get rid of elevation, and zoostation and possibly fly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earthshell

The Fly
After hearing these songs for 4 straight nights, I think at least one of them needs to be dropped. I mean sure, it's nice to hear Zoostation again but I'm not really a fan of the song but it does get the crowd going again and i do like the new lyrics Bono uses almost every night :wink:

Also, I'm not digging the new Elevation intro either. I was really surprised they broght that song back, I was certain that it would only get played in rarity on this tour. It's not that I don't like the song but I do. But I would just rather have them play other songs instead of Elevation like Gone, Until the End of the World, Crumbs From Your Table, Original of the Species, Out of Control, I Will Follow, Even Better than the Real Thing, A Sort Of Homecoming, With or Without You, Kite and a few more I can't think of. Also, if they're gonna play the Fly they should at least get the lyrics right! Come on Bono!!

Well I know they're only in 5 shows of the new tour and I really can't complain that much because the setlist is really strong but my only wish is please drop Elevation or at least by the time the arrive at Chicago :ohmy:

Drop Elevation, I agree.
On Anaheim 2 show, Bono got Fly lyrics straight. Don't drop this song...ever.
Zoo Station is cool, although it could rotate a bit. But don't drop it.

I'm actually getting into Elevation :reject:
Their starting to nail the new version down and it sounds good, plus the crowd seems to be so into it every night.

I agree that they should definetly not play it every night though. I'm the biggest AB worshipper and love the return of ZOO STATION, awesome....but I also think it should be rotated out once in awhile.

The FLY = every night. :rockon:

It wouldn't break my heart if they dropped Elevation. I like Zoo Station but I wouldn't consider it one of the classics, maybe if they played it on alternate concerts? I'm kind of afraid that if they overplay it during the US leg they'll get tired of it and then we won't hear it in Europe!

As for the Fly I agree with Djerlap.

Last edited:
:lol: Nuts, absolutely nuts. Elevation maybe, but U2 throws the diehards a bone with Zoo Station and you want them to drop it!! U2 fans are NEVER happy.

I just heard the new "Fly" for the first time - listened to it from Anaheim 2. It sounds AMAZING and should never be dropped in my opinion. Elevation I agree should at least be rotated.

They should NEVER again get rid of The Fly, that song is working out great! Specially with the new riff at the end! We're still in the very beginning of this tour, the band is still working new ideas into the older songs, let's give it some time. With that said I think that Zoo Station and Elevation are awesome. I'm loving Elevation with the intro going longer and stuff, very good and while I don't like Bono changing the perfect lyrics from Zoo Station all the time I think it's sounding great. There isin't many changes really, mostly changes from Larry's part but they make a diference in my opinion and the song is still rocking! Those songs are a great addition to the show! :rockon:

Elevation maybe on a rotation. The crowd really has gotten into it.

The Fly is hardcore, should stick around for legs 1 and 2.

Zoo Station sounds great and a welcome comeback. I could envision a rotation but it should be played at least once in each city.

Keep Zoo Station and the Fly for every concert. I could see maybe rotating or reworking Elevation though. I think Zoo Station and the Fly are great together and are highlights of the concerts. I did like the Elevation Tour version of The Fly a lot as well.

Cool thread. I've been to both SD, ANA 1, and LA 1...

Opening night in SD I was immediately disappointed in the 3 tracks in question...
Zoo Station and Fly were the worst two songs of that show by far, granted they were a little rusty and they sound much better now....

But, if your gonna bring back something off Achtung from the Elevation Tour, (like theyre doing with fly) why not End of the World? this song is insane live, prob better than at least half their current set...

as far as zoo station, tht song is a joke compared to the rest of achtung... its like a novelty song from tht tour with all the zoo tv props... i mean its not horrible (U2 prob incapapble of making really bad song), but it has to be the weakest track on tht album...

with elevation the crowd seems to be into it, it was a good opener last tour, i can see tht 1 in there... but disappointing to not see Walk On around anymore, the best song on leave behind and just tremendous live. how do you bury tht track?

so far 5 dates into the tour theyve played the exact same 7 from Bomb, why not bo

Here we are in another one of the 2,000 threads made about someone complaining about two songs in the setlist.

got cutoff there somehow was saying same 7 from Bomb, why not bounce out miracle and yahweh here and there for like original or crumbs (both will be incredible live when they finally get to them) or even man and a woman ?

I guess these changes are coming later in the tour?

Unforgettable is also on the shelf completely (except for pride of course), is there anyone out there who wouldnt like to see sort of homecoming and bad in heavy rotation? are the high notes in these 2 out of range now for bono possibly? his voice sounded pretty amazing to me, especially at ANA and LA...

I was lucky to catch with or without you at SD 2 and still havent found at ANA 1, both sounding great, why wouldnt you keep those around more often than zoo or mysterious lets say? there's no comparison even...

are the 2 off Tree more difficult to play or to sing?

I would have gone tonight again but after seeing 4 shows with them hitting now what looks like a formula set (identical set ANA 2,LA 1??) i have to admit it deterred me a little bit, if a tic fell in my lap i was there dont get me wrong... but if they really varied the set night to night I would have been there in a heartbeat...

anyways earthshell i agree with you 100%... I hope by the time they get to you they mix in some new ones off bomb, and some unforgettable, joshua tree, and serioulsy like any other tracks off achtung--you cant go wrong there (ultraviolet, end of world, so cruel, wild horses, tryn to throw arms, even bettr than real...) as far as acrobat goes theyve never played it (except in soundcheck)so you may have to wait a little while for that one...

Gotta keep Zoo Station, it's cool. Elevation can go, I guess. But getting rid of the tornado of Boy songs should be an even bigger priority. :mad: :madspit:

I like the Boy stuff personally, and probably alot of long time fans do.

But it is a strange choice of albums to go pulling deep cuts off of. Its kind of funny how like 90% of the crowd has no idea whats going on when they go into cry/electric co. , at least thats the way its been here in anaheim and LA, in SD they were a little more receptive to it....

Electric Co. is awesome for the 10% who know what theyre hearing, but Into the Heart is a little slow live, people werre B-lining to the bar at staples...

Actually agree with earlier post the Boy trio would be better later in the set....

I really would like to see Gloria instead of An Cat Dubh / into the heart... I´m listening to Anaheim 2 now and it doesn´t seem to work. I really like An Cat Dubh, but maybe it is better to put a more up-tempo song in the beginning of the set.

:mad: 80's fans :mad:

There are some of us who love these songs, come on, you want an 80's only set?

If I was to decide the setlist then no way I'd want Bad, Bullet or An Cat Dubh on it, but I don't mind them. I'll love the show whatever they play.

To jrjunior31, you mean they should stop playing "achtung--you cant go wrong there" and switch them with With Or Without You or I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For? Those two are overplayed and safe choices. Not Zoo Station.

god part 111, I meant I would rather hear anything from achtung(one of their top 3 albums prob) besides zoo fly or mysterious...

was also suggesting that with or without and still havent found are far superior than either of those 3 tracks off achtung...

you are right the cuts off joshua are played out on the radio but this happens with many of U2,s top songs unfortuantely...

but it is all personal preference, I can see we dont agree on the rankings of tracks off achtung but posiibly we could agree on the bomb rankings....

my top 4 would be love and peace, original species,sometimes, city of blinding light...

If I was to make a U2 top 100, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For would probably not be on the list. So I guess that states the difference between us fans eh?

All I'm saying is that of course they could alter their Achtung choices a little, but rather have those three songs than nothing at all.

I am absolutely thrilled that hey decided to play zoostation and the fly on this tour..however: I wish they would "dirty"it up al little more...especially the 2nd verse in the fly is so weak guitarwise...intro is amazing and then it kind of fades away untill the solo and the end of the song which are great. I wish Edge would play the elevationriff in the verses and keep the intor like this it would rock. Zoostation is not near as good as the zootv version till now...Bono needs to stop making up this incoherent stupid lyrics because the original is beautiful...and while we are at it...fuck up the voice a little more in those two songs. I still get chills thinking of the intro of zoostation with the indoorshow with this fucked up flanger sound over bono''s voice..it sounds too clean...

Still I'm exteremly happy that hey play this and not the usual stuff...and last night the ocean...Who could ever have guessed?

Rock on guys!!!:rockon:

zwervers2 said:
I am absolutely thrilled that hey decided to play zoostation and the fly on this tour..however: I wish they would "dirty"it up al little more...especially the 2nd verse in the fly is so weak guitarwise...intro is amazing and then it kind of fades away untill the solo and the end of the song which are great. I wish Edge would play the elevationriff in the verses and keep the intor like this it would rock. Zoostation is not near as good as the zootv version till now...Bono needs to stop making up this incoherent stupid lyrics because the original is beautiful...and while we are at it...fuck up the voice a little more in those two songs. I still get chills thinking of the intro of zoostation with the indoorshow with this fucked up flanger sound over bono''s voice..it sounds too clean...

Still I'm exteremly happy that hey play this and not the usual stuff...and last night the ocean...Who could ever have guessed?

Rock on guys!!!:rockon:

With Elevation riff I obviously mean the riff (the fly) he played during the elvation tour ...lol

Someone should make a poll listing all the songs that have always been played. And we choose the one we want dropped.

Get rid of elevation, change it to rotating Out of control, gloria and 11 O'clock
Zoo station should rotate with UTEOTW
The Fly sounds good now, it should stay.

i have had several friends attend some of the shows and they have all told me that elevation got the crowd going! so i would keep it in for sure

Back
Top Bottom