said COBL would open??? ;)

This is one possible setlist version. I think you are going to see something similiar to this on the tour. But this is by no means the only order.

glitter/confetti :eyebrow:

Last edited:
Hallucination said:

I don't know but I've got a sense that this will be their greatest tour to date. there seems to be a real desire form the band, at least from these rumors to "educate" casual fans with the older lesser known material, trying to emphasise that U2 isn't necessarily a singles band but rather have always been an album band. The "hidden" gems they have is unequaled and in fact should be "hidden" no more.

True...

In reality, I wouldn't be surprised if they had 5-7 different setlists in their bag...ready to pull out at their disposal. Every "rumored" different setlist has had different songs, order and length.

And another thing to think about...Noel Gallagher (of Oasis fame) once said something to the extent of the reason why they didn't change their setlists around was so that "the audience couldn't (complain) about what song they played in Seattle and not their town (absoultely paraphrased)".
If you think about how easy it is to get bootlegs and the power of the internet (Itunes, P2P, DC++, etc), there is no reason to keep a stable setlist (except for stage design reasons). Just about everyone can get their hands on just about every U2 show, some in less than a couple of days! With that technology, maybe the band wants to put different material out there to play and have others listen to (seeing as some tours have had quite a stable setlist)...and knowing the avaliablity of the recordings, U2 may feel as if anyone at anytime could hear "what they played in (insert your town here)".

Just food for thought...and hoping that at least one of the shook up setlists makes it to April 1.

wow Pride is not on it, Bad is not on it, so many others. An Cat Dubh is great! I have not heard them do that. AND ENDING WITH 40! omg!

and not starting out with Vertigo.

Wow whoever were the lucky people heard that being played there, ENVY!

I have to say I was looking forward to Crumbs and Original of the Species live. They may turn up eventually, at least one of them. I think they are the Kite of this tour, just not ready for prime time yet but will probebly appear eventually.

That being said, having Electric Co, An Cat Dubh, Running To Stand Still, Zoo Station and The Fly on the list MORE than make up for it. I believe there are more suprises also. Wait until they play more than 2 nights in a row in a city!

walkon11 said:

True...

In reality, I wouldn't be surprised if they had 5-7 different setlists in their bag...ready to pull out at their disposal. Every "rumored" different setlist has had different songs, order and length.

And another thing to think about...Noel Gallagher (of Oasis fame) once said something to the extent of the reason why they didn't change their setlists around was so that "the audience couldn't (complain) about what song they played in Seattle and not their town (absoultely paraphrased)".
If you think about how easy it is to get bootlegs and the power of the internet (Itunes, P2P, DC++, etc), there is no reason to keep a stable setlist (except for stage design reasons). Just about everyone can get their hands on just about every U2 show, some in less than a couple of days! With that technology, maybe the band wants to put different material out there to play and have others listen to (seeing as some tours have had quite a stable setlist)...and knowing the avaliablity of the recordings, U2 may feel as if anyone at anytime could hear "what they played in (insert your town here)".

Just food for thought...and hoping that at least one of the shook up setlists makes it to April 1.

Exactly. Also wasn't it thought to be that U2 is in talks with Apple to possibly make every show available through iTunes. maybe I'm crack but I thought there was somthing in the works in regards to that.

Blue Room said:
I have to say I was looking forward to Crumbs and Original of the Species live. They may turn up eventually, at least one of them. I think they are the Kite of this tour, just not ready for prime time yet but will probebly appear eventually.

That being said, having Electric Co, An Cat Dubh, Running To Stand Still, Zoo Station and The Fly on the list MORE than make up for it. I believe there are more suprises also. Wait until they play more than 2 nights in a row in a city!

Agreed. Boy rarities = :drool: :hyper: If they DO actually play them - wow, that would be totally beyond amazing. And I do wonder what they'll play in New York on the third leg!

this thread is the absolute perfect reason why u2 should switch up their setlists every night. Do you realize how amazing this tour is going to be if they do this?

and another thing, I really really need to stop reading these threads.

I've got tickets to 6 shows already on this tour and I'm a struggling college student with two part-time jobs.

:hmm: aw never mind, back to ticketmaster

Last edited:
wow suprises me how much some people actually moan, U2 are simply never going to be able to win, i think that much is known, to be i like the set list, a great mix of old and new, but hey some people wont like it, so i guess they will have to change it just so the ones that dont like it can be happy, and then when they change the ones that do like it will be unhappy, so they will change it back again (sarcasm)

OK here is mine - am sure most of you will agree of these modifications:

Okay.

City of Blinding Lights
CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE
The Electric Co.
Into the Heart
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Elevation
MAN AND A WOMAN
Yahweh
Gloria
One
Where the Streets Have No Name
Running to Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Vertigo
All Because of You
Sunday Bloody Sunday
ONE STEP CLOSER

My guess -- a lot of those songs get in, but not in that order.

I also think we're going to see more variety in the set this tour, and I also have this vision of them emphasizing different albums. Clearly, this is a Boy grouping.

And, hasn't Bono said repeatedly about HTDAAB that it was their "first album"? Makes sense that they'd play from their real 1st album, too.

Re: Major spoiler alert - opening night setlist preview from @U2 blog.

Axver said:
This is a direct copy from the most recent entry in the atu2.com blog and not only is it a major spoiler, it is MAJORLY EXCITING.

Read on if you don't mind spoilage! ENJOY!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

SPOILER: Setlist preview/prediction
Please stop reading here if you don't want an educated preview/prediction of the setlist U2 is preparing for the kickoff of the Vertigo Tour next week in San Diego.

This is the current "word on the street" (as we've heard it from our folks in L.A.) regarding the expected setlist U2 will be playing. As always, things can change before showtime.

(spoiler alert - last chance to leave)

Okay.

City of Blinding Lights
The Electric Co.
An Cat dubh
Into The Heart
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace Or Else
Elevation
Stuck In a Moment...
Yahweh
Gloria
One
Where the Streets Have No Name
Running to Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Vertigo
All Because of You
Sunday Bloody Sunday

*SQUEES loudly* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

:rockon: :hyper:

Okay, I'm calm now *G* Damn, what a setlist!

Back
Top Bottom