Love and Peace (from rehearsal)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is what U2FanPeter posted in the other thread about LOPOE, what he heard during Friday rehearsals:

"Love/Peace (very loud 'heartbeat' bass part - 'where is the love' part will make crowds go apeshit)"

:hmm:

It does sound a bit different from the CD. It's more "brooding" and the bass part was cranked in the mix.

it has a hurky-jerky stop start pace to the song. You know the heavy drum roll thing on LoveTown "God2"? It's got 2-3 of those.

Remember that this song is one they don't mind changing since it's rumoured to be from the ATYCLB era(judging by the cd liner note production credit)

U2FP

What about Edge's guitar? Is there an extended solo of some kind?

The solo was maybe a bit longer than the cd version. It was however a definite focal point of the live version and the volume to justify it.

It does remind me slightly of the FLY solo from 2001 as far as it fits into the songs profile.

U2FP

That's great. Thanks for the info.
Can you fill us on the versions of Electric Co., Zoo Station and The Fly? Are they different somehow from the previous live versions?

Fly - original 91/2 intro the rest remains faithful. Bono is saving his voice in the rehearsals, so the live version should have more vocal kick. The distortion effect on the guitar is closer to Zoo than elevation, athough edge change his noises frequently.

Zoo station - like 92 but has a slightly 'looser/casual' feel to it but at the same tempo. I didn't sense any use of a click track. I heard the "woodblock/tick-tock" part on the percussion but wondered who was playing it.

Electric Co. and other very early tracks - All sounded very faithful to the originals and each were full length. It is VERY interesting hearing 45 year olds playing songs they wrote when they were 20. I really hope fans go nuts for these tracks.

U2FP

The rehearsals here are done.

And the sound quality would be HORRENDOUS on the recording.

It was fairly muffled, even to a human ear.

Also, it was only U2's people inside the building, which I'm sure was security swept for recorders. The security was completely airtight. They didn't want a repeat of 2001 where there was a incomplete video of the show selling on ebay before opening night.

U2FP

Back
Top Bottom