(12-17-2005) U2 Fans Join Together to Say Thank You in Portland - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Fans Join Together to Say Thank You in Portland

In an unprecedented showing of togetherness, U2 fansites Interference.com, AtU2.com and the folks over at Zootopia (U2.com's message board) have joined forces to say a very special thank you to U2 for a wonderful 2005 in Portland on Monday, the last (announced) North American Vertigo show.

The plan is this:

-- During "Elevation" (which is generally performed after "Vertigo" every night), fans are asked to sing "Thank You!" instead of the standard "whoo hoo!" along with holding up signs that say "THANK YOU".

--During "One" fans are also asked to hold up the "ONE" and "THANK YOU" signs, preferably at the end of the song as the band exits the stage, signaling the end of the main set of the concert.

If you are not lucky enough to get your hands on one of the thousands of pre-made signs that will be given out at the arena, we ask that you make your own with big, black lettering on white paper. Please also offer to help pass out signs at the venue if you are available to do so. We need all the help we can get!

And lastly, let's hope that this sign of togetherness is not the last joint effort between the three sites. What a wonderful way to start off a new year - being ONE as U2 fans.

Last edited:
This is EXCELLENT! I travelled from San Diego to Portland yesterday with 300 THANK YOU signs in my bag that I printed at home! :up: :up: This is going to be so exciting!

This is such a great idea. I wish I was there to see it. I hope someone is planning to film this, so those of us on the other side of the world can get to experience it vicariously through you!

Excellent stuff. The band will love it.

It is so nice that the three U2 websites, which have been known to take the occasional potshot at each other, have come together for this tribute to our favorite band. A great Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanzaa/holiday type of togetherness!!!

I hope this goes well. And :up: to Carek and the 300 signs!!!

I'm amazed by this wonderful Idea, and how far it's gotten!! it's gonna be an extraordinary experience and i can't wait to see the videos and pics of lucky fans who will have the chance to be there..

I do hope miroslava gets on stage one last time, since she started and succesfully developed this idea, and the same for hallusination, who printed out like 3.000 signs!!

The boys are gonna be really proud of their fans :larry::shocked: :adam: :shocked: :bono::shocked: :edge:

Best of luck everyone :wave:

Do these guys have a backup plan? What if U2 doesn't play Elevation that night?

Oh who am I kidding. :wink:

Just wanted to clarify that the Thank You signs are still on for both Elevation (atu2's previously established time) AND after ONE as the band says goodbye.

Zootopia will also have One signs to be raised during the song, though of course fans are also more than welcome to raise the thank you signs at that time.

Confusing I know, but considering we all just found out about each other's campaign's yesterday, I am pretty impressed we all agreed to join each other right away.

This is awesome, and so great that we can all join together to thank the band for an incredible tour!

I wish I could be there to experience this, but I look forward to seeing pictures/videos and reading about this.

And it's so fitting that everyone is in the holiday spirit, and can work together to do do this for the guys, despite our differences.

Merry Christmahannaukwaanzakah! :wink:

ThoraSEB said:
This is awesome, and so great that we can all join together to thank the band for an incredible tour!

I wish I could be there to experience this, but I look forward to seeing pictures/videos and reading about this.

And it's so fitting that everyone is in the holiday spirit, and can work together to do do this for the guys, despite our differences.

Merry Christmahannaukwaanzakah! :wink:

13.gif

Let me join in by saying this is a GREAT idea!

I, too, think it would be awesome if someone with a really nice view of the arena (perhaps someone sitting behind the band) could take some pics of the signs being held up. ]

U2 fans ARE the best fans. :bow:

I can take pics of from directly across from the tip of the elipse. I am sure there will be a lot of photos. I just hope the weather here cooperates more than the weather forecasters are reporting!

Woohoo!!!
GREAT to see this on the front page.
Thank you so much for posting it.

:bow:

:applaud:

:up:

I'm very excited about this!
Absolutely :heart: it.
And hope it will simply be AMAZING.

Monday evening can't come fast enough.

I too am sure, that if things do take off, there'll be plenty of pics floating around afterwards.

for those taking pics and videotaping... keep in mind to get the band's faces and reactions as well!!!
It'd be soo cool to be the smile on adam's face... they all love their fans so much they're gonna be sooo thankful!:love:

OMG i can't wait!!!

Man, I really wish we could all be at that show. We will certainly all be there in spirit. I'm looking forward to hearing how this goes on the stream and seeing the pics.

U2tours.com comments:

"For the final show of the year, fans greet the band with a display of red glowsticks as the show starts, and displays of THANK YOU signs during Elevation and One. Bono is moved by the display, and before Elevation says 'No, thank you!' and then asks Edge and Adam how to say 'thank you' in Gaelic. During several songs, Bono thanks members of the crew by name. In between the 1st and 2nd encores, the entire crew stands around the ellipse, wearing single-letter t-shirts that spell out THE U2 CREW THANKS BONO, EDGE, LARRY, AND ADAM FOR A GREAT 2005. "

Can't wait to see pictures of all of this! :up:

U2girl said:
U2tours.com comments:

"For the final show of the year, fans greet the band with a display of red glowsticks as the show starts, and displays of THANK YOU signs during Elevation and One. Bono is moved by the display, and before Elevation says 'No, thank you!' and then asks Edge and Adam how to say 'thank you' in Gaelic. During several songs, Bono thanks members of the crew by name. In between the 1st and 2nd encores, the entire crew stands around the ellipse, wearing single-letter t-shirts that spell out THE U2 CREW THANKS BONO, EDGE, LARRY, AND ADAM FOR A GREAT 2005. "

Can't wait to see pictures of all of this! :up:

:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom