A.B.O.Y. M.I.A.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
StlElevation said:
all because of you kicks ass and is the closest u2 are going to get to "rock and roll" straight up, isnt that what all of interference wanted last year?

Key words: last year.

It's all about Mofo now. Get with the times! :wink:

The reason is probably cos they realised many staunch fans don't like it. It was frequently mentioned on those "Worst song in HTDAAB" threads. And look at some (negative) posts here!

I like the "An intellectual tortoyse, racing with your bullet train" line

umm i dont think internet posts on a forum are going to dictate what they actually do with their setlists.

personally i think they wanted to have an acoustic song or two in (stuck, the first time, whatever), but didnt fully want to ditch the rocking encore, so they moved the acoustic stuff to where all because of you would have been in favor of until the end of the world and mysterious ways.

StlElevation said:
all because of you kicks ass and is the closest u2 are going to get to "rock and roll" straight up, isnt that what all of interference wanted last year?

Amen.

The only problem I have with ABOY played live is that when Edge hits the solos, the absence of a rhythm guitar underneath it robs the song of much of its Ass Kickingness. Would it kill Bono to pick up a guitar for this one? He did for LNOE on the Popmart Tour, and turned an average song into a concert highlight.

Last edited:
Niceman said:
All Because if You is the best song LYRICALLY on the album, IMHO.

haha!

i truely believe this is the worst song lyrically of their entire career.

"some people get squashed, crossing the tracks. some people have high rises on their backs".

come on....its all so lame!

the song is much better live that it is on the album (which isn't really saying much, because the album version just sucks). it's by far my least favorite song on the album, and my least favorite song i heard on the tour. i hope it never pops up live again.

All Because of You is almost a complete failure, it's maybe the worst song that U2 has ever made. The only things to save are the beginning riff and the solo getting into "I'm alive................."
The chorus is awful, the drums arrangement are more than static, and the verse is quite disappointing. At the time before the album came out, Bono claimed this song as an incredible rock tune, but it's nothing more than a simple pop song. I've finally seen the original of the species video, and I'm so disappointed that they haven't choose this song to be the final single in europe, it would have had a great impact, and it would have had shown that U2 are still able to associate great songs to great videos. Instead they placed that all because of you thing that looks like the very bad version of where the streets have no name.

When they bring this song back live, or if they do

Bono needs to play the cowbell instead of the tambourine

the song will be 1000x better, trust me

LemonMacPhisto said:
When they bring this song back live, or if they do

Bono needs to play the cowbell instead of the tambourine

the song will be 1000x better, trust me

Yes! Chris Walken said it best: "Fellas. I've got to have more cowbell."

I think All Because Of You is a great song. Like Bono says, the song is heavily influenced by The Who... and you can tell.

Its so rockin, and I don't think these lyrics are supposed to be deep and spiritual. They are just rock n roll lyrics, and I think he wanted them to be kind of silly. I love his voice during the chorus... something about it. And who can forget the amazing breakdown after the 2nd chorus/before the solo. Where Bono lets his amazing pipes whail. Can't forget Edge's killer solo and than that awesome Rock N Roll scream Bono does just before it.

I don't see how people don't like it, but I guess thats what makes U2 so great... the variety of there songs.
Living in craphole Winnipeg and being 18, I wasn't into U2 when they came here on the PopMart tour and they haven't been here since, so I haven't been able to see this one live. Thank god its on the LIVE IN CHICAGO VERTIGO DVD... even though that performance does feel weak.

U2Man said:
Sting has started posting on Interference :ohmy:

Yes, I have! And I am also going to have a reunion tour with The Police and even record a new album with them. I also think that Copeland is a great guy and I would love to work with him on more music in the future.

ABOY is one of the best songs on the album, but it never hit off live to me.

Sounded great under the Brooklyn bridge with the backing guitars, but on the Vertigo tour it didn't do anything for me.

Too bad.

Wow, I can't believe all the contempt for ABOY.

It's certainly not my favorite song on the album, but it's the only true rock and roll song outside of Vertigo itself.

To say it's the worst song U2 has ever done is just plain ridiculous.

There are four or five tracks on Pop that are pretty special, but half that album is complete garbage.

Miami would easily get my vote for worst U2 song in recent memory.

I thought ABOY worked very well in concert and was amazed they actually dropped that toward the end of the third leg.

Back
Top Bottom